4 drives ended by dropped passes

Alphadawg7

Just now, Real McNasty said:

This has to be the worst post I have ever seen on TBD.

Should be easy to rebut then. Have at it. But start with Davis' drop rate, move on to his poor route-running, lack of speed, quickness, and separation, and end with his feeble production as a WR2 playing with a future HOF QB opposite a future HOF WR. 

Or is your case that he sometimes--maybe even often--catches balls that Allen puts right in his hands? 

Just now, finn said:

Should be easy to rebut then. Have at it. But start with Davis' drop rate, move on to his poor route-running, lack of speed, quickness, and separation, and end with his feeble production as a WR2 playing with a future HOF QB opposite a future HOF WR. 

Or is your case that he sometimes--maybe even often--catches balls that Allen puts right in his hands? 

Problem is you said Diggs, not Davis.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, finn said:

Put down the wine coolers, because you complained about Diggs and then went after Davis. Reset, Regroup, maybe some water?

Edited by JDubya76
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dishonest?  Davis had a momentum and drive killing drop for what have been a first down.  Then he did it again, except the stat sheet won’t show it because a penalty eliminated the play.  

So, I wouldn’t put his game in the same category as Diggs, both his drops were bad.

Davis caught the 3rd-Down pass that led to our 1st-and-10 at the Jags' 15 and setting up the next TD. 

He also caught a 24-Yard pass on 1st-and-20 from our own 15 that kept that drive alive, he's the one that scored the TD on B2B plays on which Diggs was called for PI.  Regardless of the call, he caught it again, twice in a row, for the same TD. 

He also caught the 29-Yard pass that set us up at the Jags' 3 after which Allen ran it in.  

He had two of our four longest plays and three of our six longest plays, all three of which either contributed directly to scoring TDs or a TD itself. 

So yes, to suggest that he didn't show up is dishonest.  

Spin it as you may.  I'll take that performance from him every week.  

On a side note, Allen has 11 passing TDs so far this season.  9 of them have been to Diggs/Davis.  (5/4)   Davis is on pace for just under 1,100 yards and 17 TDs.  Not saying he'll get that, but 1,000/10+ is beyond reasonable.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Davis caught the 3rd-Down pass that led to our 1st-and-10 at the Jags' 15 and setting up the next TD. 

He also caught a 24-Yard pass on 1st-and-20 from our own 15 that kept that drive alive, he's the one that scored the TD on B2B plays on which Diggs was called for PI.  Regardless of the call, he caught it again, twice in a row, for the same TD. 

He also caught the 29-Yard pass that set us up at the Jags' 3 after which Allen ran it in.  

He had two of our four longest plays and three of our six longest plays, all three of which either contributed directly to scoring TDs or a TD itself. 

So yes, to suggest that he didn't show up is dishonest.  

Spin it as you may.  I'll take that performance from him every week.  

On a side note, Allen has 11 passing TDs so far this season.  9 of them have been to Diggs/Davis.  (5/4)   Davis is on pace for just under 1,100 yards and 17 TDs.  Not saying he'll get that, but 1,000/10+ is beyond reasonable.  

Except I didn’t say he didn’t show up.  You said that.  I said the only ones playing with any fire seemed to be Allen, Diggs, and AJE.  

You’re making your own conclusions from that as it I said Davis was a bum today, never said that.  All I said was I wouldn’t put his start to finish game in the same class as Diggs today for all 4 quarters.

So stop inventing new narratives I didn’t say.  

• Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dishonest?  Davis had a momentum and drive killing drop for what have been a first down.  Then he did it again, except the stat sheet won’t show it because a penalty eliminated the play.  

So, I wouldn’t put his game in the same category as Diggs, both his drops were bad.

And BTW, we had 2 TOs on passes to Diggs.  One was the all but game-ending fumble.  The other was the Punt-TD.  

Almost all of his passes were on 1st-Down.  He only had one 3rd-Down conversion, and that was on the drive that Davis scored on and also bailed us out of on a 1st-and-20 on the same drive.  

So it's quite debatable that Davis made more of an impact.  Either way, both showed up.  Suggesting otherwise is disingenuous.  

