Notable cuts around the league

Desert Bills Fan

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Browns released G Michael Dunn. 

Started the last two years.  Might not be a bad depth signing to go along with Bates

This I could see, but I’m not sure how much we are looking at guard at the moment. Definitely a depth type player and the experience certainly helps. Might find a better offer on a team like the Rams but I think they just traded for someone

3 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

This I could see, but I’m not sure how much we are looking at guard at the moment. Definitely a depth type player and the experience certainly helps. Might find a better offer on a team like the Rams but I think they just traded for someone

David Edwards had been a four year starter with the Rams when we added him. I think we're good at G with McGovern, Torrence, Bates and Edwards. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

To me this is the trade off of signing Rodgers.

Knight actually played pretty well at RB. Cheap contract. But no space for him after signing Cook. Much like there was no room for Moore at WR after adding Cobb and Lazard for higher salary. 

They have one...MAYBE 2 shots at doing anything with this roster before they have to rebuild again...with less money and less good players under cheap deals. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Buffalo tried to bring him in a couple years ago. He hasn't done much since but Beane does like to circle back. I'd keep an eye on this one...

Yeah. He’s tight with Poyer and Hyde. He’s probably on his Buffalo now. He’ll start week 1.

He’s not what he once was though. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

David Edwards had been a four year starter with the Rams when we added him. I think we're good at G with McGovern, Torrence, Bates and Edwards. 

Agree. Guard position on paper looks as good as it has in a couple decades. If Torrence keeps playing well and Bates slides to C next year, they will be solid up the middle for the next three years. Let's them invest in OT to replace Dawkins next year.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah. He’s tight with Poyer and Hyde. He’s probably on his Buffalo now. He’ll start week 1.

He is younger than I thought (only 30). Texans are making an active attempt to get younger. I mean he is a better veteran bet than AJ Klein I reckon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's not but what he is is a guy with experience at the back end of his career (read that as "shouldn't command a huge contract") and someone that Beane obviously liked before. It makes too much sense to me.

I also wouldn't be shocked if he is added after week 1 when vet contracts are no longer automatically guaranteed for the season.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s best friends with Micah Hyde and Poyer. It would make sense. Not sure they cut AJ. Spector likely to IR.

Spector costs more to IR than to cut ($25k).  He'd pass through waivers with his total of 6 career tackles right to the PS if they wanted him there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

To me this is the trade off of signing Rodgers.

Knight actually played pretty well at RB. Cheap contract. But no space for him after signing Cook. Much like there was no room for Moore at WR after adding Cobb and Lazard for higher salary. 

They have one...MAYBE 2 shots at doing anything with this roster before they have to rebuild again...with less money and less good players under cheap deals. 

No, this has to do with productivity. Knight had the chance last season to do his thing and he failed to do so, imo, so did Carter. This waiver has to do with others beating him put. Spin it however you want

43 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He HAS to be an upgrade from Dodson 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sounds good to go. Sounds like what Bean and McDermott would want to bring in.

DO IT NOW!!!!! 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't say this much as a Beane supporter, but Brandon needs to bring him to OBD in the next 48 hours.

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Do we have to wait to sign him or can it be done immediately?

He's a vet and can sign anywhere at any time.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I mean that tweet might as well have written by Kirksey's agent, but if he is indeed healthy it makes a lot of sense. At the very least I consider Kirksey to be a replacement level player. I can't say that for sure about our current options.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.