WGR speculating the Bills will make a trade

78thealltimegreat

9 minutes ago, balln said:

Not unless they dump Ed Oliver and tre

LOL! No. If traded both would have dead cap hits that would exceed their cap hit for 2023. (Tho some of the dead cap hits would be delayed to 2024.) Oh and we’d have to find and pay new starts at CB1 and 3-tech. 

Just now, BarleyNY said:

LOL! No. If traded both would have dead cap hits that would exceed their cap hit for 2023. (Tho some of the dead cap hits would be delayed to 2024.) Oh and we’d have to find and pay new starts at CB1 and 3-tech. 

Damn you Beane!!!!!!! Damn you alllll to hellllllll!!!!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Big signing and restructure bonuses will do that. 

I think McD and beane were so on the hot seat (internally on themselves) last year and I think beanes end of year presser this year was soooo revealing …. He’s stresssssed. 

and then Terry bails em out w a contract extension

Edited by balln
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Space can always be made 

Yes that's is pretty much true but you have to weigh the $$ to the value the player will have on the teams success.  Team is toast without a healthy Josh Allen you protect that over paying a bell cow back.  

28 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

But he hasn’t been healthy, and you have to give up a pick, and have to pay him. Considering all that, is it worth it? 

YES!! Say, for instance, Josh had a minor injury and had to sit 2/3 games. Taylor would be the backup QB best friend. With Josh at QB, Taylor would make the playaction game DEADLY. He would open the field for Davis/Diggs on deep routes. The misdirection game would also vicious. Finally, we would not need to rely on Josh as much on the 3rd/4th and short yardage. Don't even get me started on a home run threat on the ground

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

If they are working a trade, I would rather having them work a trade for a MLB that is better than we have than a QB2.  I'd rather not use assets on a backup qb.

I'd be happy with a solid Upgrade on oline if they identified where the weak link is.  A solid oline is every qbs best friend.

13 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Phins are definitely in the mix.  I'm just spit balling but do you think Frank Reich would like him in Carolina to benefit his young QB?

Eagles or jax is who im guessing 

Edited by balln

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm STILL questioning the Ed Oliver extension

Mind blowing. It’s just beane got cornered.  Needed someone on the roster to have a contract beyond next year. Welp settle for ED. Dude hasn’t drafted well. Sorry 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, galept said:

And yet, what if a better O line is the reason Josh doesn't miss two games? Chicken or egg, I suppose.

Then I guess the question is, is our depth at OT better than our depth at backup QB?

• Vomit 1

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Maybe. They just signed Miles Sanders and still have fan favorites Hubbard and Blackshear 

Sanders has been sidelined with a groin injury.   I'm not certain Hubbard or Blackshear could carry the backfield if Sanders goes down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, balln said:

Mind blowing. It’s just beane got cornered.  Needed someone on the roster to have a contract beyond next year. Welp settle for ED. Dude hasn’t drafted well. Sorry 

In fairness, the contract isn’t bad.  Bills have easy outs in it.  

But I do agree .. I will have zero patience if Ed Oliver is out there d***ing around while Von gets healthy. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.