WGR speculating the Bills will make a trade

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

we may as well look to trade our 2nd round pick for a solid veteran player every offseason 

And 3rd.  Beane has been horrible at drafting

8 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

This team is starting to get a little sideways. They can obviously right the ship, but the momentum going into this season is not promising. 

Not feeling good about this season at all honestly.  The terrible use of draft capital and FA acquisitions to cover it up is sending this team in the wrong direction.  Poor Josh.

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

3 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

This team is starting to get a little sideways. They can obviously right the ship, but the momentum going into this season is not promising. 

It seems to me that there's a shift in the strengths of our team.  

Seems as if the D getting somewhat worse, say average this season.  

On the flip side however, I don't see how anyone isn't excited to see this O in action.  Granted, Dorsey can F it up to an extent, but if he doesn't, the potential for an enormous offensive season is there.  

So really, a shift from the emphasis from Defense to Offense, which in today's NFL is a good thing, a positive thing.  

We shall soon see.  And yeah, I'm leaving room for Dorsey to do just that, F it up, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt until he does.  

3 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

And 3rd.  Beane has been horrible at drafting

Agree, fully.  

3 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Not feeling good about this season at all honestly.  The terrible use of draft capital and FA acquisitions to cover it up is sending this team in the wrong direction.  Poor Josh.

If anyone is the beneficiary it's Josh.  Torrence, who looks the part, McGovern, and finally depth at receivers and two competent TEs.  I'm not sure what's not to be excited about offensively.  

Defensively we'll take a step back, possibly more than that, but in the grand scheme it stands to be OK.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

very frustrating. Also, boogie was looking pretty good too. Why not try to ship AJE instead? (Maybe he tried).

AJE had 6.5 sacks last year as a rotational guy playing for a DC whose defenses are not known for sacking the QB.  In 5 seasons with Frazier, Jerry Hughes averaged 4 sacks a season.  In 5 seasons without Frazier (4 in Buf before Frazier and last year in Hou) Hughes averaged 8 sacks a season, including 9 last year when everyone here said he was washed up.  

So I don't get why people would want to trade AJE right now personally who is proving to be good depth right now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

AJE had 6.5 sacks last year as a rotational guy playing for a DC whose defenses are not known for sacking the QB.  In 5 seasons with Frazier, Jerry Hughes averaged 4 sacks a season.  In 5 seasons without Frazier (4 in Buf before Frazier and last year in Hou) Hughes averaged 8 sacks a season, including 9 last year when everyone here said he was washed up.  

So I don't get why people would want to trade AJE right now personally who is proving to be good depth right now

Exactly.  He could be the next Aaron Lynch....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

It seems to me that there's a shift in the strengths of our team.  

Seems as if the D getting somewhat worse, say average this season.  

On the flip side however, I don't see how anyone isn't excited to see this O in action.  Granted, Dorsey can F it up to an extent, but if he doesn't, the potential for an enormous offensive season is there.  

So really, a shift from the emphasis from Defense to Offense, which in today's NFL is a good thing, a positive thing.  

We shall soon see.  And yeah, I'm leaving room for Dorsey to do just that, F it up, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt until he does.  

Agree, fully.  

If anyone is the beneficiary it's Josh.  Torrence, who looks the part, McGovern, and finally depth at receivers and two competent TEs.  I'm not sure what's not to be excited about offensively.  

Defensively we'll take a step back, possibly more than that, but in the grand scheme it stands to be OK.  

I don't think the shift is a strength to offense. I think there is more pressure on Allen now that he has arrived, and more pressure on the team to get to the SB after being favorites, getting close, and falling short so many years in a row. When that happens the expectation league wide is that a guy the caliber of Josh Allen carry the weight of expectations. 

Nobody seems to like our OL or its depth. At least as an entire unit. I think the preseason expectation is for Allen to be under pressure fairly regularly. Even though I like Gabe Davis, he has issues with the dropsies, and the for whatever reason (some right, some wrong) the Diggs unhappiness saga will not go away after what feels like nearly an entire year. 

The truth is somewhere between "The sky is falling" and "I am not sure what's not to be excited about". 

