Before Allen, Diggs, & Kelly era, there was 1st overall pick, Wall of Fame & HOFer OJ Simpson!

Chandler#81

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

“likely”???

Yes likely unless you were there to witness the event as it unfolded.  He will be judged by a more capable judge if you have faith in God or just believe in karma as a balance that has a one scientific reasoning that will one day be formulated by top researchers.  After all positive and negative ions exist.  KArma is the balance between the 2.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

“likely”???

Yes. More than “might have” and less than “did.” 

A jury of his peers saw all of the evidence and concluded that he was not guilty. 

Doesn’t mean you have to agree with it, most don’t. But you can’t say with 100% certainty. No one can except OJ, and maybe Kato. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

My dad was the Bills statistician that kept the rushing stats from their inception until he died in 1973. I can still hear him lamenting OJ’s “dancing on eggs” running style his first few years in the league and how OJ wasn’t gonna amount to much. Then 1972 happened and he started to change his tune. A shame my dad never got to see what came after that. 

No Bill, before or since, has ever created such a visceral reaction with the ball in his hands. You literally had the feeling he could take it to the house on every play. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Simpson's eyes tell the tale.

There are rare  videos out that see into his helmet at his eyes.

Those videos show his kinesthetic sense, which is the ability to read body language and move accordingly.

When he got in space, his eyes were always on the next guy. He already had the first guy beat.

Larry Byrd was similarly gifted. He could diagram every one of his team mates and the defenders on the way down the court.

A singularly amazing athlete.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

Yes likely unless you were there to witness the event as it unfolded.  He will be judged by a more capable judge if you have faith in God or just believe in karma as a balance that has a one scientific reasoning that will one day be formulated by top researchers.  After all positive and negative ions exist.  KArma is the balance between the 2.

Karma is part of a religious belief, it's not related to ionic bonding.

Maybe Newton's 3rd Law is where you're going with this in relation to karma. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

36 minutes ago, corta765 said:

He is also still looking for the murderer!

A true hero

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Karma is part of a religious belief, it's not related to ionic bonding.

Maybe Newton's 3rd Law is where you're going with this in relation to karma. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

A true hero

Well I do think people reap what they sow somewhat so I won't claim OJ is a victim here, just he was not proven to be the killer beyond a shadow of s doubt.  Just how it is. I didn't hear any beyond doubt evidence at trial.  Iß this even more of an issue of someone wealthy enough got enough taint on the evidence prosecutor collected.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

For the record, I’m convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt he did it. The jury though, found otherwise..

Two things sealed that case for the defense:

1. The police captain who led the investigation had previously spoken publicly against interracial marriage. When asked whether the police planted evidence, he took the Fifth. That's reasonable doubt right there.

2. The glove didn't fit. As soon as Johnnie Cochran made it rhyme, there was no chance for a conviction.

Honestly, I'm also 100% certain that he did it and I was pissed when the verdict came back not guilty, but I understand why and, in retrospect, if I were on the jury and heard that evidence, I'd probably have voted to acquit also. The prosecution was inept.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Two things sealed that case for the defense:

1. The police captain who led the investigation had previously spoken publicly against interracial marriage. When asked whether the police planted evidence, he took the Fifth. That's reasonable doubt right there.

2. The glove didn't fit. As soon as Johnnie Cochran made it rhyme, there was no chance for a conviction.

Honestly, I'm also 100% certain that he did it and I was pissed when the verdict came back not guilty, but I understand why and, in retrospect, if I were on the jury and heard that evidence, I'd probably have voted to acquit also. The prosecution was inept.

Prosecution was inept...

Except rick Rubin who was VP of aris isotoner gloves ... Who knew every single model ever made by the company over a hundred years

Said on stand that the glove used in the trial was shrunk.. not original size 

It was a model extra large that somehow became the size of barely a large.. of course it didn't fit OJ's hand anymore

Edited by Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Prosecution was inept...

Except rick Rubin who was VP of aris isotoner gloves ... Who knew every single model ever made by the company over a hundred years

Said on stand that the glove used in the trial was shrunk.. not original size 

It was a model extra large that somehow became the size of barely a large.. of course it didn't fit OJ's hand anymore

The glove was evidence submitted by the prosecution. If they knew it didn't fit, regardless of shrinkage, then they shouldn't have had him try it on in court. The visual (coupled with the rhyme) is a more powerful influence on the jury than an executive's testimony. 

I remember experts discussing the glove thing after it happened, saying that you should never ask a question of a witness unless you already know the answer and it works in your favor. I suppose it's possible that if the prosecution hadn't mentioned the glove, then the defense would have anyway, knowing that it didn't fit. But then they'd have to admit that a bloody glove was found in his car. 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The glove was evidence submitted by the prosecution. If they knew it didn't fit, regardless of shrinkage, then they shouldn't have had him try it on in court. The visual (coupled with the rhyme) is a more powerful influence on the jury than an executive's testimony. 

I remember experts discussing the glove thing after it happened, saying that you should never ask a question of a witness unless you already know the answer and it works in your favor. I suppose it's possible that if the prosecution hadn't mentioned the glove, then the defense would have anyway, knowing that it didn't fit. But then they'd have to admit that a bloody glove was found in his car. 

Well that's why the prosecution is inept...

People forget one glove was found at OJ's house... And the other glove at the crime scene iirc

It also wouldn't be hard to shrink the glove beforehand and leave it at the crime scene to purposely hide tracks 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Simpson's eyes tell the tale.

There are rare  videos out that see into his helmet at his eyes.

Those videos show his kinesthetic sense, which is the ability to read body language and move accordingly.

When he got in space, his eyes were always on the next guy. He already had the first guy beat.

Larry Byrd was similarly gifted. He could diagram every one of his team mates and the defenders on the way down the court.

A singularly amazing athlete.

He said he wore short sleeves in any weather, because it help him feel where the tacklers were.  

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

He put Buffalo on the global sports front page. Despite the horrific crime he likely committed much later in life, he was absolutely MUST SEE tv! Here’s a great video compilation of his Buffalo Bill on field exploits.

He sliced and diced better than any RB in the NFL history. Lol

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

BleakEarlyIberianchiffchaff-size_restric

2 hours ago, julian said:

2000+ yards in 14 games in an era where defenses were built to stop the run.

its absolutely ridiculous.

I believe the Bills as a team passed for less than 1000 yards that year.  Think about that... 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

He put Buffalo on the global sports front page. Despite the horrific crime he likely committed much later in life, he was absolutely MUST SEE tv! Here’s a great video compilation of his Buffalo Bill on field exploits.

And because the Bills of that era had the worst coaches in the history of professional football, OJ didn't really even get started until his fourth year in the league.  He would have been an incredible WR in todays game... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.