Stopping the Miami Offense (and Tua the wizard) - Lets hear the ideas.

Chaos

10 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

And have Josh and offense milk the cocktail as much as plausible.  Heck even if Diggs l or Davis is wide lower take the short 10 yd 1st down that's a gimme as well.  Once we have a comfortable lead you play keep away as much as you can as the very best defense against a potent offense.  Bills fans of the 90s know this fact.  Giants were the inferior offensive team and they just left kelly and co. No time to do their thing.  

Oh and bench Josh at somewhere like the 15 min mark if 4th quarter.  Gives him the chance to watch and study how teams are playing us so his lack of film study isn't as big a detriment going forward.  Benching him the past 2 games seems to have secured the wins.

One of the most ridiculous posts i have ever seen 

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

October snow storm.

Mr. Pegula will need to pay for snow machines from skiing resorts to be moved to Orchard Park.

The earliest first snowflake in a winter season ever recorded in Buffalo was on Sept. 20 back in 1956.

The earliest first measurable snow (of 0.1") was on Oct. 6, 1991.

The earliest ever first inch of snow was on Oct. 10 in 1906

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That’s what NE did they didn’t send many and played deep and made them earn it by driving down the field.. the Dolphins scored 17 in the first half but the second half they were not patient and allowed the Pats to almost come back and beat them. Final was 24-20… I think the Bills can score more than 20 points in Miami D. 

They also played 3 safeties quite a bit. Rapp could be big.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

They also played 3 safeties quite a bit. Rapp could be big.

That was also a necessity since we were down 3 CB by the 3rd Quarter. So I don’t know how much that was designed as was “ok we don’t have enough corners let’s put another safety out there” 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

One of the most ridiculous posts i have ever seen 

Well I think controlling the time idmf possession is a big deal defensively.  Tua can't do anything sitting on the bench can he? I'm not one to want to knock a mother player out of a game like some fans and heck some coaches.  Bountygate. Gregg Williams...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

People say Miami played bad teams, so have the Bills. This is not going to be as easy as that. I'd hope that anything we can come up with, D coordinators have already thought of and failed to impose on Miami. It's going to be a crazy ride this week. 

Maybe the Fins should worry about the Bills who have a potent offense and a good defense.   They barely beat the defensively inept Chargers by 2 points and the offensively challenged Patriots by 3.   The Broncos just quit even before the end of the first quarter.

17 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

And have Josh and offense milk the clock as much as possible. Heck even if Diggs l or Davis is wide lower take the short 10 yd 1st down that's a gimme as well.  Once we have a comfortable lead you play keep away as much as you can as the very best defense against a potent offense.  Bills fans of the 90s know this fact.  Giants were the inferior offensive team and they just left kelly and co. No time to do their thing.  

Giants also cheating with players hitting WRs post possession and lying on top of players to slow down offense.\

Basically they were Cheaters-Light.

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, they've played two mediocre teams (Chargers and Patriots) and one poor team (Broncos).

They've been impressive offensively, but let's not crown them the champs yet. They literally did this last year and couldn't sustain it.

the Bills have played 3 very bad teams as well and the Bills somehow lost to the Jets team who had the wind taken out of their sails and quit when Rogers went out.soo……

• Disagree 1

I watched the snow game highlights from last year just now and Hamlin was slow to react, or behind the play in all of Miami’s big plays (Waddle big TD, Hill big TD, Mostert big run). Hopefully having our starting safeties healthy back there, if not long in the tooth, will help a lot.

I think the big thing is you have to throw off Tua’s timing. He has shown in the past that when he’s not able to throw on time he can struggle. It’s definitely going to be a hard game to win, the def line will need to have another big game. Knock Tua down, make him uncomfortable, move him off his spot

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Because it’s intentionally trolling 

I am not trolling I'm serious that I rather Josh decides to let all his weapons get various 5 yds avg per play that eat up game clock that cannot be used against our defense making them well rested and eager to make plays.  I'll be curious if they do activate Elsm, someone suggested maybe they  are deliberately keeping him hidden to surprise vs Miami.  

Edited by AuntieEm

I think the DBs need to line up fairly close to the LOS and disrupt the route running of Miami receivers early.  Combining that with generating pressure mostly by rushing four and you'll go a long way toward controlling the passing offense.  I think Buffalo plays a lot of nickel as usual.  I  don't think that will hurt them in run defense.

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

I am not trolling I'm serious that I rather Josh decides to let all his weapons get various 5 yds avpop plays that eat up game clock that cannot be used against our defense making them well rested and eager to make plays.  I'll be curious if they do activate Elsm, someone suggested maybe they  are deliberately keeping him hidden to surprise vs Miami.  

gyu cent by cerious. 

I would activate Elam, tell him to rough up Hill at the line. I'd also play that lunatic Rapp a lot and tell him to get as many personal foul penalties as he can! 

I'm kidding about the penalties but I would tell them to play for old school, kind of how the Chiefs played the Bills in the championship game where they bullied us and roughed up our receivers.

Obviously ball control, try and get in Tua's face as much as possible. Knock him down, even if you don't get the sack. Wilkins always plays Allen that way so I say do the same to Tua (maybe not go as far as pinching his balls but close).

The problem is if they come out hot and just start marching up the field then Josh will feel the need to be superman , maybe he's good superman but there's always a chance he's Superman 4: The Quest for Peace and none of us want that

• Like (+1) 2

Part of “getting hot” is winning games with extended drives and ended all/as many as possible with points. If the pass rush continues to get home and Allen stays on the field with minimal turnovers and 3 points every time they touch the ball, that should be enough pressure to throw them off balance. 

18 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Don't let Hill get behind you.

Knock receivers off the line and disrupt timing.

Take advantage of their suspect D. Score early and often. Make them one dimensional. 

Get hands on Tua. Knock him down and make him nervous. 

That's game!

I don’t know man. 

Im more worried about him catching the ball in front of me and running wild. That reality and Tua’s deep ball inconsistency makes me wonder if baiting them deep would be beneficial 

(I know this sounds ridiculous, but I’m serious)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I would activate Elam, tell him to rough up Hill at the line. I'd also play that lunatic Rapp a lot and tell him to get as many personal foul penalties as he can! 

I'm kidding about the penalties but I would tell them to play for old school, kind of how the Chiefs played the Bills in the championship game where they bullied us and roughed up our receivers.

Obviously ball control, try and get in Tua's face as much as possible. Knock him down, even if you don't get the sack. Wilkins always plays Allen that way so I say do the same to Tua (maybe not go as far as pinching his balls but close).

The problem is if they come out hot and just start marching up the field then Josh will feel the need to be superman , maybe he's good superman but there's always a chance he's Superman 4: The Quest for Peace and none of us want that

Or he goes off running and not sliding before getting hammered risking some injury.  I'm all for benching Josh every 4rth wuarterclikecthevpastc2xgames but when the game is out of reach for the opponents.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.