28 minutes ago, finn said:

Diggs is a bigger McKenzie: a choke player on an otherwise good offense.

Not a hot take to say the Bills would be better off without him. 

LMAO

That's ridiculous.  Look, I get that everyone likes Davis as a whipping boy, but at least set your biases aside when you evaluate him.  

See my two posts to Alphadawg7 on the next page.  

I can't believe that anyone would argue that Davis wasn't playing "with fire" as he put it.  

Diggs' two plays which ended in TOs were far more costly than anything that Davis did today.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Watch the replay.  Diggs has BOTH hands on the ball and then it's pulled away by the Jag DB.  Very easy to see.

I didn't see it that way.  And I'm inclined to give Diggs the benefit of the doubt; he's got great hands.

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

And BTW, we had 2 TOs on passes to Diggs.  One was the all but game-ending fumble.  The other was the Punt-TD.  

Almost all of his passes were on 1st-Down.  He only had one 3rd-Down conversion, and that was on the drive that Davis scored on and also bailed us out of on a 1st-and-20 on the same drive.  

So it's quite debatable that Davis made more of an impact.  Either way, both showed up.  Suggesting otherwise is disingenuous.  

The only thing disingenuous is this absurd argument that you created a narrative that I said Davis didn’t show up.  Dude learn to read posts correctly.  I said the only 3 that played with any fire seemed to be Alllen, Diggs, and AJE.  That doesn’t mean no one else showed up at all, but from beginning to end they had the most energy out there.  Davis slept walk the early parts of this game and didn’t have the same energy as those 3 from start to finish. 

Again, stop making up narratives that I didn’t say.  I never said Davis had a bad game, but he was not the same player on the first half as she was in the 2nd half, and he had 2 bad drops.  

So I’m not going to say he was wire to wire playing with the same intensity and focus as Allen, Diggs and AJE did.  That doesn’t mean none of them made mistakes, I said they seemed to have more fire in them today than some of the other guys.  

So relax, I haven’t said anything you’re implying about your beloved Davis.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t think Diggs ever had possession.

Diggs caught the ball and as they were going to the ground he grabs on and takes it away, generally the tie goes to the WR but we weren't getting any calls and they only showed us the angle were the fighting was completely blocked anyway.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The only thing disingenuous is this absurd argument that you created a narrative that I said Davis didn’t show up.  Dude learn to read posts correctly.  I said the only 3 that played with any fire seemed to be Alllen, Diggs, and AJE.  That doesn’t mean no one else showed up at all, but from beginning to end they had the most energy out there.  Davis slept walk the early parts of this game and didn’t have the same energy as those 3 from start to finish. 

Again, stop making up narratives that I didn’t say.  I never said Davis had a bad game, but he was not the same player on the first half as she was in the 2nd half, and he had 2 bad drops.  

So I’m not going to say he was wire to wire playing with the same intensity and focus as Allen, Diggs and AJE did.  That doesn’t mean none of them made mistakes, I said they seemed to have more fire in them today than some of the other guys.  

So relax, I haven’t said anything you’re implying about your beloved Davis.  

OK, "played with fire," it's still a ridiculous argument and funny how you entirely ignore the details, besides his TD and totals, on Diggs.  

See my response to finn a few posts above.  

Whatever.  

Your Davis hate precedes you.  

There's no one outside of Bills' circles that devalue Davis the way that some here do.  

Dude's heavily responsible for at least 14 of our points scored, but he sucks.  Yeah yeah, we all get it.  He's on pace for 1,100 & 17 TDs, but he sucks.  

Right!  Got it!  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Kincaid also dropped a ball.  We had a holding penalty, so it didn't matter, but still.  WTF do we drop catchable balls when we play the Jagoffs?  We should have run them off the pitch today.

We might have done just that if the Spurs had let us play on their pitch instead of making the lowly NFL players play on astroturf from the 90s.

54 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Disagree. That was a very late developing play.  Those are not the kind you hit the WR in stride for.  That pass & catch were exactly how that sort of play is supposed to work.

