Notable cuts around the league

Desert Bills Fan

43 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I was for trading edmunds in the offseason, not at the trade deadline…That way it gave the team time to find a way to replace him, either in the draft or FA…👍

It wasn't a realistic option.

Here's how it went down:

Bills had to make a decision on his 5th year option following the 2020 season despite Edmunds seemingly regressing during that season.

They picked it up in spring of 2021 at $13M guaranteed for 2022.

He didn't display any notable improvement in 2021.  

So nobody was trading anything of value for him after the 2021 season with a $13M fully guaranteed cap hit in 2022. 

• Agree 5

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Here's how it went down:

Bills had to make a decision on his 5th year option following the 2020 season despite Edmunds seemingly regressing during that season.

So nobody was trading anything of value for him after the 2021 season with a $13M fully guaranteed cap hit in 2022. 

Let me see if I have this straight.  No one was giving him 13M for one year but he lasted one day in FA and got 18*4?  He must have been phenomenal in 2022????????

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Let me see if I have this straight.  No one was giving him 13M for one year but he lasted one day in FA and got 18*4?  He must have been phenomenal in 2022????????

He was. It was easily the best year of his career lol

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, T master said:

Are there any MLB's that have been cut that may be a get for the Bills ? 

I think it was a mistake to not get the 2 top LB's in the last draft especially seeing as they let Edmunds go . 

So you were wanting us to trade up to #3 overall or #18 overall?  What would you want us to give for that?

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yes they did need to move up because Dallas was on Kincaid like white on rice. 

Did you know somebody in the Dallas war room?

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Wiki says he was born in Buffalo 

And this gives me a flashback to Michael Scott on an episode of The Office I watched recently.

Edited by BobbyC81

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Here's how it went down:

What I'd love to know is if Edmunds declined a similar contract last off-season to what the Bills gave Oliver this off-season.......or did the Bills not to want the same mistake twice?

11 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Who gets here first... Keenum or Hart?

Keenum by default, Hart can't come back.

Can he?

Our Oline is much improved.  We have to cut some decent back ups.  Hart can't come back or I will lose all faith in Beane or think Hart has something on Beane.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

His three-cone shuttle was not good.  not very twitchy for a slot.  

the spider chart halfwayhttps://www.4for4.com/2021/preseason/anthony-schwartz-low-risk-fantasy-flier-rookie down the page, for reference.

I think they’re similar because both were drafted on day 2 strictly because of their speed.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chris farley said:

All I know is a few years ago I drafted him on my madden season and he was nice on fly and flag routs.

Yeah, I always saw Schwartz as an outside fly route only type WR.  Zero wiggle

in his game. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, I always saw Schwartz as an outside fly route only type WR.  Zero wiggle

in his game. 

The only thing is he semi good at is end arounds.  And given that, teams started planning for it when he was on the field, so the end arounds weren't great either in the end.  He is crazy fast, but he has never been reliable on catching the ball.  Obviously a huge knock for a guy paid to catch the ball.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

The only thing is he semi good at is end arounds.  And given that, teams started planning for it when he was on the field, so the end arounds weren't great either in the end.  He is crazy fast, but he has never been reliable on catching the ball.  Obviously a huge knock for a guy paid to catch the ball.

Yeah, in college, they made it seem like he was a track guy playing football. Coaches are like the guy who starts dating the crazy woman - I can change her!

11 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

PJ Walker is not a good option. EWe could upgrade from Kyle Allen, but Walker would not be one

I was ready to go to war since I hate our backups (as qbs, very nice guys). And I remember Walker doing some good things. But you’re right. He has been Barkley level bad. More on ints than tds. 

still would take my chance with Walker over Barkley but he’s not a good option.

13 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

So they’re keeping the UDFA kid as the backup? Good for him.

No way they’re going to keep Peterman. 

Peterman has caught Goodell doing something shady in a back alley. How else do you explain this man still having a job? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeteNa00.htm

a nice guy for sure but he has a career rating of 39!!!! 39!!!! In the most passing friendliest era of football ever. 

39!!!! 😂😂😂

17 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Achilles injuries are a death blow for RB’s. 

It’s not 80s anymore. As a fellow torn Achilles survivor, you can come back from it. Cam Akers came back in like 5 months. 

16 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Buffalo born and Canisius high school grad Tyrone Wheatley, Jr.

Cansius is a nfl factory! 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

So you were wanting us to trade up to #3 overall or #18 overall?  What would you want us to give for that?

No there were 2 LB'ers in 2023 that i felt were more than able to fill the shoes of Edmunds . Campbell was taken early as you said #3 over all so that wasn't going to happen .

The other was Drew Sanders & he was there at both of the Bills 1st & 2nd round picks he didn't go until the 3rd round & being a top LB in the draft the Bills could have taken Kiinkaid in the first & Ocyrus in the second & put a package together to move up to get Sanders in the 3rd problem solved .

Sanders was about the same size as Edmunds & could cover just as good & maybe better with time & training . 

Or they could have paid Edmunds contract which was pretty much the same money as they paid Oliver & i feel that the money would be better spent on keeping Edmunds & packaged Oliver in a trade for additional picks . Oliver is a "decent D linemen" not extraordinary in any way & under sized .

If he was a undersized D linemen like John Randall then i'd be in but he's not a John Randall type he is a good player but lessor of a talent & although i think he will be a good player for the Bills the money could have been spent on a better prospect that would have more than a slightly above average upside .

JMHO ...

16 hours ago, benderbender said:

HOW? He's tricked more teams into signing him than the Kardashians' plastic surgeon has tricked NBA players.

I still think he can be an elite TE!!!

I also remember a picture of him and Rick jeanneret when he signed here. Seemed like a great dude who injuries took a toll on. 

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Anyone kicking the tires?

the guy comes from a good background, has an interesting story where he could have his sights set on off field hobbies but to me this only makes him more appealing in todays kind of league where he will not become oversaturated with football.

i'd like him.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Peterman has caught Goodell doing something shady in a back alley. How else do you explain this man still having a job? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeteNa00.htm

a nice guy for sure but he has a career rating of 39!!!! 39!!!! In the most passing friendliest era of football ever. 

39!!!! 😂😂😂

It’s not 80s anymore. As a fellow torn Achilles survivor, you can come back from it. Cam Akers came back in like 5 months. 

Cansius is a nfl factory! 

39?!  That is the most amazing stat on so many levels!

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

First round pick, has played 2 seasons and has now been cut by two different teams

How is that possible 

This guy was dominated at the Senior Bowl and I was praying the Bills would not take him.  I think the former commentator in Oakland grabbed him and I was ???

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Yet the Bills started this guy 4 times. How could the. Inches have watched this guy and started him? 

Well that was the beginning of Peterman's career.  The longer it goes and this badly is the amazing part.  But, yes, the Bill starting him 4 times was concerning.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.