4 drives ended by dropped passes

Alphadawg7

Plenty of other factors from injuries to horrific refs that contributed to this loss, but we had 4 drives ended by dropped passes and that’s all in our control.  Would have been 5 too but a penalty negated the play.  

Cook, Knox, Diggs, Davis all dropped passes that killed our drives which would have been first downs, with Davis having a second drop for a first down erased off the stat sheet by a penalty.

Feels like the only people who showed up to play with any fire today was Allen, Diggs and AJE.  Milano and Daquan get a pass as they were hurt.

But the dropped passes in a game where refs were working against us were just killers.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Feels like the only people who showed up to play with any fire today was Allen, Diggs and AJE.  

It may feel that way to you, but it's dishonest crediting Diggs with showing up but not Davis.  Their contributions were nearly identical except the Davis didn't commit a key TO.

Man, the Davis hate/bias is strong here. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Plenty of other factors from injuries to horrific refs that contributed to this loss, but we had 4 drives ended by dropped passes and that’s all in our control.  Would have been 5 too but a penalty negated the play.  

Cook, Knox, Diggs, Davis all dropped passes that killed our drives which would have been first downs, with Davis having a second drop for a first down erased off the stat sheet by a penalty.

Feels like the only people who showed up to play with any fire today was Allen, Diggs and AJE.  Milano and Daquan get a pass as they were hurt.

But the dropped passes in a game where refs were working against us were just killers.

Kincaid also dropped a ball.  We had a holding penalty, so it didn't matter, but still.  WTF do we drop catchable balls when we play the Jagoffs?  We should have run them off the pitch today.

It’s sucks 4 passes were dropped. 
it happens.  Sometimes it’s a lot.  Sometimes it’s one or two. Sometimes it’s the wr.  Sometimes it’s the throw. 

And sometimes drops are rare (see: 48 pts).  

and drops happen to all teams.  

It’s more normal than you think and doesn’t mean gut everyone.  Dropped balls are part of the game.  No wr catches 100%. 

gonna go root for our farm team against the dolphins. 

Edited by Blackbeard

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t recall a Diggs drop…

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes on penalties. Also Josh was off. And the Jags D is good.

Just now, mannc said:

He did have one go through his hands on the sideline. And he had a catch taken from him hands.

• Like (+1) 1

Unfortunately Diggs getting the ball ripped out of his hands by a 5'9 CB was the most impactful of them all. I would say bare minimum all of the drops together took at the very least 10 points off the board, and forced a banged up defense to keep coming back on the field. Make no mistake - the Bills skill position players lost this game.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It may feel that way to you, but it's dishonest crediting Diggs with showing up but not Davis.  Their contributions were nearly identical except the Davis didn't commit a key TO.

Dishonest?  Davis had a momentum and drive killing drop for what have been a first down.  Then he did it again, except the stat sheet won’t show it because a penalty eliminated the play.  

So, I wouldn’t put his game in the same category as Diggs, both his drops were bad.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Penalties sucked and they sure were called against the Bills. Hard to imagine that Jags played "so disciplined"  

Oh man, I usually try to say very little about flags/penalties, but today was egregious. I felt like turning my tv off. Anytime we had a momentum play, a flag(or 4) flew down and killed it. It was disgusting.

I promise ANY fan of any team would feel this way if it was their team this happened to. I am not blaming the flags alone for our loss, but my god, they played a significat role.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He overthrew Knox twice. Davis once. He missed Cook on the flat. 

He also had 5 dropped passes and a deep one wrestled away from Diggs.  Allen was the only reason we still had a shot in this game.  The OL stunk and so did the refs too.  

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How was Josh off?  His first 4 incompletions were 3 drops and a throw away when OL got blown up.  

His underthrow to Diggs on that deep shot was a guaranteed TD and cost them 7 points as they ended up punting on that drive. The key play in the game and it essentially cost them the win. Allen was not good today until it was too late.

Edited by QB Bills
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

The deep pass on 3rd & 15 that was in Diggs hand at the 5 yard line and he had it wrestled away by the DB.  I consider that a "dropped pass".  All Diggs had to do was keep his hands on the ball, wr wins the 50/50 possession, and the Bills have 1st & goal at the 5 and about to take the lead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

His underthrow to Diggs on that deep shot was a guaranteed TD and cost them 7 points as they ended up punting on that drive. The key play in the game and it essentially cost them the game. Allen was not good today until it was too late.

Disagree. That was a very late developing play.  Those are not the kind you hit the WR in stride for.  That pass & catch were exactly how that sort of play is supposed to work.

IMO Allen had a great game that was marred by dropped passes, penalties and the refusal of Dorsey to adjust to what the Jags were doing until to late in the game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I blame dorsey. All we had to do was throw, throw, throw. I think he's been paying too much attention to establish the run for play action. We didn't need it. This was a beat there secondary game. It showed at the end when we were forced to do it. I dont blame Gabe for one drop. Thing was a frigging bullet too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I blame dorsey. All we had to do was throw, throw, throw. I think he's been paying too much attention to establish the run for play action. We didn't need it. This was a beat there secondary game. It showed at the end when we were forced to do it. I dont blame Gabe for one drop. Thing was a frigging bullet too.

If we didn’t run the ball out of shot gun maybe the run game would have been more successful 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

His underthrow to Diggs on that deep shot was a guaranteed TD and cost them 7 points as they ended up punting on that drive. The key play in the game and it essentially cost them the win. Allen was not good today until it was too late.

That was over 60 yards in the air bro.  How far you think QBs throw.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

It’s true he under threw that but I think your overall point is wrong. Allen played good, but not great. 

Playcalling, refs, jet lag, rested Jags, and drops cost us this game. 

Chiefs would’ve won this game with Mahomes having the same exact day as Allen. He had the same exact day as Allen against the Jets but his team won it. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The deep pass on 3rd & 15 that was in Diggs hand at the 5 yard line and he had it wrestled away by the DB.  I consider that a "dropped pass".  All Diggs had to do was keep his hands on the ball, wr wins the 50/50 possession, and the Bills have 1st & goal at the 5 and about to take the lead.

I don’t think Diggs ever had possession.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

The call to Denver for Jerry jeudy needs to be made. If they lose to the jets today you make that call. A second might get it done 

Could have gotten Calvin Ridley for nothing this offseason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Gabe drop was a killer. 

We finally had momentum.  Puts us from being 1st down in FG range, down 4 with plenty of time left, to 3rd and long / punt. 

As good as Gabe played he made a really bad error when the margin for error was small. Just frustrating as the penalties put the Bills behind so much and then they made a few errors and were depleted on defense due to injuries 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Diggs is a bigger McKenzie: a choke player on an otherwise good offense.

Not a hot take to say the Bills would be better off without him. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t think Diggs ever had possession.

Could have gotten Calvin Ridley for nothing this offseason.

It’s too late for that. It’s time to make a move to go for it and save this season. This offense would be unreal with jeudy

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How was Josh off?  His first 4 incompletions were 3 drops and a throw away when OL got blown up.  

I thought Allen was very good today, but I also thought that the “drop” by Cook was a pretty poor throw — too hot and behind him. Other than that and underthrow to the wide open Diggs on the 48-yard bomb (a deeper throw would have been a TD), he was on fire.

17 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Nah, he hit Cook in the hands. That was an atrocious drop

Too hot and behind him. Even Warner, who praised Allen all game, said it wasn’t a good throw.

23 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

He had to throw that ball more quickly with the pressure bearing down on him on that play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.