IMO Allen had a great game that was marred by dropped passes, penalties and the refusal of Dorsey to adjust to what the Jags were doing until to late in the game.

I don't think Dorsey adjusted to what the Jags were doing late in the game. I think their defense went into a softer bend don't break mode. 

As bad as the drops were, the bigger problem was the predicable paly design and refusal to run from under center.

Most of the first half was the same spread offense that just let them bracket the wide receivers and force Josh to dump down. 

The very few plays they went under center were wildly successful.

Not sure if they ran two consecutive plays from under center all game. 

The entirely of the run game consistent of flat footed delayed hand offs up the gut out of shotgun. 

Cook's strength is his speed, yet the Bills offense refused to run off tackle and stretch their defense horizontally with Cook's speed. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Knox cannot make the spectacular catch. It’s time to see if Kincaid can, because Knox is only catching balls wide open or on his feet. When was the last time Knox came down with a catch were he had to leave his feet?

If Knox had made that catch it would have been ridiculous, he may have been better served letting it go, trying to catch it almost made it available to pick. Not sure about that other one he didn't haul in looked like the guy tackled him early, not much you can do if the guy does that and gets his hands in the way.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

If Knox had made that catch it would have been ridiculous, he may have been better served letting it go, trying to catch it almost made it available to pick. Not sure about that other one he didn't haul in looked like the guy tackled him early, not much you can do if the guy does that and gets his hands in the way.

I think we would be better served throwing those passes to Kincaid. Knox should be in the Kincaid role. It’s crazy to think Allen’s friendship with Knox is capping Kincaid’s ceiling. Kincaid needs more targets and more dynamic routes.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Plenty of other factors from injuries to horrific refs that contributed to this loss, but we had 4 drives ended by dropped passes and that’s all in our control.  Would have been 5 too but a penalty negated the play.  

Cook, Knox, Diggs, Davis all dropped passes that killed our drives which would have been first downs, with Davis having a second drop for a first down erased off the stat sheet by a penalty.

Feels like the only people who showed up to play with any fire today was Allen, Diggs and AJE.  Milano and Daquan get a pass as they were hurt.

But the dropped passes in a game where refs were working against us were just killers.

I'd add Oliver and Bernard. Those two were very good. 

The rest... meh.

• Agree 3

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

I think we would be better served throwing those passes to Kincaid. Knox should be in the Kincaid role. It’s crazy to think Allen’s friendship with Knox is capping Kincaid’s ceiling. Kincaid needs more targets and more dynamic routes.

If Kincaid is in the same position as Knox for that ball it's just as ridiculous a catch it was way too damn high, Knox barely got his hand on it to get the ball to drop.

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

OK, "played with fire," it's still a ridiculous argument and funny how you entirely ignore the details, besides his TD and totals, on Diggs.  

See my response to finn a few posts above.  

Whatever.  

Your Davis hate precedes you.  

There's no one outside of Bills' circles that devalue Davis the way that some here do.  

Dude's heavily responsible for at least 14 of our points scored, but he sucks.  Yeah yeah, we all get it.  He's on pace for 1,100 & 17 TDs, but he sucks.  

Right!  Got it!  

What are you drunk or something?  I’ve not done anything here negative to Davis other than point out his drops like I did everyone else who had drops that were hurting the offense in the first half.

You turned this into some Davis thread, not me.

Again, stop making up narratives.  Told you like 10 times I didn’t say what you keep trying make this say.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Plenty of other factors from injuries to horrific refs that contributed to this loss, but we had 4 drives ended by dropped passes and that’s all in our control.  Would have been 5 too but a penalty negated the play.  

Cook, Knox, Diggs, Davis all dropped passes that killed our drives which would have been first downs, with Davis having a second drop for a first down erased off the stat sheet by a penalty.

Feels like the only people who showed up to play with any fire today was Allen, Diggs and AJE.  Milano and Daquan get a pass as they were hurt.

But the dropped passes in a game where refs were working against us were just killers.

