4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Kirksey   124 tackles, 3 sacks, 7 TFL,  7 QB hits, 2 INT  last season 

Better numbers last year  than Edmunds has had his entire Bills career 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, DJB said:

Kirksey is more suited to be a downhill run stuffing MLB. 

However he is still an upgrade over Klein and Dodson at that spot 

Yea he isn't a perfect fit by any means. But man I like his floor better than the floor of the guys we have in here.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he isn't a perfect fit by any means. But man I like his floor better than the floor of the guys we have in here.

The Bills were in on signing him a few years ago, and it really makes you wonder whether he was in contention to potentially succeed Edmunds.

I think he would be a better fit for the team than Dodson or Klein.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Browns released G Michael Dunn. 

Started the last two years.  Might not be a bad depth signing to go along with Bates

He started some games,  but he wasn't a starter.  He's decent, and can hold his own for a couple games if needed.  

36 minutes ago, DJB said:

Better numbers last year  than Edmunds has had his entire Bills career 

I’m sorry but this is one of the most brain dead posts. The way people go out of their way to bash edmunds is truly idiotic. Those numbers were on one of the worst defenses in the nfl. Edmunds played on consistently top 3 defense. I swear some of you have no idea what MLBs are supposed to do. 

but all the Edmunds are right.  That’s why this guy (solid player on bad teams) is getting released and edmunds is making $18 mil/ year.

this is starting to reek of the bigger bills fans ripping the Pats for signing that bum Gilmore to a big contract. Some of the dumbest takes ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m sorry but this is one of the most brain dead posts. The way people go out of their way to bash edmunds is truly idiotic. Those numbers were on one of the worst defenses in the nfl. Edmunds played on consistently top 3 defense. I swear some of you have no idea what MLBs are supposed to do. 

but all the Edmunds are right.  That’s why this guy (solid player on bad teams) is getting released and edmunds is making $18 mil/ year.

this is starting to reek of the bigger bills fans ripping the Pats for signing that bum Gilmore to a big contract. Some of the dumbest takes ever. 

I’ve been here long enough for posters to understand im primarily a parody account. 

Regardless though Edmunds never had great numbers with the Bills and that can’t be defended 

• Agree 1

Just now, DJB said:

I’ve been here long enough for posters to understand im primarily a parody account. 

Regardless though Edmunds never had great numbers with the Bills and that can’t be defended 

MLB of a consistently top 3 defense is the numbers that really matter. MLBs don’t blitz or rack up sacks. Guys who are good in coverage or have a reputation for if don’t get a chance to make a lot of picks. 

personally, I think TE was best suited as a OLB, which is much more instinctive position, and would have been one of the best in the nfl. But to act like he wasn’t a super important part of this defense is dumb. 

it’s why we are taking about getting guys off the scrap heap to replace him. 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

MLB of a consistently top 3 defense is the numbers that really matter. MLBs don’t blitz or rack up sacks. Guys who are good in coverage or have a reputation for if don’t get a chance to make a lot of picks. 

personally, I think TE was best suited as a OLB, which is much more instinctive position, and would have been one of the best in the nfl. But to act like he wasn’t a super important part of this defense is dumb. 

it’s why we are taking about getting guys off the scrap heap to replace him. 

Wait WHAT?

MLBs should be judged on the ranking of the defense they’re in?  Since when does a defense’s ranking depend on the quality of its middle backer, literally the least important position in a defense?

Good coverage MLBs don’t get to make many INTs?  This is mind-boggling.  You’re saying Edmunds’ lack of INTs is a result of his reputation for being such a ballhawk?  Now I’ve heard it all.

Edmunds would’ve been better off in a MORE instinctive position?  The guy’s biggest problem is his LACK of instincts.   Even when the Bills had him blitz he was epically unproductive.

These are some really odd takes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Wait WHAT?

MLBs should be judged on the ranking of the defense they’re in?  Since when does a defense’s ranking depend on the quality of its middle backer, literally the least important position in a defense?

Good coverage MLBs don’t get to make many INTs?  This is mind-boggling.  You’re saying Edmunds’ lack of INTs is a result of his reputation for being such a ballhawk?  Now I’ve heard it all.

Edmunds would’ve been better off in a MORE instinctive position?  The guy’s biggest problem is his LACK of instincts.   Even when the Bills had him blitz he was epically unproductive.

These are some really odd takes.

Can’t recall the number of times I wondered if edmunds had tennis rackets for hands when the ball came his way. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

OL Alex Leatherwood was cut by the Bears. He was previously cut by the Raiders after being drafted in the 1st round. I don't know what problems he is having but he was a VERY good LT at Alabama and he never got in any off field trouble that I am aware of.

For all I know he is a total bust. Getting cut twice would certainly indicate this. i don't even know if he is worth a look but if the Bills claim him, it might be interesting.

Leatherwood was the LT who threw the nice block in the famous pass in the title game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFpmYE4XOO0

Edited by Bill from NYC

22 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

OL Alex Leatherwood was cut by the Bears. He was previously cut by the Raiders after being drafted in the 1st round. I don't know what problems he is having but he was a VERY good LT at Alabama and he never got in any off field trouble that I am aware of.

For all I know he is a total bust. Getting cut twice would certainly indicate this. i don't even know if he is worth a look but if the Bills claim him, it might be interesting.

Leatherwood was the LT who threw the nice block in the famous pass in the title game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFpmYE4XOO0

Watch him sign with the Eagles PS and they develop him into a starting RT when Lane Johnson starts to decline.  I think a good coaching staff could turn him into a NFL player.  I say it's worth a shot on kicking the tires.  Use the winning culture get guys like this into the program and hopefully develop into something. 

Edited by YodaMan79
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.