On to the JAGS

TFBillsfan

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I remember every one of those games -- and listening to the playoff game on the freaking radio. 

Don't forget this one, where TO had the 98 yard TD reception: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200911220jax.htm. Jax won in the last minute.

oh geez. I totally forgot about that 2009 game. The TO catch is memorable. But looking at that box score, what a forgettable team that was. 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The Flutie game is a nice memory. I will be choosing that game in my "upcoming opponents where we are playing them" game videos I post every Saturday. But all those other games are absolutely brutal. And things I would love to erase from memory. I remember just being speechless in a bad way on that season opening loss in 04. That was ridiculous. And the Urban Meyer game in 2021 probably being the worst

that 2004 loss will live with me forever. I screamed when Wilford caught the TD to win the game, and it caused my newborn nephew to burst into tears. He is now 19 years old, and I tell him that story! 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

I just popped over to Finheaven, and I learned some interesting things. 

1. Last week was the BIlls Superbowl because we wanted revenge for them almost beating us in the playoffs
  2. We are about to go on a losing streak starting with a loss in London while the Fins won't lose another game.

I'm so relieved that I have my Sundays free. On a serious note; how in the heck are they more confident after getting whupped than we are after a huge win? Also, get ready for the media to jump fully aboard the Fins bandwagon again because they play the Giants and Panthers at home in the oven over the next two weeks. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Must win game to keep the momentum going. Can’t afford a slip up here to an inferior opponent. 

This feels like in men's tennis when a player gets a break they have to hold on their next service game to consolidate the break. 

Just popped over to the Jags board, and all they are talking about is the 9-6 game in 2021.

I blame the last Jags game loss on Daboll and Daryl Williams. Williams got beat nonstop. The Jags were in Allen's lap the entire game.

I blame Daboll, because he had zero flexibility to adjust. Maybe some running plays? Maybe some quick passes that don't take forever to develop? No? Just let your QB stand back there and get killed when it is obvious the offensive line can't pass protect that day?

Both of those guys are gone, so feeling better about this one being a W.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

I blame the last Jags game loss on Daboll and Daryl Williams. Williams got beat nonstop. The Jags were in Allen's lap the entire game.

I blame Daboll, because he had zero flexibility to adjust. Maybe some running plays? Maybe some quick passes that don't take forever to develop? No? Just let your QB stand back there and get killed when it is obvious the offensive line can't pass protect that day?

Both of those guys are gone, so feeling better about this one being a W.

Wasn't Dion sick or hurt in that game so we had to start Spencer Brown at left tackle and didn't we have depth players playing guard? I seem to recall our offensive line played downright offensively that game.

7 minutes ago, uninja said:

Wasn't Dion sick or hurt in that game so we had to start Spencer Brown at left tackle and didn't we have depth players playing guard? I seem to recall our offensive line played downright offensively that game.

Looking at the snap counts, it was Dion Dawkins and Williams at the OTs and Cody Ford and Ike at the OGs and Morse at C for 100% of the snaps. Spencer Brown didn't see the field that game.

10 minutes ago, uninja said:

I remember Williams was supposed to be playing RG, but had to kick out to RT for some reason with terrible results. There was some sort of injury situation.

20 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

This feels like in men's tennis when a player gets a break they have to hold on their next service game to consolidate the break. 

Just popped over to the Jags board, and all they are talking about is the 9-6 game in 2021.

Absolutely! Or in golf following a birdie with a double bogey. Yeah if they lose to the Jags again it would be as inexplicable as that 9-6 loss.

26 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

the 9-6 game in 2021– those were the glory days for them, huh? 

also, I can’t even believe there is a jags fan board. 

50 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I just popped over to Finheaven, and I learned some interesting things. 

1. Last week was the BIlls Superbowl because we wanted revenge for them almost beating us in the playoffs
  2. We are about to go on a losing streak starting with a loss in London while the Fins won't lose another game.

I'm so relieved that I have my Sundays free. On a serious note; how in the heck are they more confident after getting whupped than we are after a huge win? Also, get ready for the media to jump fully aboard the Fins bandwagon again because they play the Giants and Panthers at home in the oven over the next two weeks. 

This is especially rich given their talking points before the game.