Davis had a great game, but when you can’t acknowledge he’s good you won’t give him credit. They couldn’t run the ball, they made countless penalties that extended drives and they insisted on putting Elam, in single coverage on their best receiver and he got burnt every time. The drops are part of the game but Dorsey kept running screens that got stuffed and those imbecilic sprint draws that got nothing. Instead of blaming  the drops, checkout the rush yards, amount of penalties and time of possession disparity  plus no Milano, Jones.

If Kincaid is in the same position as Knox for that ball it's just as ridiculous a catch it was way too damn high, Knox barely got his hand on it to get the ball to drop.

Kincaid was an All-State basketball player. He has more skills and better hands. I applaud Knox for improving his hands from 2019, but he has proven time and again he doesn’t make those catches. Watch KC. Kelce makes those catches. He is also quicker and more agile, always finds a way to get open. We need Kincaid to try those routes to find out if he can.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you drunk or something?  I’ve not done anything here negative to Davis other than point out his drops like I did everyone else who had drops that were hurting the offense in the first half.

You turned this into some Davis thread, not me.

Again, stop making up narratives.  Told you like 10 times I didn’t say what you keep trying make this say.  

You excluded Davis from having "played with fire" or however you defined it, then argued with me when I pointed out that he had a great game and actually contributed more to scoring than anyone else on the team today, and frankly, all season.  Besides Allen that is.  

"Played with fire," not showing up, ... semantics.  

Davis posted a very solid game without contributing to any TOs.  That's more than can be said for any other player on offense today.  

Let's call this.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good point.  Oliver might actually may have started with too much fire actually with those early penalties 

The first one I am happy to look again but I can't see it. He was around TLaw's waist. Either they called it on the wrong person or it was a phantom penalty. Again right under my nose in that endzone. Maybe I will see it when I watch back.

The 2nd one was RTP but he was just trying to make a play. I will never kill a DT for that penalty there. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

You excluded Davis from having "played with fire" or however you defined it, then argued with me when I pointed out that he had a great game and actually contributed more to scoring than anyone else on the team today, and frankly, all season.  Besides Allen that is.  

"Played with fire," not showing up, ... semantics.  

Davis posted a very solid game without contributing to any TOs.  That's more than can be said for any other player on offense today.  

Let's call this.  

No I argued that I didn’t once say what you claimed I was saying.  And I defended leaving him off playing with fire from start to finish today because his first half wasn’t the same as his second half.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The first one I am happy to look again but I can't see it. He was around TLaw's waist. Either they called it on the wrong person or it was a phantom penalty. Again right under my nose in that endzone. Maybe I will see it when I watch back.

The 2nd one was RTP but he was just trying to make a play. I will never kill a DT for that penalty there. 

Easily the worst game Refs of any game this season and maybe one of the worst I’ve ever seen

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Kincaid was an All-State basketball player. He has more skills and better hands. I applaud Knox for improving his hands from 2019, but he has proven time and again he doesn’t make those catches. Watch KC. Kelce makes those catches. He is also quicker and more agile, always finds a way to get open. We need Kincaid to try those routes to find out if he can.

Right must have had a fever dream when I thought Knox caught that Josh Allen throwaway against New England in the playoffs. Just say you want us to use Kincaid more, don't use a play where he'd have to make a ridiculous career highlight reel level catch because of an off pass as proof that Knox doesn't have it and Kincaid would automatically succeed.

• Like (+1) 1

Davis makes big plays, and also makes critical drops.  Been his M.O. for years now.  Both happened today.  Gabe makes for a great WR3, but you need more reliability out of a WR2.

Gabe does not suck, and did not suck today.  However, he still had a painful drop on an easy pass that killed a critical drive.  That's a fact, not an opinion, and I'm tired of people trying to give him a pass on his drops just b/c of the good he does otherwise.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

How was the second one RTP?

How was the second one RTP?

Great question. He more or less clotheslined him as far as I could tell and that isn’t really a penalty. Terrible replays on the dozen controversial calls today. The OPI in Kincaid was trash. As was the personal foul on Poyer on a tipped pass.

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

His underthrow to Diggs on that deep shot was a guaranteed TD and cost them 7 points as they ended up punting on that drive. The key play in the game and it essentially cost them the win. Allen was not good today until it was too late.

not sure why the disagreement.  Allen was off.   Likely tired as he admitted on Friday.  The Bills FO messed up the travel schedule.  

