Maddy Glab and other podcasters

TC in St. Louis

I keep up with Bills news through a few podcasts.  Joe Marino is my daily choice, but I also tune in to One Bills Live and Shout.  Are there others you can recommend?

I appreciate the enthusiasm of Maddy Glab...it's clear she loves this team and is quite knowledgable.  However, I prefer listening to Chris Brown and Steve Tasker.  The other day Maddy went on and on about Trey Lance, and the next day spent another 15 minutes or so talking about the 49'ers third backup.  It seems that the callers to that show know just as much as Maddy but sometimes she madsplains stuff we've already heard.

I also enjoy Bruce Nolan, who comes up with some strange yet effective analogies about the game of football.

Who else should I try?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I cannot stand listening to Maddy "Gab" on One Bills Live. Her research and writing are okay but she talks endlessly. I won't bother listening to any of her podcasts. 

She cant stop after ONE talking point; always has to spew every single piece of info on a subject. Can't make one GOOD point; wants to keep piling on every note she took on a player or subject.

Whoever she works for needs to teach her how to focus on QUALITY not QUANTITY. 

You can see Brown,Tasker and guests like Trapasso cringe while she babbles on and on.

This week I noticed she often talked for 5 minutes straight before giving Trapasso an opportunity to share. 

I go to the bathroom when she starts talking. Or switch the channel to sitcom reruns. When I get back to One Bills Live she is usually still talking 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 3

Never listen to One Bills Live. I know I'll be in the minority here but I enjoy the WGR stuff in podcast form. Can't listen live as the ads annoy me and they do talk about a lot of crap but I enjoy just picking from the topics.

Ross Tucker is okay, and Chris Simms now and then. Also I think Rich Eisen is okay

• Agree 4

Don't even think about saying anything negative about Maddy Glab on this board. I made that mistake once.  

Even if you are right, just don't say it....you will be sorry.

Her commentary is flawless and she is wonderful , wonderful girl.

I am a huge fan....

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 13

37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Don't even think about saying anything bad about Maddy Glab on this board. I made that mistake once, you will be sorry

She is wonderful 

I don't even think its about the content of your posts.  Honestly, you could say something like "Osama Bin Laden was not a very nice guy" and people would pile on you.  There is just something inherently objectionable about you.  

• Haha (+1) 5

39 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Don't even think about saying anything bad about Maddy Glab on this board. I made that mistake once, you will be sorry

She is wonderful 

I'll say it. If she is hosting the show, I turn it off. I don't think she provides anything of value, personally. It is a waste of time when she is on.

Locked On Bills and Cover 1 are my normal listens. I'll listen to OBL a couple of times a week. I do enjoy Steve Tasker and Chris Brown. I think they do a decent job, though they could improve their knowledge about other teams around the league.

I've listened to Shout and a few others, but have not enjoyed them as much. Plus at some point it gets a little repetitive because they are all kind of talking about the same things.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Never listen to One Bills Live. I know I'll be in the minority here but I enjoy the WGR stuff in podcast form. Can't listen live as the ads annoy me and they do talk about a lot of crap but I enjoy just picking from the topics.

Ross Tucker is okay, and Chris Simms now and then. Also I think Rich Eisen is okay

Yeah I agree on the podcast form, I roll around work with earphones disguised as safety earplugs and get 9 or so hours of Bills talk everyday.

I’m just a day behind because of the podcast format obviously but who cares, makes work tolerable.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Locked on is the best IMO.  Marino is super smart and gets his info out quick.  He’s also as objective as you can get for being Mafia. 

He has EXCELLENT knowledge of the league, players, and football in general. That really sets him apart. He does so much work with the draft every year, so he really knows the prospects well. Also, his overall views of the team pretty much align with mine, which is nice. I wish his podcast was longer, because I can't get enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Herb Nightly said:

I cannot stand listening to Maddy "Gab" on One Bills Live. Her research and writing are okay but she talks endlessly. I won't bother listening to any of her podcasts. 

She cant stop after ONE talking point; always has to spew every single piece of info on a subject. Can't make one GOOD point; wants to keep piling on every note she took on a player or subject.

You can see Brown,Tasker and guests like Trapasso cringe while she babbles on and on.

This week I noticed she often talked for 5 minutes straight before giving Trapasso an opportunity to share. 

I go to the bathroom when she starts talking. Or switch the channel to sitcom reruns. When I get back to One Bills Live she is usually still talking 

Which women don't talk too much? 😄

• Haha (+1) 2

Other than LOB with Marino I try to find podcasts that give outside perspectives on the Bills and other teams. I tend to focus on the other teams that matter most in the AFC or ones that I have an interest in. On that last note, I highly recommend The Playcallers 8 episode podcast series by The Athletic (no subscription needed). I am not through the whole thing, but it’s been fantastic so far.

6 minutes ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

Cover 1, Locked on, and Buffalo Plus.  Anyone watch that?  I like Mike Catalano, Dan and Jenna.   She's easy on the eyes also.  

Buffalo Plus is always a fun listen/watch between the three of them.

One that started this year is the "it's always game day in Buffalo" with Sal and Matt Bove.  I enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 2

Locked On is all you need, but I enjoy Bills Chat Josh as well.

Talbot is great, but Matt Parrino is a child in a man's body. He is both full of himself and insecure at the same time.

Bruce Nolan is an egotistical jerk.

PFT is a must listen daily, though not Bills-specific.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Don't even think about saying anything negative about Maddy Glab on this board. I made that mistake once.  

Even if you are right, just don't say it....you will be sorry.

Her commentary is flawless and she is wonderful 

I am a huge fan....

I don't even know who she is but she sounds like a very strong, independent person of whichever gender she chooses to identify as

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

I’ve never listened to Maddy Glab long enough to know any of this about her. lol

I can never get enough of Sneaky Joe saying "defense shmefense", "why would you run the ball when you average more yards per play passing than rushing" and other ridiculous things like "I think the D cook contract would have been terrible at the beginning of FA but since they were in TC that was good because "What else could they do with the money"".

I listen to Marino's podcast its a little dry but good content. I find cover1 hard to listen to but it is also good content wise.  Might check out Fina.....I also listen to Sal more than I want to but he is the best on WGR even though he is a homer.  Not a fan of Glabb and Brown but I do listen occasionally...I like Tasker, he just shoots from the hip but I get the feeling I am talking to my buddy....he does have real experience to draw on which he does.

Edited by Matt_In_NH

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Rich Eisen is best in the business.

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Good to see the misogyny in full bloom at TBD.  The hate rains down on female broadcasters not named Kay Adams or Cynthia Frelund.

Really, and what does Glabb provide of value for you? Have you listened?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.