Ian Rap: Milano has a fractured leg and most likely additional knee damage. Likely season ending

Roundybout

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I hate to sound like this, but this ends the season imo. Sure, we'll likely make the playoffs. Might even still win the division. But we arent winning the SB without Milano.

Devastated. Absolutely devastated.

We could win the Super Bowl without Milano. 

But to be already down Tre and Milano with 12 games to go and several other guys in various states of banged up? I just don’t know. It’s deflating as hell. I don’t see how you win the Super Bowl with a second string defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

We could win the Super Bowl without Milano. 

But to be already down Tre and Milano with 12 games to go and several other guys in various states of banged up? I just don’t know. It’s deflating as hell. I don’t see how you win the Super Bowl with a second string defense. 

Cumulatively yes, it’s just too many

37 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Fractured leg and knee injury? The knee ligaments are the big concern. If so that could be career ending for a guy who turns 30 next July. 

I wonder if the fracture is not a complete break and more of a hairline.  Complete break would most definitely mean season ending

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Sickening on "x" too. Most of the replies from phins fans about karma for a dirty player. He's the opposite of that. He plays the game right every down.

Yeah I never understood that.  The hit on Tua was borderline late and certainly not vicious.  I think they might be more hurt about last week

• Like (+1) 1

My very unpopular opinion is that we will be okay without Milano. I know he has been arguably our best player on defense this year. But WLB is not a premium position, in fact it is arguably the least important position on defense. You can get by with replacement level talent at the position.

I'm more concerned about Jones and Rousseau. Our front 4 has been excellent this year and they have been the best players in that group.

No chance I am going to say losing a WLB will be the thing that sinks our season like I see some other people saying. The other front 7 players need to keep making plays like they have been, and the offense needs to be a lot better than it was today.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.