Would you trade AJ Epenesa?

Buffalo_Stampede

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Once Von is full go we’ll have Rousseau, Miller, Floyd, Lawson, and Jonathan. Jonathan has shown promise.

Epenesa’s value won’t be any higher. He’s playing good football. The other option is extending him to pair with Rousseau in the future.

With the injuries Epenesa could bring back a solid player to help at CB or LB.

It depends, is said CB starting material and in his 4th year and re-signable? Then maybe.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Success said:

He has been incredible - one of the more disruptive players we have out there.  

I can't see him getting traded.

Makes more sense to extend him,  Based on injures to other players including Jones who is at end of two year contract it would be better for EJ to sign extension now with guarantee of money; his agent can request performance bonuses in contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Very interesting question since he is a free agent after this season.  Can AJ play RDE?  Groot is entrenched at LDE and I expect that he will be signed to a long-term contract at some point.  If AJ can play RDE, it may depend on what the Bills think for the timeline for Miller with Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

He had a pick 6 in one game and Dominated a full game as much as any DE we have seen since probably Bruce.  On top of it we waited years for him to flash. We can’t trade him right now. He’s an impact player and you can’t have enough of those when you’re making a Super Bowl push. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes!!!

let's trade a young guy just coming into bloom so we can feature Von Sorry Bro I'm Not Feelin It Miller and Shaq First Round Pick Right Off The Bus Lawson 2.0!!!

I love this......place

We wait three years for the guy to live up to his draft position…, and the millisecond he does some want to move him on …

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

We wait three years for the guy to live up to his draft position…, and the millisecond he does some want to move him on …

the only guy who really showed up D yesterday.  let's trade him because there's Miller (who is a million years old and has played 11 games for $35 million so far).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

AJE might be the biggest surprise after Bernard. Dude is playing lights out in his rotational role. Definitely a plus you can’t get rid off unless the team nets something just as impactful on return. Can’t see where we need anyone other than DB with the corner injuries and ages of Hyde/Po. 

25 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Good luck with that … 

Edmunds revisited … someone is paying him… 

I’m hoping they pay Rousseau the following year 

I mean, obviously if someone throws stupid ludicrous type cash at him that changes the equation. And if he keeps making splash plays someone will get hooked in, possibly.

There's a limit with a guy like him, much like there was a limit with Edmunds that you don't pay over.  As much as I like how well he's come on the last year and a half or so, he's still an incomplete player when it comes to the run game. His pay has to reflect that.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe if it brought a quality CB or WR2… player for player trades are rare at the deadline though. Usually all about the draft picks. Could be a deal of AJ for a pick , then trade that pick plus others for a WR2 or CB. See what the big picture is closer to the deadline. 

43 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

All the “no’s” understand he’s on the last year here right? He’ll be a UFA and the way he’s playin - demand a ton of money. Money we don’t have (at least I don’t think we do). 

And if he helps us get a sb win I'll be happy he gets paid somewhere.  Get the comp pick restock...

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We have depth. Jonathan looks good. We have 5 quality edge players not including Epenesa.

If Denver wanted Epenesa and a pick for Surtain you wouldn’t do it?

We were playing some DT we had never heard of at DE yesterday because we were out of DE’s. Von played a ton early (more than hoped for or expected), but then I didn’t see him later. What was his snap count 1st half vs second half? What, EXACTLY, is the Rousseau situation? 

No, unless you are tanking (and that ain’t us), I keep the guys who are being productive.  JMO

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

We were playing some DT we had never heard of at DE yesterday because we were out of DE’s. Von played a ton early (more than hoped for or expected), but then I didn’t see him later. What was his snap count 1st half vs second half? What, EXACTLY, is the Rousseau situation? 

No, unless you are tanking (and that ain’t us), I keep the guys who are being productive.  JMO

Von is on preseason snap mode. He’ll be ramped up each week.

Obviously if Rousseau is out a while you can’t make a trade. This is all depending on the health situation at edge.

AJ is our 4th DE. We currently don’t have a starting WLB or CB1. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We have depth. Jonathan looks good. We have 5 quality edge players not including Epenesa.

If Denver wanted Epenesa and a pick for Surtain you wouldn’t do it?

Why would Denver want to give up Surtain?  

And for an 11 game “4th best DE” rental?

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Once Von is full go we’ll have Rousseau, Miller, Floyd, Lawson, and Jonathan. Jonathan has shown promise.

Epenesa’s value won’t be any higher. He’s playing good football. The other option is extending him to pair with Rousseau in the future.

With the injuries Epenesa could bring back a solid player to help at CB or LB.

For Patrick Surtain ? yes

And I do like AJ

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Okay we give them Elam too. Straight up

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If anything, he deserves an extension because next year is Von’s last year for sure and we need youth.

Perhaps.

Agreed with youth. Not sure about Vons last year though.

But forward thinking is critical thinking

21 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Depends if they view AJ as a starting edge player for them. AJ and a 1st for Surtain.

If AJ isn’t viewed as a starting edge in the league then obviously a trade wouldn’t happen.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The only way they trade AJE is if they already decided he isn't a long term plans kind of player.

And I doubt they have made that decision after he is having a breakout through these injury opportunities.  Him and Groot could anchor our Edge rush a long time if he keeps playing at this level and shows its not just some little short lived hot streak.  

I think you consider trading him if the compensation is right and if he's going to be expensive to keep. Lots of unknowns. 

He's playing lights out and by far the best he's ever played. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Depends if they view AJ as a starting edge player for them. AJ and a 1st for Surtain.

If AJ isn’t viewed as a starting edge in the league then obviously a trade wouldn’t happen.

This trade is not going to happen … you are right there 

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Okay we give them Elam too. Straight up

They want two firsts so they said no 

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

He had a pick 6 in one game and Dominated a full game as much as any DE we have seen since probably Bruce.  On top of it we waited years for him to flash. We can’t trade him right now. He’s an impact player and you can’t have enough of those when you’re making a Super Bowl push. 

AJE needs to increase his ability on running downs but that is something which he can work on.  During first 2 years his weight changed up and down per instructions of training staff but it seems to be right now.  This is a player who was a multi-sport athlete (A.J. on the varsity team for four seasons that all ended in the state playoffs) who walked into Iowa and got a position on team.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The only way they trade AJE is if they already decided he isn't a long term plans kind of player.

And I doubt they have made that decision after he is having a breakout through these injury opportunities.  Him and Groot could anchor our Edge rush a long time if he keeps playing at this level and shows its not just some little short lived hot streak.  

If only they'd thought about that with Edmunds😎

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They want two firsts so they said no 

IMO Surtain is not worth 2 1sts.  He would be on a different defense which takes time to adjust to and rather than having 1st round picks next two years.

The Alabama product is adept at playing man coverage, as he possesses the length and speed to stay in front of the best wide receivers.

We do have an QB whose strength is man-to-man but have not been able to put 

Just now, Limeaid said:

IMO Surtain is not worth 2 1sts.  He would be on a different defense which takes time to adjust to and rather than having 1st round picks next two years.

The Alabama product is adept at playing man coverage, as he possesses the length and speed to stay in front of the best wide receivers.

We do have an QB whose strength is man-to-man but have not been able to put 

Maybe not…but they don’t have to trade him either 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.