How many points will the Fish score this week?

eball

How many points will the Fish score this week?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Tua & Company’s total points vs. Bills in W4

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I went with 21-30. That offense is really explosive. However I think a few things combine not slow it this week.

1. Defensively, we are better then Denver.

2. McDermott always has something cooked up in these situations.

3. The crowd noise may factor in.

4. I think we see an emphasis of running this week to shorten the game and limit Miami's possessions. 

40 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Just to elaborate on #1...  Not only do we have more talent on defense.  But our defenders have more pride and fight in them.  

It can not be overstated just how poor Denver's defense played yesterday. Sure, Miami is fast and talented, but that score was way more on the Broncos laying down than on Miami achieving anything.

Denver gave up 3 big plays - 54yd TD Pass to Hill, and then in garbage time a 68yd TD Pass to Chosen, and 67yd TD Run by Achane. All with a LOT of missed and broken tackles.

That's 21 points and 189 yds.

If Denver doesnt completely roll over like a sad sack of garbage, they lose by a more normal score of 49-20 and Miami has 540 yds.

Still a blowout, but more inline with the Bills and Chiefs results.

Miami is a good team, right up there with the Bills and Chiefs, no doubt. But they arent twice as good, and we shouldnt be scared of them.

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Im saying if they score 21 we probably win, 30 we probably lose

I think they could score 31 and we could win with 34, but I 100% get what you're saying.

• Like (+1) 3

35-28 Buffalo.  

The Chargers defense stinks.

The Patriots have a decent defense and Miami scored 26.

The Broncos are a train wreck.

The Bills have a top defense only allowing 11.7 pts/game.

The Bills are #2 in the NFL thru 3 games at just over 30 pts per game with Miami above at 43.

The fish haven’t faced a defense like the Bills.  In addition, the phone defense is not good.

We’re going to win this game.  It will be close with lead changes, but I BILLIEVE!

7 hours ago, eball said:

Just curious what people are thinking going into Miami week against Tua and the video game offense.

Eman, you should edit youre poll to include what do we predict we will score against that lackluster Miami defense.

I wrote 21-30 for Miami, but I predict Buffalo will be 31-26.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It can not be overstated just how poor Denver's defense played yesterday. Sure, Miami is fast and talented, but that score was way more on the Broncos laying down than on Miami achieving anything.

Denver gave up 3 big plays - 54yd TD Pass to Hill, and then in garbage time a 68yd TD Pass to Chosen, and 67yd TD Run by Achane. All with a LOT of missed and broken tackles.

If Denver doesnt completely roll over like a sad sack of garbage, they lose by a more normal score of 49-20 and Miami has 540 yds.

Miami is a good team, right up there with the Bills and Chiefs, no doubt. But they arent twice as good, and we shouldnt be scared of them.

I think they could score 31 and we could win with 34, but I 100% get what you're saying.

Agree about Denver rolling over. Not 100% sure it is accurate but I have seen the Broncos were "credited" with TWENTY FOUR missed tackles yesterday alone. That's rolling over to a whole new level. 

Miami is good, as you say. They are also beatable. I have confidence that McDermott will keep the pass game reasonably contained. They will get their yards and scores...but I don't see any 65+ yard pass plays. I do think we are a bit more vulnerable to a long run play. Just a small crack and 1 guy out of place and BOTH their RBs are fast enough to be gone. 

Can't wait to see how this plays out 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I went with 21-30. They aren't going to have it as easy as Denver. I just have this feeling in the back of my mind though... I've seen a lot of hyped up games that should be high scoring only to see something like a final score of 23-17 or 17-10 or something defensively instead.

Edited by Scott7975

They scored 34 on the Chargers, 24 on the Pats, and 70 on Denver. The 70 against Denver does not mean they have turned into some super power that no one can stop. I believe the typical Dolphins team you will see resides in that 24-34 range. Our defense is better than both the Pats and the Chargers (who held them to lesser outputs). I think we keep them in the 21-30 range and that our offense has no problem moving against their defense either. Hopefully we can get some early pressure, knocking Tua around a bit, and have him seeing ghosts in the pocket the rest of the game. 

On 9/25/2023 at 2:55 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

They also got two turnovers in Denver territory that were on the 3 yard line and the 8 yard line.

• Like (+1) 1

Last year, the McDaniels offense scored 21, 29 and 31 points against us.

No, they didn't have Tua in the playoff game.  But we also gifted them 3 turnovers, and a touchdown off a fumble return.

We were also missing Micah Hyde for all three games, Tre White and Jordan Poyer for one, Von Miller for two, amongst others.

The Sean McDermott defense has always been about confusing the QB and preventing the big play.  And with the Dolphins posting 70 last week, I'm sure that will be an even bigger focus than usual.  Speed becomes less of a factor in the Red Zone.  They will be OK allowing some yards, as long as we keep them out of the endzone.  Honestly, I would be shocked if the Bills defense gets totally destroyed this week.  I'm very confident we can hold them under 35, pretty confident we can hold them under 30, and wouldn't be totally surprised if it's under 25.

McDaniel will have the same idea against us, so it will be crucial that we score in the Red Zone.  And of course, don't turn the ball over.  

