Anyone else sick of the Jets Hype??

PatsFanNH

I expect them to sadly be good, but all the fawning by experts saying how they will take the AFCE and ride into the SB is annoying. 

I have always disliked the Jets the most of any f the East rivals, but God it would be so nice to see them start off the year going

0-4 or 1-3.  It starts with your Bills knocking them off in Jersey, followed by games against Cowboys, Pats, and Chiefs.. so 1-3 could easily happen! 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I live here in NJ, so I get this crap 24-7. Now that the season is here it has been really bad this week. They are hyping this game as the biggest Jets regular season game since the Rex days when they went to back-to-back AFCCG. The Bills better be ready as the Jets and atmosphere at MetLife Stadium will be super charged up this Monday night.

Oh my Lord yes!  I have thought about starting a thread on this but decided not to give them any more attention.

I am so sick of hearing about Aaron Rodgers and how amazing these guys are, comparing themselves to the ‘85 Bears etc.

I really really hope they fall flat on their faces just to see how quickly the New York fans turn on them.

Well if the Jets win on Monday, it's Super Bowl hype the rest of the season so get ready. You will also be able to enjoy how the window for the Bills has been shut and that our playoff run is over. It's going to be a very up and down season for Buffalo and my expectations are...just get in and see what happens.

Nope. Hype them up MORE. Love it. Twice the pride double the fall 

The Jets have done what they always do. Make a bunch of headline grabbing off season moves. Remember all the hype when they signed Lev Bell and hired Adam Gase? Their offense has holes at OL. Two talented RBs coming off major surgery. Wilson is excellent. Then they have Aaron with his head in the clouds saying how "much this is like a dream" and Saleh trying his hardest to be hard arsed. 

Their defense is good. I'll give them that. Matches up against Buffalo well. And, though they are GOOD it's not as great of a defense as they want to think. They aren't the '85 Bears.  The tumble in "JetLife Stadium" will be swift and unforgiving this year IMO. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

Well if the Jets win on Monday, it's Super Bowl hype the rest of the season so get ready. You will also be able to enjoy how the window for the Bills has been shut and that our playoff run is over. It's going to be a very up and down season for Buffalo and my expectations are...just get in and see what happens.

On the flip side if the Bills win. The fans and media in NYC will be crying all week. Jets go to Dallas in week 2 so the pressure to avoid an 0-2 start would be tremendous. If they lose that one, then the FIRE SALEH chants will be in full force for their week 3 game at MetLife against the Pats. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It's a fun thing for the media, and it's not unwarranted.  All last year, the talk was that they were "just a QB away" - and they got one of the best in the offseason.

But I'm sick of hearing about it at this point.  Really can't wait for the teams to take the field so we know what's hype, and what isn't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Their hype is fair. Added a HOF QB to a strong roster, defense is rock solid, RB's rock solid, WR's good. The only weakness is their o-line which potentially can be their undoing, but Rodgers is a quick-release mobile QB, so he just may be able to minimize the o-line inadequacies. 

It's the same hype we enjoyed for the last summer or two and everyone in western NY was walking around with a chubby 24/7 over it. Now that it's deflected off the Bills, people are annoyed by it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Their hype is fair. Added a HOF QB to a strong roster, defense is rock solid, RB's rock solid, WR's good. The only weakness is their o-line which potentially can be their undoing, but Rodgers is a quick-release mobile QB, so he just may be able to minimize the o-line inadequacies. 

It's the same hype we enjoyed for the last summer or two and everyone in western NY was walking around with a chubby 24/7 over it. Now that it's deflected off the Bills, people are annoyed by it.

I prefer the Bills fly under the radar. But it is annoying that a 7-win team that hasn't made the playoffs in 13 years is now viewed as some sort of powerhouse. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I expect them to sadly be good, but all the fawning by experts saying how they will take the AFCE and ride into the SB is annoying. 

I have always disliked the Jets the most of any f the East rivals, but God it would be so nice to see them start off the year going

0-4 or 1-3.  It starts with your Bills knocking them off in Jersey, followed by games against Cowboys, Pats, and Chiefs.. so 1-3 could easily happen! 

I live in NYC suburbs and local sports radio is insufferable right now about the Jests... hope the Bills kick their arses sending Greeny et al into swoons... either way if Bills win these idiots here will be apoplectic but itll take them awhile to settle down... if Bills lose I may not be able to listen to the radio on the way to work for months... grrr

Edited by North Buffalo

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I prefer the Bills fly under the radar. But it is annoying that a 7-win team that hasn't made the playoffs in 13 years is now viewed as some sort of powerhouse. 

Because of bringing in a 40 year old QB, no less

it's stockholm syndrome among the media

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Because of bringing in a 40 year old QB, no less

it's stockholm syndrome among the media

Who had 5 games where he threw for less than 200 yards and no 300 yard or more passing games last season. I get he is an upgrade over the crap they had last year but his skills have declined.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Half of the national NFL media grew up as Jets fans or played/coached there. Any time the Jets are even passably good, they become the story because guys like Greenberg and Eisen want to devote airtime to talking about their team. And it's not just them. Ian Eagle grew up in Queens as a Jets fan. You've got that former Jets GM Tannenbaum who's all over ESPN. You've got Rex Ryan. Peter Schrager is a Jets fan. Funny how being a Jets fans drives so many into the NFL media, but I cannot think of a single Giants fan on NFL Network, Fox, or ESPN. I wonder why that is.

18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

A Pats fan complaining about the hype of another team?  Now that is funny stuff. 😂😂😂

The Pats hype at least started after they actually had done SOMETHING! The Jets have done nothing yet.. I think it wasn’t till the 3rd SB appearance(?) that they truly got hyped up.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The Miami hype is more annoying to be honest. 

I think the jets actually have the potential to be very good, though I wouldn't be surprised if they don't live up to expectations and even miss the playoffs. 

The Dolphins I think are probably the most overrated team in the league going into the season. Nice d line and WR duo. But the rest of the roster is meh. I can't name a single WR or TE on that team other than Hill and Waddle. 

Edited by Process

46 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Get back to us tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

as much as we hated the Pats hype all those tears and it was all Brady

As I mentioned the hype started after they did something. They were always overlooked before then. Heck in 2001 I heard all the talking heads saying how the greatest show on turf was going to destroy the Pats like the 85 Bears…  second SB we were told they “got lucky” make it.. 3rd one they were hyped up to the hilt.. but damn it took getting their 3 out of 4 years lol get that!

6 minutes ago, Process said:

The Miami hype is more annoying to be honest. 

I think the jets actually have the potential to be very good, though I wouldn't be surprised if they don't live up to expectations and even miss the playoffs. 

The Dolphins I think are probably the most overrated team in the league going into the season. Nice d line and WR duo. But the rest of the roster is meh. I can't name a single WR or TE on that team other than Hill and Waddle. 

seeing quite a few pundits picking the Dolphins to make it to the AFCCG this season.

Does anyone wonder whether or not Rodgers has ever played with this much stiff competition in the NFC North? Let's face it, all the hype they're getting is basically a lifeline for a dying fanbase, and I will even admit that I feel a bit sorry for them. We gotta remember we were there once before ourselves. I'm not taking anything away from their team this year, in other words I won't be surprised if they do make the playoffs. Anything short of that will suck whatever life is left out of that fanbase and then some. If we do lose, I just hope it won't be a blow out. But as many others have pointed out, if we do win, it'll add more pressure for every game the rest of the year. Just End The Season may come sooner than previous years

Edited by buffalo2218

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.