WGR speculating the Bills will make a trade

78thealltimegreat

46 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As much as hate our backups as our options (great guys though), not sure Rudolph makes me feel any better. Right or wrong, I just see him getting smashed with helmet and losing his backup job consistently.

I have watched a fair bit of Rudolph in Pitt, and I think he stinks. It pains me that he was allegedly the Bills guy if they couldn’t get Josh Allen (when Lamar would have been there).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

A few Miami fans with “sources” are convinced the Bills are also after JT 

That would be quite interesting…

but I’d rather we sign Kirksey and look to add QB2 + OT3 

Trading Elam would be a mistake IMO

Who is Kirksey?

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I agree. If Josh gets hurt long-term, our season is done anyway.

For that it doesn’t matter much.  Where it matters if he’s out a few games and your backup can help win a couple.    That could be difference between making playoffs or gaining home field advantage.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Who is Kirksey?

30 yr old downhill runstuffing MLB cut by the Texans.

Beane had interest in him a few years back as a free agent.

Apparently he is pals with Poyer and Hyde.

These are his numbers from last year: 124 tackles, 3 sacks, 7 TFL,  7 QB hits, 2 INT 

I pulled all that from what others said in another thread. Most feel he would be at least a solid floor 

to a position that currently is causing a lot of angst.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

30 yr old downhill runstuffing MLB cut by the Texans.

Beane had interest in him a few years back as a free agent.

Apparently he is pals with Poyer and Hyde.

These are his numbers from last year: 124 tackles, 3 sacks, 7 TFL,  7 QB hits, 2 INT 

I pulled all that from what others said in another thread. Most feel he would be at least a solid floor 

to a position that currently is causing a lot of angst.

He wouldn't be a bad addition.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Sal C who actually works for the team

I always thought Sal was WGRs Bills beat reporter and does sideline reporting for their radio broadcasts.  Not sure he is employed by Bills directly.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Ok, so I know we have Dawson Knox and Dalton Kincaid and Quintin Morris but ….

Zach Ertz?

100 page thread or we riot!

Nag we got other needs and or TE room is just fine as is.   That's my opinion at least  everybody of course is free to their opinion on this.

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ll be honest, if Damar didn’t go through what he went through, I think our Safety room would be Hyde, Poyer, Rapp and Cam Lewis … instead of this game where we have to carry 5 safeties for some reason. 

Watching the last preseason game it seemed that damar looked really skinny and small.

He seemed to be resistant to take on contact hence the missed Tackles. 

He doesn't look like an NFL safety to me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

With our glut of WRs and need at LB, I'm wondering if Shaq Thompson might be an option. He's obviously at the end of his career and the Panthers aren't winning anything this year. There's the obvious Carolina Joke/tie-in/McBeane connection, but they need WR talent almost as bad as we need off-ball LBs to support Bryce Young. Shakir and a 4th or 5th feels like a no brainer to both sides, to me...

Glut of WR's?   

Diggs

Davis

Sherfield

Sharty

Shakir

and a bunch of minor league talents

They should be in the market.......definitely not dealing from a strength

14 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I always thought Sal was WGRs Bills beat reporter and does sideline reporting for their radio broadcasts.  Not sure he is employed by Bills directly.  

Sal doesn’t have much insider information

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

He’s just the ultimate homer and OBD shill. 

He pumps up the coaches and GM so much. It’s nauseating. 

last year it was defending Leslie Frazier 

year before was Sean McD for 13 seconds 

I have this belief - the minute McD learned of Chris brown crossing the line w their own dumb rules on giving % of snaps and lineups in practice and being suspended for it …. Sal went into ultra cheerleader mode 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

With our glut of WRs and need at LB, I'm wondering if Shaq Thompson might be an option. He's obviously at the end of his career and the Panthers aren't winning anything this year. There's the obvious Carolina Joke/tie-in/McBeane connection, but they need WR talent almost as bad as we need off-ball LBs to support Bryce Young. Shakir and a 4th or 5th feels like a no brainer to both sides, to me...

So you’re saying the Bills would give up a young guy AND a draft pick for a guy that you admit is past his prime?? The Panthers should absolutely jump at that deal, have no idea why the Bills would make that trade 

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I have watched a fair bit of Rudolph in Pitt, and I think he stinks. It pains me that he was allegedly the Bills guy if they couldn’t get Josh Allen (when Lamar would have been there).

Same. I Watch a lot of Steelers games and Probably have seen every snap Rudolph has played. Wholly unimpressive. To put it in context, they benched Rudolph in favor of Duck Hodges. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, balln said:

Send a F word message and trade poyer and Dion dawkins ! Shot off the bow !

I’m all for getting rid of the bucket of goo Dion. But we would definitely need someone that can play the position to replace him. Which we don’t really have atm. 

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

Not a trade but Colt McCoy just got released . he might still have a game or two in him ?

Please LB AND RT

and Kirksey
jeebus ,its come to the point where we need a player of this caliber because we have such a need at MLB

drives me nutso 

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not a surprise… the same dudes who wasted draft picks on Fromm and Peterman… and actually played Peterman wayyyyy more than they should’ve. 

Allen is the reason they all still have jobs here. 

that’s probably one of the most wild stories of the Josh Allen era so far… that Nathan Friggin’ Peterman actually won the starting job to begin Allen’s rookie season. 

Seems beyond dumb now, but… fog of war, hindsight, man-in-the-arena and all that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m all for getting rid of the bucket of goo Dion. But we would definitely need someone that can play the position to replace him. Which we don’t really have atm. 

you aint gettin one this time of year.
something to chew on
like a cud perhaps ?

ps

watch him make a fool us us Dion doubters though. I am fine with that btw

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

something to chew on
like a cud perhaps ?

ps

Nah I’ve seen enough. He’s average. Maybe a shade above. Like 10-16th best

he got blown up on JA stuff sneak titans game mnf 

he got obliterated vs Cindy playoffs 

Just now, balln said:

Nah I’ve seen enough. He’s average. Maybe a shade above. Like 10-16th best

he got blown up on JA stuff sneak titans game mnf 

he got obliterated vs Cindy playoffs 

yea but there is nothing Bills can do to improve that position upcoming on the waiver wire.
 LT is a premium position as you well know.

Ride the Cow

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

something to chew on
like a cud perhaps ?

ps

I know we’re not getting a replacement for him at this point. Don’t expect him to go anywhere until it’s time for a new deal whenever that is. And I’m actually fine with that. He’s not terrible. I just think he’s extremely overrated. And when I say extremely I mean if he’s in the conversation of being in the top 16-20 LTs in the league it’s too high. But the second he wants more money, buh bye. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would love Jonathan Taylor, but I don’t think that’s happening

Jonathan Taylor is a bell cow back

Because of who we have in the RB room I doubt it as well. But if Beane is being BBB and thinks he needs to make a splash he just might do it. Which scares me a little. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

But he hasn’t been healthy, and you have to give up a pick, and have to pay him. Considering all that, is it worth it? 

That depends on the pic/compensation 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Hopefully it’s Taylor. 

Not possible. I heard two teams are left in the Taylor sweepstakes and both have agreed to a market value contract extension. The Bills don’t have the cap space for that. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Not possible. I heard two teams left in the Taylor sweepstakes and both have agreed to a market value contract extension. The Bills don’t have the cap space for that. 

Not unless they dump Ed Oliver and tre

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.