On to the JAGS

TFBillsfan

I feel like the team wouldn't have Von flying to London if they didn't plan to have him active.

It just seems like a lot to put a veteran through, body clock and travel wise, if your main goal is to be getting him back to full health for some future date.

Have to think that if he travels with the team, he'll suit up. How many snaps he plays is another story.

• Agree 4

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

I feel like the team wouldn't have Von flying to London if they didn't plan to have him active.

It just seems like a lot to put a veteran through, body clock and travel wise, if your main goal is to be getting him back to full health for some future date.

Have to think that if he travels with the team, he'll suit up. How many snaps he plays is another story.

Yeah, I would think they will give him limited snaps just so he can get back into football shape.

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

40% of the snaps

4 sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles, Fumble Recovery, Touchdown! & then in the 2nd half….

Because why not?!?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

He was cleared a week before the season started so it's not like they've been rushing him back.

Practicing against air versus a NFL professional in a real game after a lite two days of practice doesn’t make sense IMO. I’m sure he’s wanting to play but I don’t see the need to put him into action this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

Seeing the injury report, two straight DNP's for Rousseau....doesn't sound like he will be playing.

Poyer listed as a Full participant in practice...sounds good for him.

Von with two straight Limited practices.....is this enough, coupled with Rousseau's foot injury, for Von to see some playing time??

2 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Rousseau has a foot bruise. It will be a game time decision but I bet he plays. They are giving him extra time to rest it. I’d rather not see Von out there but maybe he and Groot split snaps if Groot plays.

Is it confirmed a foot bruise?

Total speculation here, but Matt Barkleys wife is posting Instagram stories from the UK. Is it possible they're gonna re sign Barkley to the practice squad? Wouldn't shock me. Believe he's eligible to be re signed after 4 weeks, which woukd be now 

54 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Total speculation here, but Matt Barkleys wife is posting Instagram stories from the UK. Is it possible they're gonna re sign Barkley to the practice squad? Wouldn't shock me. Believe he's eligible to be re signed after 4 weeks, which woukd be now 

Could very well be. Could be that they planned to go and already had the tickets to fly and decided "why not". The chance to hang with friends in London would be something they likely looked forward to. Time will tell, for sure.

2 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

I remember watching this pass. Josh is getting snowed under, and suddenly the ball emerges like it was shot out of a mortar. 

That was truly an unbelievable throw. 

I cheered the Josh pick from the beginning (I have witnesses to prove it haha). But this throw was when I first knew this dude was special. It's still in his top 5 highlights in his career. Absolutely amazing.

On 10/4/2023 at 12:41 PM, WideNine said:

Yup. 

Those folks can drink. I have worked with plenty of folks from Ireland (company had sites there) and with Germans from Leverkusen.

Thought I could hold my own 😅. Not so much, they can drink beer (and wine) like it is water.

Yeah they can.  I lived in England for some time.  When got there, three or four pints would do me in.  By the time I moved back home, I could drink a 5th of Jim Beam in a day and still walk, which is not a good thing.  I most certainly cannot do that now, thank god.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

I remember watching this pass. Josh is getting snowed under, and suddenly the ball emerges like it was shot out of a mortar. 

That was truly an unbelievable throw. 

I remember this timeframe as the ‘Josh is the one’ era.  The minny jump game as well.  We had found a truly special QB. So happy!

Edited by AlfaBill
  • Like (+1) 1

From the above posts, it looks like the Jags are all comfy and adjusted to London, while the Bills are getting there at 6:30 in the moring when they normally would go to sleep. Great. And we are supposed to be the home team with an advantage??

Also, anyone know where the above Jaguars practice field is? It's definitely not London. Looks like is in the middle of nowhere. And which one is Press Taylor?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, chongli said:

From the above posts, it looks like the Jags are all comfy and adjusted to London, while the Bills are getting there at 6:30 in the moring when they normally would go to sleep. Great. And we are supposed to be the home team with an advantage??

Also, anyone know where the above Jaguars practice field is? It's definitely not London. Looks like is in the middle of nowhere. And which one is Press Taylor?

That’s quite the observation 

One good thing about giving up this home game is there's an 80% chance of rain with 20mph winds (45mph gusts) in Orchard Park on Sunday.  I'm not sure if it's been discussed but was there any thought about making the new Bills stadium a dome?

