WGR speculating the Bills will make a trade

78thealltimegreat

Just now, mrags said:

the argument isn’t that people thought he would be bad. The argument is they were first round picks that were useless in the NFL. 

Wasn't my argument, sorry for any confusion.

My opinion: People over-rate Oliver, including this FO. I mean they signed the guy to another contract when he clearly didn't earn one.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Not living up to his draft position doesn't = not being an impactful player. 

He's a good, solid player.  He's not a star.

I look at other DTs from his draft class and tend to disagree with your opinion.

He's an average, undersized and underwhelming DT.

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Wasn't my argument, sorry for any confusion.

My opinion: People over-rate Oliver, including this FO. I mean they signed the guy to another contract when he clearly didn't earn one.

This I 100% agree with. 

I’ve never really been a huge fan of Edmunds. Especially for the contract he got. But honestly I’d rather have Edmunds at his contract and let Oliver go than the route we took. But everyone wants to give Beane and McDermott so much praise they can’t be wrong right. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

This I 100% agree with. 

I’ve never really been a huge fan of Edmunds. Especially for the contract he got. But honestly I’d rather have Edmunds at his contract and let Oliver go than the route we took. But everyone wants to give Beane and McDermott so much praise they can’t be wrong right. 

Exactly, for as much as people here over-rate oliver, they under-rate Edmunds.

Now that he's gone, everyone's knickers are twisted up about the MLB position. Would have been better off giving Ed's money to Edmunds.

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I look at other DTs from his draft class and tend to disagree with your opinion.

He's an average, undersized and underwhelming DT.

Not an unfair take.  But I think he's ranked in the top half at his position (not great, but solid), and one thing I noticed is that he was much more impactful when Von was playing.

Which isn't a great quality for a player to have. You want a guy who makes his own mark. But when he has good players around him, he makes impact plays.  He gets more than his share of TFL's.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Now that he's gone, everyone's knickers are twisted up about the MLB position. Would have been better off giving Ed's money to Edmunds.

There's a wide range of possibilities between re-sign Edmunds to a cap crippling contract and draft two OLB's to compete with backup MLB's. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Not at all surprised. Hopefully they get something decent in return.

It's gonna be like a 6th that can turn into a 5th based on playing time, I bet.

The "we could've had Creed Humphrey!" takes will never die...

22 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I can’t stand Edmunds. But I agree I’d rather have him at the contract he got than Ed with the contract he got. 

people will be in a tizzy about it but that’s on Beane and McD for not addressing the position properly. The undersized and underweight LBs they over drafted the last 2 years are not the problem. The FO and coaching staff thinking they could take Uber as MLB however is the problem.  I hope either one of them prove me wrong but I’m betting it won’t happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I can’t stand Edmunds. But I agree I’d rather have him at the contract he got than Ed with the contract he got. 

people will be in a tizzy about it but that’s on Beane and McD for not addressing the position properly. The undersized and underweight LBs they over drafted the last 2 years are not the problem. The FO and coaching staff thinking they could take Uber as MLB however is the problem.  I hope either one of them prove me wrong but I’m betting it won’t happen. 

Noooo… I want NO part of Edmunds at the contract he got versus Oliver at his, even if Oliver is a rotational DL. I’ve seen Eddie O take over games, albeit not many, but he has. Edmunds has had 1 game where I felt like he was all over the place. Oliver is better at his job than Edmunds was at his and is cheaper.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Noooo… I want NO part of Edmunds at the contract he got versus Oliver at his, even if Oliver is a rotational DL. I’ve seen Eddie O take over games, albeit not many, but he has. Edmunds has had 1 game where I felt like he was all over the place. Oliver is better at his job than Edmunds was at his and is cheaper.

I shouldn’t have to say it because I’m pretty sure my dislike for them has been noted here. but I can’t stand either of them. With that said I think MLB is more important and harder to find than DT. I’d go with the importance of the position in this case. But again, I can’t stand either of them. The EO pick made me ill and Edmunds I was excited about and has all the talent in the world but just Cabrera put it together. 

• Sad 1

I shouldn’t have to say it because I’m pretty sure my dislike for them has been noted here. but I can’t stand either of them. With that said I think MLB is more important and harder to find than DT. I’d go with the importance of the position in this case. But again, I can’t stand either of them. The EO pick made me ill and Edmunds I was excited about and has all the talent in the world but just Cabrera put it together. 

No GM views MLB as more important than DT.. except for maybe the Ravens and Bears.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Lol if the opposite signing was made you’d have the opposite opinion.  It’s so easy.

I think the inverse is true actually, which is also why top DTs get paid more than top MLBs. There’s no faster path to the QB than inside, so if you get a good one, they’re gonna get paid. I think Eddie O is a good player, just too inconsistent. He has too many games where he disappears and you wonder if he’s even playing. When he’s on, he’s on, but we need to see it more often. 

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

An off the ball linebacker who doesn't get to the QB is not more important or harder to find than a DT.

We have seen DT's go #1 overall in the draft because they can wreck a game plan faster than anyone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.