WGR speculating the Bills will make a trade

78thealltimegreat

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I agree. If Josh gets hurt long-term, our season is done anyway.

Right. But what if Josh is only hurt for a game or two? Gotta have a guy you can bank on to hold the fort and I don’t think we have that guy at the momemt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

And Wgr is smoking crack anyway. They talking about Ray Lewis or Cam Lewis? Saying this team needs Cam Lewis? The guy played like 70 total defense snaps. Give me a break. 

I'd keep Cam Lewis over Damar Hamlin at this point.  As much as we loved Damar, he was awful versus the Bears, missing tackles left and right.  Lewis gives us more flexibility and is a harder hitter when tackling.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Right. But what if Josh is only hurt for a game or two? Gotta have a guy you can bank on to hold the fort and I don’t think we have that guy at the momemt.

The downside to adding another qb this late is that they won't be comfortable in the offense until mid-season and they won't get many reps in practice.

• Agree 2

Just now, jkeerie said:

I'd keep Cam Lewis over Damar Hamlin at this point.  As much as we loved Damar, he was awful versus the Bears, missing tackles left and right.  Lewis gives us more flexibility and is a harder hitter when tackling.

Damar is a PR nightmare. I thought he sucked last year and then…

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 11

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The downside to adding another qb this late is that they won't be comfortable in the offense until mid-season and they won't get many reps in practice.

The guys we got now are comfortably bad. They need to upgrade if they can and I think they will.

27 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Sal C who actually works for the team was just on believing the Bills are working on a trade.
Gotta believe after the Trey Lance news they are looking to upgrade backup QB. I wonder if that doesn’t involve someone like Mason Rudolph who is just kinda going through the motions in Pitt. 

Please noooooo Mason Rudolph!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I may be alone in this camp but Max Duggan just got waived. He’s a guy I’d pick up for the PS. Kid is all grit like our boy Josh

I didn't see him in preseason but yeah...........he was a guy who I thought made a lot of sense as a long term backup for Allen.

He has the 2 things that all low pedigree young QB's need.........he can run and take a hit like a champ.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

OT depth is needed and we might move a wr, de, or late round pick to make that happen.

Our 3 biggest needs are OT depth, MLB and backup QB in that order.  If Elam drops down to CB4 I can live with that as long as they keep developing his zone mechanics.  No clue who gets traded but I wouldn't lose sleep seeing AJE or Boogie gone.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Rudolph makes a ton of sense. They liked him in 2018, he’s started games in the league is on the bottom of the depth chart in Pittsburgh 

Does it make more or less sense than bringing Case Keenum back who already knows the offense?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Our 3 biggest needs are OT depth, MLB and backup QB in that order.  If Elam drops down to CB4 I can live with that as long as they keep developing his zone mechanics.  No clue who gets traded but I wouldn't lose sleep seeing AJE or Boogie gone.

Agree on the needs. Maybe I’d put MLB as #1 priority and I honestly don’t care enough to trade for a backup QB.  If one gets let go that’s a better fit to backup Josh then fine but no reason to trade for one imo.

I’ve actually been impressed with boogie this preseason and I think AJE will ball out in his last year before he gets paid somewhere else.

Honestly Kirksey may be the play at MLB and I’m ok with that if we can’t get a guy like Lavonte David in a trade for like a 6th round pick.  OT I could for sure see us trading for because I don’t think anyone believes in Q and even though we all love Van Demark, I don’t think the FO and coaches are comfortable relying on him right away if Dion or Brown goes down early

• Agree 3

34 minutes ago, K-9 said:

And yet, what if a better O line is the reason Josh doesn't miss two games? Chicken or egg, I suppose.

If the speculation is that there’s a reasonably sizable trade involving the Bills (not something like a 5th for a backup QB). Then I think it would almost have to involve Elam. There’s likely nobody else on the roster that’s movable for anyone worth a damn. 

• Like (+1) 1

are we buyers or are we sellers?

I mean, we will probably do both.  But which one is big enuf 'news' to get on the radio about.

Since its breathlessly reported / rumored, i'd assume its a name we all know.   Not like trading somebody we were gonna cut, or trading for somebody at the bottom of another team's depth chart (with the exception of QB).

So its probably Boogie or AJE.  They decided they are keeping one, and the other has value.  Do it before the trade partner has time to be surprised that 'whats available tomorrow (after cuts) in the dumpster is better than he expected.

36 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I may be alone in this camp but Max Duggan just got waived. He’s a guy I’d pick up for the PS. Kid is all grit like our boy Josh

I was hoping we’d draft him late.  Love his skill set for a backup.  Grade A kid.  Great

work ethic.  Mobile.  Sign me up

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I didn't see him in preseason but yeah...........he was a guy who I thought made a lot of sense as a long term backup for Allen.

He has the 2 things that all low pedigree young QB's need.........he can run and take a hit like a champ.

Can he throw? I don’t care about the other 2 things if he can’t make NFL level throws 

46 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

So you put him on the practice squad, and say he still needs more time in his recovery.  

This is the answer I think. I doubt another team scoops him up, so just keep him on practice squad. 

It would be a shame to lose a promising OL or WR just because you’d feel bad for cutting him. 

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.