On to the JAGS

TFBillsfan

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

It’s all great, and a good sign for sure.   but again, you don’t want to peak at Game #4.  In this golden era that the Bills are in as an organization, they’ve never won an AFC championship or had the #1 seed.  Gotta get this train really rolling in Dec/Jan. 

I don't think they are peaking...I think they can get better.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 10/3/2023 at 9:52 AM, Bob Jones said:

Just spitballing it...I would have thought they'd go over Sunday night or first thing Monday morning. More time to adjust for tme difference. Maybe they had no place to set up shop and practice Tues-Sat?

Kinda my thoughts.

I lived in Europe for 7 years. The 6 hour difference does mess with your clock.

I figured they would leave on Monday,  Tuesday at the latest.

• Like (+1) 1

I was just watching the Buffalo Plus guys from London and they talk about the difference between last time the Bills went over in 2015 and now. Bak then it was almost a promo tour to show off the team, attend events etc. This year it's just being treated as a business trip. They're jumping in, playing the game, then jumping back.

It's funny to think of how different this franchise is since 2015. 8 years but could be decades when you look at all the changes since then. In fact, I'm going to post the highlights of that game just so we can think about how lucky we are now. Good things come to those who wait (17 years)

Man, those Jags helmets were ugly

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Apologies if we've had this

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know what these scores mean. Obviously 92 is good but 100 PFF score? Where does that come from?

It's a good question what each individual service's scores mean.  There's some explanation on the graphic that they scaled the scores from each service from 0 to 100, so 100 would mean it was the best score and all scores are ratioed using it as a denominator x 100 (at least, that's what I would do if I were doing it).

I think the point isn't the score per se, since we agree we don't know what each individual score means, but that 3 different sports rating systems are all giving the Bills good ratings for pass and for run blocking.

And considering my concerns about Spencer Brown going into the season, I find that positive, even if I don't know the weedy details about what went into each score.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Process said:

You realize he will be 3-4x the price?

22 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Maybe if Jags Josh Allen was having a down year he may be in the Bills price range. But after his 12.5 sack rookie year he struggled the next 3 seasons but is now having a breakout with 6 sacks in 4 games. Assuming he stays healthy and keeps up a decent production pace he will be commanding a big salary that is not in the budget for a cap-strapped Bills. 

You both forget that Beane is a wizard.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

London isn't six hours, this time of year it's five.

Not that big of a deal for a 3.5 hour effort.

49 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Kinda my thoughts.

I figured they would leave on Monday,  Tuesday at the latest.

The body clock disadvantage bothers me.  The Bills lose a home game, play the Jags on a neutral field, and Jax gets 10+ days to have their internal clocks fully adjusted to UK time.  Let’s face it, every year media and teams make a big deal about West coast teams going East and the disadvantage.  That’s only 3 hours ahead. How about 5 hours ahead?!?  advantage Jags

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The body clock disadvantage bothers me.  The Bills lose a home game, play the Jags on a neutral field, and Jax gets 10+ days to have their internal clocks fully adjusted to UK time.  Let’s face it, every year media and teams make a big deal about West coast teams going East and the disadvantage.  That’s only 3 hours ahead. How about 5 hours ahead?!?  advantage Jags

On a body clock basis, the Bills are starting at 9:30.

That is 3.5 hours early.

Grossly overrated, in my humble view.

Airline people do it every day, hundreds of times. They are not competing for 3.5 hours, but the first fifteen are pretty intense, and they don't get two days before to adjust.

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Miller back at practice

And so it begins

The Bills have the best sack average versus pass attempts.  Already rolling deep.  8 DL making plays- all 8 are balling!

Fresh. And more Fresh.  No Oline will have the stamina to deal with Bills sending wave after wave of fearsome pass rushers.

Adding Von is just cruelty to the rest of the NFL. I know you hear us banging Mahomes.   We are about kick down the door and stampede

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Apologies if we've had this

Oh how the pats miss Scarnecchia.

I can’t believe a team had a worse rating than the NYG offensive line.  3 weeks away from that beatdown.  Giants in 2.  I think it’s going to be fun 

Edited by NewEra

25 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I guess the Jags run the most screens of any team. Little concerned with that, as it seems like our D seems to get fooled by screens (and jet sweeps) with sometimes too much over pursuit. 

The commanders mowed over the Broncos with screens the week before facing us and I was nervous about that all week too fwiw

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 3