Here's a thought about the O-line

Billsfanatixs

The thought I had, which will never happen is. I think we should try moving Dawkins to right tackle. I'm supremely aware of why left tackle is where you want your best tackle. 

I would say for the Bills, right tackle is most important. Until Josh becomes a high percentage "Pocket Passer" it will continue to be the most challenging spot on line. 

Josh never sticks around long enough for a right end to nab him. 

Hard to argue if you think about it 

🤔

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Billsfanatixs said:

The thought I had, which will never happen is. I think we should try moving Dawkins to right tackle. I'm supremely aware of why left tackle is where you want your best tackle. 

I would say for the Bills, right tackle is most important. Until Josh becomes a high percentage "Pocket Passer" it will continue to be the most challenging spot on line. 

🤔

This would make sense if Dawkins was actually playing well.  We shall see how well he plays once he gets in proper playing shape.  Hard to tell what week it will be.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfanatixs said:

🤔

Maybe we should move Dawkins to the Right and Spencer Brown to the left.  What could possibly go wrong!?!?!?!?!?

• Haha (+1) 2

It's very possible the criticism on Josh dropping back so deep in preseason may have been him not trusting Dawkins and needing a wider angle of vision to see rushers from both sides.  You get solid Tackles  then Josh can take the quicker drops and with his various weapons can send the ball to whomever is open.  Bills win overwhelmingly in those conditions when Josh is on and protected. 

Added benefit is you could really develop a few solid backups with a good oline.  And they could be traded for players of need as they could be thrown into games once 1 seed is locked.  Easy to let Josh have extra time off when everything is clicking.

Edited by AuntieEm

2 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

🤔

Why is right tackle more important?  Do you have any pressure vs QB rating stats?  If it’s just feels, then I feel pressure from the right is much less important than from the left as I’ve seen JA17 make more incredible plays to his right than left. 

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

This would make sense if Dawkins was actually playing well.  We shall see how well he plays once he gets in proper playing shape.  Hard to tell what week it will be.

If will take Marty McFly and Doc Brown to fuel up the Delorean and bring Tubby back to his college playing days. Then, and maybe then, we could get him on a weight regimen that is engrained into his brain and he stays away from Paula’s Doughnuts when he gets here.

True story, he had to upgrade his vehicle to the Ram TRX because his previous truck didn’t have enough torque to get his fat ass moving when stopped at red lights. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

🤔

You sure about that?  Your solution to Josh frequently having to scramble is to further weaken his blind side and make him have to scramble more.  You trying to get him injured?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

You sure about that?  Your solution to Josh frequently having to scramble is to further weaken his blind side and make him have to scramble more.  You trying to get him injured?

Well. Statistics show your mote likely to get injured being sacked in the pocket than scrambling out of it. Just sayin. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well. Statistics show your mote likely to get injured being sacked in the pocket than scrambling out of it. Just sayin. 

And you think weakening his blind side won't lead to more hits in the pocket?  Contrary to popular belief, he doesn't needlessly scramble on EVERY snap.

IIRC, they tried to cross train Dion on the right during camp when he was a rookie and the result was not good. He’s much more comfortable on the left. His skills/athleticism aren’t the problem, it’s his bad weight/conditioning.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

🤔

Dawkins is a left tackle, has always been a left tackle its not that easy of a switch plus hes been a fairly decent LT besides the fact that he looks like a can of smashed a**holes. Josh is right handed so his blind side is on the left making it most important. 

6 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

🤔

No.  

Spencer Brown played well before injuring his back last season.  Not great, but not terrible.  Hopefully the back is better and he can continue to develop.

We need tackle depth, not wholesale change on who the starter is on left or right.  Intrigued by a Peter’s, but there should be someone available via roster cuts.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Why is right tackle more important?  Do you have any pressure vs QB rating stats?  If it’s just feels, then I feel pressure from the right is much less important than from the left as I’ve seen JA17 make more incredible plays to his right than left. 

And he has eyes on the right side. If the rest of your line holds up I trust Josh to deal with breakdowns from Spencer. The problem ladt year was there were breakdowns everywhere.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

I say we cut Josh and find a left-handed QB so we can make RT the most important position on the OL.  Should I set up a poll?

No, you should be set atop a pole.  Twenty footer or so. 🤔🤨

😁

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

The problem for the shnowman is too many shnow balls.

image.png.62f04dad0865411fbbe57a01afcfb651.png

Cold. 🤨

Where can you get the pink ones?!?!

I only watched the first 2 drives of the Bears game, but I thought Dawkins was solid. He made a helluva block on the Harris td (some might say 2 blocks on 1 play) and was solid in this time on the field. 

I don't understand the obsession with how NOT sexy he looks. This isn't the Ms. America Contest. 

Trade AJE, Elam, etc. WOW!
And the season hasn't even begun. Way to go guys. 

Edited by Dopey

14 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

🤔

It's easy to argue this ridiculous idea. Besides all the other comments; Dawson is getting paid "left tackle money" and damn well better earn it.

14 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

🤔

I would totally disagree.

If you can say that right tackle is most important, it would only be because we're pretty confident left tackle will be OK because Dawkins is there. I'm just a smidge less comfortable saying that than in years past, but he still appears to be head and shoulders above any other tackle on the roster.

If you move Dawkins to right, then left tackle becomes an even worse weakness without him than right tackle is with Dawkins at left.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

You’re going to get a great evaluation of talent and position when the Jets relentlessly blitz us for 60 mins on MNF in front of the nation. 

They can get to the QB just by bringing four. They really don't have to blitz.

15 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

🤔

You seriously want Spencer Brown on Josh Allen's blind side? Why do you hate Josh Allen so badly? 

15 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

I'm not panicking, but just looking for feedback about the idea that right tackle and guard on this team might be the more difficult positions than the left

For most OTs, it's significantly harder for them to move to the other side of the line than to simply move inside to OG on the same side.   I think that Dawkins has a better chance of making an awesome LG than making a competent RT.

16 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

🤔

Nothing about this logic makes any sense to me.  Josh isn't left handed, the LT spot protects his back and blind side, it is significantly more important to a right handed QB to have a quality player at LT.  Guys coming off the RT spot are easier for him to see and react to.  So I can't see where you logic here is coming from here.  Not to mention the challenge of swapping positions for a player.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.