What was the first R Rated movie you saw?

BillsPride12

It was the Beverly Hills Cops movies for me and I have been coming across them a lot on Showtime lately which made me think of this.  Sure they feel a bit dated now but I still had to stop and watch and I still enjoy those movies.  I don't remember how old I was when I first watched them but I was pretty young.  At that time those movies felt so badass to me haha.  I hope BHC 4 is still in the works but I haven't heard anything on that in awhile 

Conan the Barbarian (1982).

I actually think I saw a theatre X rated movie before a R rated one.  Some silly one on campus.

Conan the Barbarian was being shown at a theatre "near" UB's Amherst campus.

Walked there from campus having read some Conan comics when I went to college.

The movie got my adrenalin pumping and I ran back to campus.

I was disappointed when sequel came out for they tamed it down.

20 minutes ago, jayg said:

Alien when I was nine.  When the alien came out of Kane's chest I had to walk out for a few minutes and play pinball.  🤣

Too funny.  Same here (movie and age) except for leaving (the theater).  I closed my eyes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

My dad had me watch Terminator and Predator back to back before we went hunting. I was absolutely terrified the entire hunting trip. I spent most my time dipping and dodging as we hiked, so the predator could not get a clear ***** at my head. I was too young to hunt, so I was basically the backpack mule... but I have never focused on tree tops like that before or since.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Animal House.

Although I did try to watch movies on the old wired push button cable box…  Scrambled, but occasionally saw something…not sure what it was, but at my age it was good enough!

IMG_0781.jpeg

I remember those times.

th?id=OIP.VEfq9PLd-3Lo0S6EUjRE2QHaFx&w=2

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Circa 1976, our cable company introduced HBO by giving us a free month of the premium channel. When my parents were out, I watched Serpico. I was around 12-13 at the time. The first one I watched at the movies was a drive-in double feature of Slapshot and Animal House. (My older brother took me.) I was sixteen.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

The Warriors.  At the time there was huge deal made about how excessively violent it was - which of course only fueled underage kids like me at the time to sneak in.  "Warrrrioooorrs - Come out to Play-eeee-aaayyyyyyy"

• Like (+1) 2

My Cousin Vinny

My neighbor Amanda way way back then I thought had the cool mom who took her and her friend to the movie theaters to see it when it first came out.  I think this was when we were in 3rd grade?   

Anyway my Dad never allowed me to watch it.  Him being a Catholic man who never swore didn’t want me to hear the language in the movie.  But my Mom gave in and rented it for me at the Library.  I still recall hiding the VHS tape under my bed so my dad wouldn’t see it.  

The first one I ever saw was Slapshot.  The first one I ever got into by myself as a minor was Animal House.

3 hours ago, 1billsnut said:

Pretty sure it was Porky’s. I was 11-12. Definitely an eye opener. 

I have never laughed as hard at a movie as I did at this one.  I think I hurt myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

no kidding!  is it still PG?  the porkchop scene and the tree coming to life was therapy territory for me.

Not sure if it still is.  And they knew when they made the movie it wasn't appropriate for a PG rating and was an impetus for making the PG-13 category.

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

My Cousin Vinny

My neighbor Amanda way way back then I thought had the cool mom who took her and her friend to the movie theaters to see it when it first came out.  I think this was when we were in 3rd grade?   

Anyway my Dad never allowed me to watch it.  Him being a Catholic man who never swore didn’t want me to hear the language in the movie.  But my Mom gave in and rented it for me at the Library.  I still recall hiding the VHS tape under my bed so my dad wouldn’t see it.  

They could have easily have made that movie PG-13 by cutting out all the F bombs and it would have been even more successful and just as funny.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

It was the Beverly Hills Cops movies for me and I have been coming across them a lot on Showtime lately which made me think of this.  Sure they feel a bit dated now but I still had to stop and watch and I still enjoy those movies.  I don't remember how old I was when I first watched them but I was pretty young.  At that time those movies felt so badass to me haha.  I hope BHC 4 is still in the works but I haven't heard anything on that in awhile 

great question - Army of Darkness (1992).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

God, people on here are young. Probably the Exorcist. Was 16 in 1973.HBO came on cable in 75 or 76. Saw Blazing Saddles (74) and then suggested that my parents see it. Went to see it again with them.

HBO went off the air at about 1AM. International Cable would show a hard R-rated  movie or two on that channel and then a "soft" X at about 4 AM.  We were already over 18, got some  beer and watch them at my friend's house. Years later confirmed this with my neighbor who worked for International Cab le back then.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.