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't think the shift is a strength to offense. I think there is more pressure on Allen now that he has arrived, and more pressure on the team to get to the SB after being favorites, getting close, and falling short so many years in a row. When that happens the expectation league wide is that a guy the caliber of Josh Allen carry the weight of expectations. 

Nobody seems to like our OL or its depth. At least as an entire unit. I think the preseason expectation is for Allen to be under pressure fairly regularly. Even though I like Gabe Davis, he has issues with the dropsies, and the for whatever reason (some right, some wrong) the Diggs unhappiness saga will not go away after what feels like nearly an entire year. 

The truth is somewhere between "The sky is falling" and "I am not sure what's not to be excited about". 

Ahhh, gotcha!

Yeah, I hear ya.  Sounds about right.  I'm of the opinion that the OL will be OK, notably better than it's been.  The WRs/TEs are the best group we've had under Allen easily.  

I agree with that generally speaking.  I'm expecting the O to be fine, but we'll see.  As I've often said, this is going to be a pivotal season.  If the OL isn't better than average this season, or at least solid average, if the D regresses, if Allen/Dorsey don't workout the kinks, and/or if Diggs gets hot again, etc., and it ends up costing us, I see a lot of heat being directed at both McD and Beane.  

No need to abandon ship until she starts taking on water however.  :D   

GO BILLS!!!  

I will say, the MNF game vs. the Jets will be key.  If we win all will be fine.  If it's a good game both ways all will be OK.  But if we lose when we shouldn't, it's going to be a really bad harbinger.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

If they are working a trade, I would rather having them work a trade for a MLB that is better than we have than a QB2.  I'd rather not use assets on a backup qb.

both

7 hours ago, mrags said:

I can’t stand Edmunds. But I agree I’d rather have him at the contract he got than Ed with the contract he got. 

people will be in a tizzy about it but that’s on Beane and McD for not addressing the position properly. The undersized and underweight LBs they over drafted the last 2 years are not the problem. The FO and coaching staff thinking they could take Uber as MLB however is the problem.  I hope either one of them prove me wrong but I’m betting it won’t happen. 

One of the arguments about LBs we have was size. I was in on that from the old school thumper standpoint.

And was asking for one from FA.
Of course old school thumpers are no longer viable.

But we have these guys who seem to be more for running around instead of down.

Bills think they can create a Kuechly from thin air

and who was his counter punch again ? :)

MLB (lack of ) is going to haunt me , unless McBeanes has some really cool scheme they are keeping up their sleeve lol

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

very frustrating. Also, boogie was looking pretty good too. Why not try to ship AJE instead? (Maybe he tried).

disagree here. Basham was the pick for trade imo
AJ is a fine rotational DE who needs to work on holding the edge and squeezing the hashes tight for the LB to clean up

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There was much anticipation about Cody Ford at LG after his first TC too.   He and old man Ty Nsekhee were plowing defense's in the run game on the right side during that preseason.   Then later in the season Von Miller gave Cody props for his work at RT when he got moved there after Nsekhee injury.    Cody had so many fans they were defending the unnecessary PF penalty he took in the playoff loss like Cody was some hero robbed by the officials.   Turned out he was just a block head who couldn't block.    It's a bit too early to take a victory lap on O'Cyrus.

Its a bit too early to really have much of an opinion of Him at all

But we have to. And we will by gum !

Hopeful with that Kid.

lets see what the O line can do this year after a few games before we get a feel of the trajectory for this season

Kromer owes me at this point  lol

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

both

One of the arguments about LBs we have was size. I was in on that from the old school thumper standpoint.

And was asking for one from FA.
Of course old school thumpers are no longer viable.

But we have these guys who seem to be more for running around instead of down.

Bills think they can create a Kuechly from thin air

and who was his counter punch again ? :)

MLB (lack of ) is going to haunt me , unless McBeanes has some really cool scheme they are keeping up their sleeve lol

This is where I’m at. I don’t expect it. In fact I think many want it and we end up being disappointed in the end. But the thought of a 3 safety D geeks me out. If we don’t have a LB that can cover the size aspect then go with the next best thing. I’d be much more comfortable with 3S on the field against teams with weapons at TE or a team like NE that is going to have to run to be effective. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I do agree with 81
Beane was going after tools for Josh.
while taking a hit on D

Coaching will be everything this season on both sides !

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.