No prediction except this: The 70 points scored by Miami last week is an historic mark, especially in the SB era. The issue for Miami is that the likelihood of it happening again is low. The Dolphins have, in game 3, set a benchmark for the offense that they won't repeat, but will be compelled to try and match each week. They have essentially set a standard that is too high and will be undone by trying to recreate that performance.  They will press—just like a QB trying to maintain an edge.

Edited by theRalph

On 9/25/2023 at 7:38 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This should be a classic game. 

I saw a stat that Tua’s passing stats are identical to last years first 3 games, which includes a game vs a beat up Bills defense. They scored 21. 

This is exactly what I was referring to

snells really similar and then they played us and….with backup defensive backs in Miami - eeeek wasn’t pretty 

23 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

This is exactly what I was referring to

snells really similar and then they played us and….with backup defensive backs in Miami - eeeek wasn’t pretty 

Their run game is going crazy though. It’s probably what I’m concerned with most. Our old leg safeties and their poor angles. Miami will bust 1 long one. Hopefully it’s only 1.

On 9/25/2023 at 6:38 AM, Matt_In_NH said:

I want to go and watch that game.....crazy they scored 10 offensive TD's with minimal turnovers.  I saw some interesting no look screens from Tua....the BIlls will have to have a plan for that.  I think both teams will score a lot....over under at like 53, I would take the over.  These are two of the best teams in the league.

Agreed on the over. That number seemed a bit low but……

3 hours ago, Buffalo Dude said:

Dolphins score 25

Tyreek pulls a hammy

Bad luck to wish for an opponent getting an injury, and it’s sweeter winning with all of their best so there are no excuses.

I want the Bills to win with their best and  ours.  Then no excuses for the fish, and they are not on our level.  It will be so sweet listening to Fish fans on NFLR next week.

they are puffing their chests now they will kill us.  Fat chance.  Neither team is running away with this game.  It’s going to be a tight game with multiple lead changes.  I’ve never taken Pelton bison in my life, so I’ll just be eating tums by the gallon all game.

On 9/25/2023 at 10:11 AM, gordong said:

I don't see Tua having a lot of time in the pocket... be spot on on the short to med throws bills win.  say 24 points.

I got feeling defense wants it's deserved shutout they didn't get last week so they are gonna have a fish fry this week and shutout will be a possibility.  The more Josh and the offense eat up game clock the higher chance the D does shutout the fish.

• Disagree 1

On 9/25/2023 at 5:38 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This should be a classic game. 

I saw a stat that Tua’s passing stats are identical to last years first 3 games, which includes a game vs a beat up Bills defense. They scored 21. 

Well keeping with that reasoning (same stats first 3 games) I'll go with Miami scoring 15 points.  Just like they did last year in Game #4.

This game screams over except that the Bills defense is excellent and nearly elite (when Von gets back, holy *****.) 

If Bernard is 75% the player he was last week, Matt Milano might be our second best LB.  And that would be terrifying thought if you’re a QB whose brain is being held together with a piece of bubble gum and a binder clip. 

Edited by stevestojan

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

I got feeling defense wants it's deserved shutout they didn't get last week so they are gonna have a fish fry this week and shutout will be a possibility.  The more Josh and the offense eat up game clock the higher chance the D does shutout the fish.

I’m saddened knowing I will never feel this level of optimism towards the Bills.

I’m honestly jealous of your outlook.

We could be up 11 with a minute left and the ball and I’m doing the math on the other team’s timeouts and assume they get the ball back, TD and 2pt, successful onside for last second FG to send us to another heartbreaking OT loss.

And you have faith we’ll shutout a team that just put up 70. I need to be more like you; would probably make this hobby more enjoyable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Dolfish are frauds and will be exposed like Washington last week.

They beat the Chargers by 2 and Pats by 7.   The teams they beat have a combined 2 wins on the season.

This game won't even be close.

47-6 Bills

Edited by pi2000

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’ve never taken Pelton bison in my life, so I’ll just be eating tums by the gallon all game.

I never have either; do you know where I can get some?  Sounds delicious.

Sam Howell and the Commanders put up 30 points against that Denver defense.  Miami scored 2.3 times as many points.

If the Dolphins score 2.3 times as many points as Washington did against us, they'll score 7 points.  I can live with that.

Edited by BRH

On 9/27/2023 at 11:52 PM, stevestojan said:

I’m saddened knowing I will never feel this level of optimism towards the Bills.

I’m honestly jealous of your outlook.

We could be up 11 with a minute left and the ball and I’m doing the math on the other team’s timeouts and assume they get the ball back, TD and 2pt, successful onside for last second FG to send us to another heartbreaking OT loss.

And you have faith we’ll shutout a team that just put up 70. I need to be more like you; would probably make this hobby more enjoyable. 

Well I had hoped the defense was gonna pitch their first shutout but considering they shutdown the greatest  offense known to mankind the way some were on awe of Tua and the miami waddlers, I'm OK about being overly optimistic.  They did warrant my belief in them to stop miami.

11 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Well I had hoped the defense was gonna pitch their first shutout but considering they shutdown the greatest  offense known to mankind the way some were on awe of Tua and the miami waddlers, I'm OK about being overly optimistic.  They did warrant my belief in them to stop miami.

I wasn’t calling you over. I was calling myself under. I love your optimism! Go bills! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.