Notable cuts around the league

Desert Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Just last year, the Jets traded for Robinson after Breece Hall was injured and everyone thought it was a great move. Now he’s can’t crack the Giants roster as a 3rd stringer. Life does come at you fast.

Achilles injuries are a death blow for RB’s. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He was their 3rd round pick just two years ago. I remember he had his fans on here because of his elite speed. Turns out he couldn't do anything other than run fast.

In Dorsey’s “go for 40 yards on 3rd and 2” offense, another speedster may not be so bad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

25 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Buffalo born and Canisius high school grad Tyrone Wheatley, Jr.

That's, cool, but I'm less interested in that, than I am that he sounds like a good high-ceiling project at a position the Bills need and the Browns gave him up for only an anonymous RB.  We've got RBs to spare.  I wonder if Beane was trying to make this deal and just lost out.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Did not know that.  Interesting that he was born in Buffalo.

His dad was RB coach for us at one point. Lured to Michigan to coach and sway his son to sign there.

All of this is a faint memory and I'm only 67% sure of it. 

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

In Dorsey’s “go for 40 yards on 3rd and 2” offense, another speedster may not be so bad.

You forgot to mention Dorsey’s high scoring offense…but that is expected in your continual ***** posts.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Will Grier is intriguing…

Yeah cuz his stepmom is smokin…!!

image.jpeg.3bba40a315ca12eef83487746ba2c743.jpeg

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Giants released OT Julien Davenport. 32 career starts. 

Couple bone headed penalties and missed assignments last night. 

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Just last year, the Jets traded for Robinson after Breece Hall was injured and everyone thought it was a great move. Now he’s can’t crack the Giants roster as a 3rd stringer. Life does come at you fast.

Exhibit A of why RBs don’t get huge contracts. The slide can be fast and fatal. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Did not know that.  Interesting that he was born in Buffalo.

His dad was playing for the giants at the time. I wonder how he ended up being born here and if he grew up here or came back in high school. His parents have 5 kids together so it's not like a one nighter with a Buffalo girl. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He was their 3rd round pick just two years ago. I remember he had his fans on here because of his elite speed. Turns out he couldn't do anything other than run fast.

Even when he ran fast,  he quickly hurt himself too. 

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Look how far the actual situation got us…now we are stuck behind the 8 ball, with no solution in site…

At least, the other way we would have solved the position for years to come AND gotten value…👍

The NFL trade deadline is around week 8 which means you play at least half your gams without the player you traded away.

As everyone seems to agree that there's a huge hole at MLB, it doesn't seem like it would have been a good idea to trade away your starting MLB when you haven't made the playoffs... to say nothing about how far you would advance if you did make them.

This was a team gunning for the Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Does the pipe flow both ways?  😋

It's a pipeline, not a pipe. What are you smoking. 🙃

4 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

James Robinson

No one argues that Robinson isn't strong but I think there are legitimate concerns about his explosiveness and burst.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

His dad was playing for the giants at the time. I wonder how he ended up being born here and if he grew up here or came back in high school. His parents have 5 kids together so it's not like a one nighter with a Buffalo girl. 

I don't think that Jr. was born in Buffalo, but spent a few years here, as his dad was on Marrone's staff here, having followed Marrone from Syracuse

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

I liked him in Carolina. Not terrible. 

Really surprised he got cut before Peterdude. The kid they had out there last night looked every bit as good as Fields 😂. Ok, it’s against 3rd stringers etc, but he did look good.  I’m not sure what happened with Walker there, he’s looked pretty good in the past.

• Disagree 1

56 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The NFL trade deadline is around week 8 which means you play at least half your gams without the player you traded away.

As everyone seems to agree that there's a huge hole at MLB, it doesn't seem like it would have been a good idea to trade away your starting MLB when you haven't made the playoffs... to say nothing about how far you would advance if you did make them.

This was a team gunning for the Super Bowl.

It's a pipeline, not a pipe. What are you smoking. 🙃

I was for trading edmunds in the offseason, not at the trade deadline…That way it gave the team time to find a way to replace him, either in the draft or FA…👍

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsFooteball said:

Probably most intrigued I been in recent years on this topic. Understanding cap restraints I believe  tackle depth, backup QB, and MLB are real possibilities. MLB I’m really hopeful for because that’s one starting position that has to be addressed. I’m not comfortable (possible denial) saying the bills 2023 starting MLB is currently on the roster today 

This regime is frustrating at times. They don’t fill holes they should and continue to add D-Linemen and DBs.  Hopefully Kincaid turns out to be the #2 option but did you really need to give up a 4th to move up one spot?  They’re pretty sure they aren’t going to sign their Pro Bowl MLB so they use their 3rd Rnd pick on an OLB to add to the mix of an undrafted free agent (Dodson),  a journeyman (Klein) and 2022 3rd and 7th round picks (Bernard, Spector).  I foresee more long runs vs this defense this season.

48 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I actually love me some PJ Walker. Would 100% be on board with him being our #2

So, Peterman is still on their roster?  Just watch the Bills trade a 6th for him.

• Vomit 1

9 hours ago, T master said:

Are there any MLB's that have been cut that may be a get for the Bills ? 

I think it was a mistake to not get the 2 top LB's in the last draft especially seeing as they let Edmunds go . 

at least gettin something in FA

20 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

This regime is frustrating at times. They don’t fill holes they should and continue to add D-Linemen and DBs.  Hopefully Kincaid turns out to be the #2 option but did you really need to give up a 4th to move up one spot?  They’re pretty sure they aren’t going to sign their Pro Bowl MLB so they use their 3rd Rnd pick on an OLB to add to the mix of an undrafted free agent (Dodson),  a journeyman (Klein) and 2022 3rd and 7th round picks (Bernard, Spector).  I foresee more long runs vs this defense this season.

So, Peterman is still on their roster?  Just watch the Bills trade a 6th for him.

Yes they did need to move up because Dallas was on Kincaid like white on rice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.