Odd scheduling note…

eball

…after Sunday the Bills only have two 1 p.m. Sunday games remaining on the schedule…both matchups with the Pats*** (which is funny in itself).

That’s remarkable; look how our Bills are all growns up.  When the schedule came out and it was talked about how they only had five early Sunday games all year it didn’t sound as significant…but playing three of them in the first four weeks brings it home.  We’re a national draw from here on out.

Go Bills!  Squish the Fish!

19 and 1, Babyyyyyyyyy!!!

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

HATE IT!!!!!

Sunday 1 pm is perfect 

Agree 100% but for selfish reasons.  Where I live it's 7 hours later than Western NY so the 1PM games come on comfortably at 8PM.  

The prime time games happen in the middle of the night so I watch them on DVR in the morning.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

3 week August break? What is this?

Many groups I work with in Europe get a three week holiday during either the end of July or the 1st three weeks of August.    I guess its mainly France and Italy, but I've had groups in UK, Ireland, and Switzerland all use the same excuse as to why we cant conduct business during that time period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I have complained about this consistently.  Luckily though they did not saddle the Bills with night games at home or other cold weather cities in late November/December, which they do too often.

Nothing worse then having to look at weather reports in November-January particularly late day games.  

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Many groups I work with in Europe get a three week holiday during either the end of July or the 1st three weeks of August.    I guess its mainly France and Italy, but I've had groups in UK, Ireland, and Switzerland all use the same excuse as to why we cant conduct business during that time period.

Nah there is no standard holiday in the UK. It is generally quiet mid July to end of August because the schools close so that is when most families take their holiday during that period. 

But I don't have kids... so my holidays are normally a week in March for the Cheltenhan horse racing festival, Ibiza for 10 days at the end of June / start of July and then this week when I go somewhere in Europe that I have never been before. And then lots of random days through the year for Bills games ha.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

me trying to stay up to watch the night time games.

sleepy-tired.gif

I'm guessing from your handle and your post your in the same vintage boomer age group as me. We can't start watching a movie after 8:30pm without falling asleep on the sofa halfway through it.  Afternoon naps are a fairly regular part of the day, especially when Bills play at night.

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, I prefer the 1pm games.  I hate waiting all that extra time to watch our team.  It's pretty cool though that we have the team that people want to watch.  As much as people sit and complain about our team here, we wouldn't be in these time slots if we weren't good and what people want to watch.

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's nice to have a relevant team again but I hate all of these late starts....1pm Sunday is the best time slot for Bills football 

Agree..have to wake up at 2:30 AM to watch them, but haven't missed any in 12 years ! Go Bills !

• Awesome! (+1) 4

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's nice to have a relevant team again but I hate all of these late starts....1pm Sunday is the best time slot for Bills football 

agreed. Predictable times are a blessing and early Sunday is by far the least impactful on the work week. 

8 minutes ago, Irv said:

100%.  Last two night games got home to Rochester at 3AM and 4AM.  Never again.  

roll those on Monday or Thursday and it blows up two business days. At least Sunday is free pre game 

• Like (+1) 2

Enjoying the R-E-S-P-E-C-T..

When you look at the schedule, there are so many potential game of the week games for the Bills

@Jets

@Chiefs

@Mia

@Eagles

@Bengals

Mia

Dal

Maybe if they get their sh!t together

@Chargers

This was exactly the reason I didn't sign up for the NFL Sunday Ticket for the first time in 25 years.  There will only be a small handful of games not shown locally (in Atlanta), and for the few that aren't shown, there's streaming, Bills Backers bar, or watching once the live game commences, immediately after it's rebroadcast with NFL+ subscription.  

Last week did I some other things at 1pm, avoided hearing the scores, and started watching the Bills/Commodes game at 4:10 with NFL+ app. 

First time doing that. Was pleased that it zipped right along skipping prolonged commercial breaks.  The only real down side was missing the ongoing action at 1pm and then relaxing with another game at 4:30.  But, I don't normally dedicate an entire day to watching anyway.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah there is no standard holiday in the UK. It is generally quiet mid July to end of August because the schools close so that is when most families take their holiday during that period. 

But I don't have kids... so my holidays are normally a week in March for the Cheltenhan horse racing festival, Ibiza for 10 days at the end of June / start of July and then this week when I go somewhere in Europe that I have never been before. And then lots of random days through the year for Bills games ha.

off my face don't where i am, because im in Ibiza with GunnerBills man.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, eball said:

That’s remarkable; look how our Bills are all growns up.  When the schedule came out and it was talked about how they only had five early Sunday games all year it didn’t sound as significant…but playing three of them in the first four weeks brings it home.  

I wistfully long for the days when the Bills flew under the radar ( to no where in particular), there was no stress of performing on the national state, my schedule was very predictable with all noon games (save for the obligatory Thursday night football game). 

I hope to tell my grandchildren about those days as they wouldn't have a clue what a loser Bills team feels like 

2 hours ago, eball said:

…after Sunday the Bills only have two 1 p.m. Sunday games remaining on the schedule…both matchups with the Pats*** (which is funny in itself).

That’s remarkable; look how our Bills are all growns up.  When the schedule came out and it was talked about how they only had five early Sunday games all year it didn’t sound as significant…but playing three of them in the first four weeks brings it home.  We’re a national draw from here on out.

Go Bills!  Squish the Fish!

19 and 1, Babyyyyyyyyy!!!

Yeah I remember posting something about between the Oct 1st game against the Fins coming up and the Dec 31st game, we only have 2 1pm kickoffs...that is CRAZY to think about.  

36 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I'm guessing from your handle and your post your in the same vintage boomer age group as me. We can't start watching a movie after 8:30pm without falling asleep on the sofa halfway through it.  Afternoon naps are a fairly regular part of the day, especially when Bills play at night.

boomer I am. 62. I don't even make it until 8:30, lol

afternoon naps are essential.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Agree..have to wake up at 2:30 AM to watch them, but haven't missed any in 12 years ! Go Bills !

On a similar note, I will be waking up at 3:30 am over the next several weeks to see the World Cup cricket matches so my productivity at work is going to take a dip (sssshhh). Too much sports, too little time. I wish I could retire as there is so much to do outside of work ! 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Basically every prime time game is a day's annual leave I burn to watch the Bills. 

I fail to see the problem with this. If you aren’t willing to go the extra mile, why should Josh?  It’s all on your shoulders.  

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

HATE IT!!!!!

Sunday 1 pm is perfect 

Me too.. I like my Sunday football. 

But I also get up at 3am for work so any prime time game screws my sleep patterns up...

1 minute ago, eball said:

To hear some of you whine, you'd rather the Bills be mediocre again so you can enjoy your 1 pm Sunday games.  Geesh.

No we just want the best of both worlds

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

This schedule is the exact reason why I chose not to get Sunday Ticket for the first time in 20 years. 

I was tempted to do the same, but I decided to splurge anyway. I figured that on days when the Bills are on prime time or late Sunday afternoon, at least I can choose which early game to watch.

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I was tempted to do the same, but I decided to splurge anyway. I figured that on days when the Bills are on prime time or late Sunday afternoon, at least I can choose which early game to watch.

If the Bills aren't playing, just being able to do the 2, 3, or 4 game multiview makes it worth it for me.

• Like (+1) 1

Next week vs. Jax I was excited for a morning start and then realized it is Canadian Thanksgiving and driving to MIL's for noon (90 minute drive).  Now will maybe watch the first half and tape the rest (or stay pre-occupied the morning), ignore all other Sunday games and watch when back around 6:00. 

Was so looking forward to it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.