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No I argued that I didn’t once say what you claimed I was saying.  And I defended leaving him off playing with fire from start to finish today because his first half wasn’t the same as his second half.

Here's what I'm talking about. 

2nd Half:  (which you just cliamed)  

Diggs:  4 catches for 82 yards with 0 TDs 

62 of those yards on non-scoring drives having nothing to do with Davis.  One 1st-Down otherwise.  

Davis:  3 catches for 72 yards and 1 TD 

Davis had 43 of the 75 net yards on our scoring drive while catching the TD to pull us within 5.  

AFTER THAT, Diggs fumbled the ball on his only catch, and Davis added 29 yards on 1st-and-10 to set up Allen's TD run, ... after our marvelous D gave up 75 yards, featuring 43 yards by Etienne up-the-middle, to put the Jags up by 12.  Davis 29-yard catch on the next drive set up Allen's TD run.  

So again, spin away, but there's no way on earth that Diggs outplayed Davis in the 2nd half.  In fact, had Diggs done what Davis did in the 2nd half, we'd have won.  

I'm far from trying to implicate Diggs here, but your original point was exactly this; 

Feels like the only people who showed up to play with any fire today was Allen, Diggs and AJE.

... which is nonsense without Davis in there.  But then arguing as you have, ... SMH  

And for the love of football, why all the outright hate for Davis, a player that has 4 TDs on the season and numerous 1st-Downs contributing to other scores and keeping drives alive, typically on deep throws on "... and long's."  

SMH  

Honestly, time for another whipping boy.  

Meanwhile, in allowing nearly 500 yards, actual yards, not penalty yards, McD gets a pass and everyone considers his D better than Frazier's despite his giving up well  over 100 more YPG than Frazier ever did through five games in either of his last two seasons here.  

It's mystefying.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Here's what I'm talking about. 

2nd Half:  (which you just cliamed)  

Diggs:  4 catches for 82 yards with 0 TDs 

62 of those yards on non-scoring drives having nothing to do with Davis.  One 1st-Down otherwise.  

Davis:  3 catches for 72 yards and 1 TD 

Davis had 43 of the 75 net yards on our scoring drive while catching the TD to pull us within 5.  

AFTER THAT, Diggs fumbled the ball on his only catch, and Davis added 29 yards on 1st-and-10 to set up Allen's TD run, ... after our marvelous D gave up 75 yards, featuring 43 yards by Etienne up-the-middle, to put the Jags up by 12.  Davis 29-yard catch on the next drive set up Allen's TD run.  

So again, spin away, but there's no way on earth that Diggs outplayed Davis in the 2nd half.  In fact, had Diggs done what Davis did in the 2nd half, we'd have won.  

I'm far from trying to implicate Diggs here, but your original point was exactly this; 

... which is nonsense without Davis in there.  But then arguing as you have, ... SMH  

And for the love of football, why all the outright hate for Davis, a player that has 4 TDs on the season and numerous 1st-Downs contributing to other scores and keeping drives alive, typically on deep throws on "... and long's."  

SMH  

Honestly, time for another whipping boy.  

Meanwhile, in allowing nearly 500 yards, actual yards, not penalty yards, McD gets a pass and everyone considers his D better than Frazier's despite his giving up well  over 100 more YPG than Frazier ever did through five games in either of his last two seasons here.  

It's mystefying.  

Still trying to say that I said something that I didn’t.  I dont really know how many more ways to tell you to stop making your own narratives about what I actually said.  

Maybe go start a Davis thread as that is all you’re obsessed with making this thread about even though it’s not.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I don’t think Diggs ever had possession.

Could have gotten Calvin Ridley for nothing this offseason.

He had the initial catch with the DB also putting his hands on the ball.  It was 50/50 all the way to the ground where Diggs then lost it.  They already on the ground. 50/50 balls goto the offense. But whatever.  They didn't want to show any replays because the NFL is mad that people are calling them out on their BS so they tell networks to not air them.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.