Ian Rap: Milano has a fractured leg and most likely additional knee damage. Likely season ending

Roundybout

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I hate to sound like this, but this ends the season imo. Sure, we'll likely make the playoffs. Might even still win the division. But we arent winning the SB without Milano.

Devastated. Absolutely devastated.

We could win the Super Bowl without Milano. 

But to be already down Tre and Milano with 12 games to go and several other guys in various states of banged up? I just don’t know. It’s deflating as hell. I don’t see how you win the Super Bowl with a second string defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

We could win the Super Bowl without Milano. 

But to be already down Tre and Milano with 12 games to go and several other guys in various states of banged up? I just don’t know. It’s deflating as hell. I don’t see how you win the Super Bowl with a second string defense. 

Cumulatively yes, it’s just too many

37 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Fractured leg and knee injury? The knee ligaments are the big concern. If so that could be career ending for a guy who turns 30 next July. 

I wonder if the fracture is not a complete break and more of a hairline.  Complete break would most definitely mean season ending

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Sickening on "x" too. Most of the replies from phins fans about karma for a dirty player. He's the opposite of that. He plays the game right every down.

Yeah I never understood that.  The hit on Tua was borderline late and certainly not vicious.  I think they might be more hurt about last week

• Like (+1) 1

My very unpopular opinion is that we will be okay without Milano. I know he has been arguably our best player on defense this year. But WLB is not a premium position, in fact it is arguably the least important position on defense. You can get by with replacement level talent at the position.

I'm more concerned about Jones and Rousseau. Our front 4 has been excellent this year and they have been the best players in that group.

No chance I am going to say losing a WLB will be the thing that sinks our season like I see some other people saying. The other front 7 players need to keep making plays like they have been, and the offense needs to be a lot better than it was today.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This whole thing is just ridiculous.  First, playing on a field with that artificial turf.  How many of the Bills injuries came about because of that turf?   And, much less importantly, how many Bills slipped and couldn't make plays, leading to the loss?  Considering age and severity of injury, it's possible that the Bills will never see Tre White or Matt Milano on the field again.  

Second it's ridiculous that one team could remain in London and be rested, and then face a team that just arrived.  

One of the premier teams in the league just got devastated, all so the NFL can make more money and try to spread its brand.  It's tragic.  

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My very unpopular opinion is that we will be okay without Milano. I know he has been arguably our best player on defense this year. But WLB is not a premium position, in fact it is arguably the least important position on defense. You can get by with replacement level talent at the position.

I'm more concerned about Jones and Rousseau. Our front 4 has been excellent this year and they have been the best players in that group.

No chance I am going to say losing a WLB will be the thing that sinks our season like I see some other people saying. The other front 7 players need to keep making plays like they have been, and the offense needs to be a lot better than it was today.

LOVE the optimism, but being without our best corner, best linebacker, and arguably our best d-lineman for an extended period of time is a hell of a combination to have to overcome.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There are WLBs and then there are WLBs.  Milano flew all over the place, making plays with his speed, athleticism, and football IQ.    The D line has been excellent, and it's true that Rousseau and Jones have been the best players there, although Oliver took advantage of being next to Jones to have his best season so far.  If they're both out, and if Miller doesn't get back to being himself, we'll be watching QBs carve up our deleted LBs and secondary.

2 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

The key to the defense has long been Taron Johnson. 

And HE got hurt too today although he was able to come back.

Just now, RiotAct said:

LOVE the optimism, but being without our best corner, best linebacker, and arguably our best d-lineman for an extended period of time is a hell of a combination to have to overcome.

And it's not just one at each position.  We were without our two best corners, our best LB, our best D tackle, and our best D end.  And at one point Taron Johnson was out too, so make that our three best corners.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I tend to agree with this but with a bit of an caution that Milano has made those game changing plays, tackles that others don’t seem to make. 

It is what  it is unfortunately and others need to step up. Fully agree on the offense! 

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I tend to agree with this but with a bit of an caution that Milano has made those game changing plays, tackles that others don’t seem to make. 

Milano's missed tackle rate is actually very high, he's consistently one of the worst on the team in that area. Obviously we are going to miss him in pass coverage, I just don't think it is as big a deal as people make it out to be. Get the front 4 healthy, keep Elam off the field, we'll be okay.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

43 minutes ago, Success said:

If there are any positives - which there really aren't - it looked like Williams played really well in place of Milano.  And Jones is such a big piece, but we do have great line depth.

I'm grasping a bit, but this is still one of the best teams in the league no matter what the news over the next 24 hours is like.

He looked good to me at times but he missed at least two tackles and was benched afterwards. Dodson was playing rest of the game. Williams played couple of snaps instead of Taron I think.

Anyway, season is NOT over without Milano. Our chances to win it all dropped significantly, but it's not over. Let's hope there is a chance with Daquan at least.

• Like (+1) 2

Was hoping this was a dislocated knee where maybe in 6ish weeks they could get him back. Now we just have to hope this isn’t a career threatening injury. At best he simply fractured his leg which best case is a season ender or out until well into December. Hoping for the best or at least a less bad scenario 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Milano's missed tackle rate is actually very high, he's consistently one of the worst on the team in that area. Obviously we are going to miss him in pass coverage, I just don't think it is as big a deal as people make it out to be. Get the front 4 healthy, keep Elam off the field, we'll be okay.

Elam is as bad as he looked. . I really thought this staff could do something with him and that he was a better man coverage player.. it sure didn’t look like it today. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

sounds like we are rationalizing the way I tried to do when Tre White tore his achilles. Saw how that worked out for me today. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.