• Haha (+1) 5

5 key matchups for Buffalo Bills vs. Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 5

buffalowdown -5 key matchups

2.) Bills’ Josh Allen vs. Jaguars’ Josh Allen

slf2g9ty8wiw8slhpxla

After his bad outing in Week 1 against the New York Jets, Bills’ quarterback Josh Allen has looked like the MVP of the league through three weeks and made a statement himself by putting up 48 points on the Miami Dolphins, with 5 total touchdowns.

He is playing his best football and Bills fans are hoping that this continues. While he has faced players like Maxx Crosby, Chase Young, Montez Sweat and even Christian Wilkins, he now faces the other Josh Allen in the league in which the last time these two faced off, it was the Jacksonville Allen that had Buffalo Allen’s number. 

In the 9-6 Jacksonville win over Buffalo in 2021, edge rusher Josh Allen recorded 8 tackles that included a sack and interception on the other Allen. Through four games this season, Allen has 6 sacks and leads the team in tackles for a loss.

This matchup between the quarterback and edge rusher will be a key matchup for fans as whoever makes more plays, may be the reason why their respective team wins.

1.) Sean McDermott vs. Doug Pederson

Bills-X-bold-predictions-for-Week-5-game

The battle of two head coaches who are in control of their respective franchises will be facing off for the second time in their careers. When Doug Pederson was the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles in 2019, he led the Eagles to a 31-13 dominant win over Sean McDermott and the Bills.

While McDermott is a defensive minded coach, Pederson puts his focus on the offense which is part of the reason why Trevor Lawrence looked like a successful quarterback last season as compared to his rookie season with Urban Meyer. 

Pederson is not a Mike McDaniel or Kyle Shanahan type of offensive coach, but he knows how to get the best out of his players who play for him. He knows how to support his players, and can come up with unique offensive schemes to put his players in the best position possible.

McDermott will be tasked as the defensive play caller to cause havoc for Lawrence and cause confusion for Pederson. Play calling in this game will be important through all four quarters.

JAX vs  BUF

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

14 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I feel like there's a small percentage of American fans that watch London games outside of the two teams that're playing fan bases. Last one I or any of my friends or family watched was the EJ game. Only time I know they're on is when watching the pregame shows at noon and they show highlights. 

if there's no Bills home game (like there was last week) then I watch it, as do most of my sports loving friends. What else are people doing at 930 on a sunday morning? To me there is just no reason NOT to have the game on, just like a thursday night game. Its still football. 

Tough to judge based on ratings because they have toyed around with different streaming services for sunday games, and when it is on network, the numbers do not include home markets. Dont know much but I know the NFL loves money and they are obviously making money by having this as a 930et game. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

if there's no Bills home game (like there was last week) then I watch it, as do most of my sports loving friends. What else are people doing at 930 on a sunday morning? To me there is just no reason NOT to have the game on, just like a thursday night game. Its still football. 

Tough to judge based on ratings because they have toyed around with different streaming services for sunday games, and when it is on network, the numbers do not include home markets. Dont know much but I know the NFL loves money and they are obviously making money by having this as a 930et game. 

Church. Sleeping from partying the night before. Tailgating at the stadium. Watching kids shows with kids. Brother and our friends have multiple sports leagues that play Sunday morning.  Shopping. Grilling/cooking food for bills game(pregame on radio is on) Sunday morning is by far my busiest morning of the week as everything needs to be done by noon. Church and the supermarkets are packed. 

Highly doubt people are waking up at 6 am on the West Coast to watch the jags play. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Church. Sleeping from partying the night before. Tailgating at the stadium. Watching kids shows with kids. Brother and our friends have multiple sports leagues that play Sunday morning.  Shopping. Grilling/cooking food for bills game(pregame on radio is on) Sunday morning is by far my busiest morning of the week as everything needs to be done by noon. Church and the supermarkets are packed. 

sounds awful (minus tailgating). but to each their own. 

I got two toddlers, were up and chored by the time 930 football is on. 

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

You three prob doubled the tv audience outside of the markets that're playing. 

ESPN isnt releasing viewership numbers (other streaming services have also done so in the past) for this seasons London games, but there have been between 2.5-5.5 million viewers for the london games (does NOT include home market numbers). So....some people are watching. 

Also...the toddlers dont watch lol. Mom takes them outside to play on sundays like a woman should.

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1