Bills have least player arrests since 2000

StHustle

Credit to Facebook page "Second Take" for the info. Nice to see our beloved team is tied for least amount of players getting into legal trouble. 

Screenshot-20230809-194129.png

This list also shows that at least in the last quarter century or so, Cowboys and Raiders have gotten a bad wrap. Although I do agree they are more willing than most teams to sign players AFTER they have gotten in legal trouble but those players have not reoffended for the most part.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, StHustle said:

Credit to Facebook page "Second Take" for the info. Nice to see our beloved team is tied for least amount of players getting into legal trouble. 

Screenshot-20230809-194129.png

This list also shows that at least in the last quarter century or so, Cowboys and Raiders have gotten a bad wrap. Although I do agree they are more willing than most teams to sign players AFTER they have gotten in legal trouble but those players have not reoffended for the most part.

This is unacceptable. I will not stand to be behind the Dolphins and Jets and TIED WITH THE PATRIOTS?!?! 

Boys better step their game up now. Get to work Beane! 

10 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

something something . . . Applebees

Haha

7 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

A better game is name all 20…

That would be hard...

Travis Henry

Marshawn Lynch (did that count as an arrest?)

James Hardy

OJ Simpson

16 minutes ago, Manther said:

Haha

That would be hard...

Travis Henry

Marshawn Lynch (did that count as an arrest?)

James Hardy

OJ Simpson

Do former players count?

For that matter, does arrested but not charged count ?

Ed Oliver was arrested for DWI and weapon charges but charges were dropped. 

Marcell Dareus - couple arrests. Weed (synthetic) and drag racing right?

Zay Jones - jumping through windows naked while fighting his brother 

Cyrus Koundijo (spelling) - didn't he have a breakdown and was wandering around near the 400? I f orget if that was an arrest or not

Was Shady ever arrested for anything ? His posse had that run in with an off duty cop in Philly. Can't remember if there was an arrest. There was also all that ugliness with his ex-GF

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Do former players count?

For that matter, does arrested but not charged count ?

Ed Oliver was arrested for DWI and weapon charges but charges were dropped. 

Marcell Dareus - couple arrests. Weed (synthetic) and drag racing right?

Zay Jones - jumping through windows naked while fighting his brother 

Cyrus Koundijo (spelling) - didn't he have a breakdown and was wandering around near the 400? I f orget if that was an arrest or not

Was Shady ever arrested for anything ? His posse had that run in with an off duty cop in Philly. Can't remember if there was an arrest. There was also all that ugliness with his ex-GF

Cory McIntyre (former FB) arrested for exposing his frank and berries in an old woman's window and fleeing on bicycle may be my personal favorite.

There's a bunch of the arrests in the story below as well.

https://wyrk.com/buffalo-bills-arrested/

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Cory McIntyre (former FB) arrested for exposing his frank and berries in an old woman's window and fleeing on bicycle may be my personal favorite.

There's a bunch of the arrests in the story below as well.

https://wyrk.com/buffalo-bills-arrested/

McIntyre is a good one!

That link is awesome. How could I forgot about Incognito going bat ***** insane ? And I have no memory of Donte Twitner being arrested...TWICE

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Did they count Corey McIntyre?  That dude was done wrong. 

Best part of the article here:

"Another possible suspect has been arrested in a similar case, police said. That man weighs about 150 pounds, while McIntyre is nearly 260 pounds of chiseled muscle."

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/free-willy-bills-player-cleared-of-*****-charges/1839798/

• Haha (+1) 1

As a company, the NFL has had hundreds of it employees arrested since 2000, I wouldn’t be surprised if the total count is in the thousands since it’s inception, can you imagine if this was Starbucks, or REI, the blow back would shut down those  companies, but not the NFL, those guys are really good at diffusing the bad press, 😂

7 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

McIntyre is a good one!

That link is awesome. How could I forgot about Incognito going bat ***** insane ? And I have no memory of Donte Twitner being arrested...TWICE

DON’T TAZE ME, BRO

Stupid stats. Dumb take. 

Merely 13 arrests over 23 yrs separates top and bottom on rosters 90 people. First or last is statistically irrelevant. 

Only thing this thread proves?

we need the season to start !!!

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

As a company, the NFL has had hundreds of it employees arrested since 2000, I wouldn’t be surprised if the total count is in the thousands since it’s inception, can you imagine if this was Starbucks, or REI, the blow back would shut down those  companies, but not the NFL, those guys are really good at diffusing the bad press, 😂

How do you know Starbucks doesn’t have more? 
Last I read the arrest rate for 20 year old men was less in the NFL than the general population. 

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

How do you know Starbucks doesn’t have more? 
Last I read the arrest rate for 20 year old men was less in the NFL than the general population. 

Not talking about the general population, I’m talking about corporations / businesses, in this case the NFL, REI, and Starbucks. Again, not the general population.  

• Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This needs to change to get some respect.  Get the obvious camp bodies to fly to KC and punch Jackson Mahomes in the face….30 straight days a different player. Bills Mafia will raise money for their bales.

I am not sure what kind of bales will help.  Hay? Cotton? Alfalfa?  It will be a lot of trouble to stack them up to help get them out of windows.

It would be nice to see the list separated by murders, rapes, stabbings, manslaughters, et all vs. DUIs, possession, nude jaywalking, etc. 

Some random stats:

• The NFL has the most arrests and domestic abuse cases. 
  • According to the FBI, the NFL arrest rate is 1 in 45. For context, the national average for non-players is 1 in 23.
  • The NBA has the highest number of felons.
  • The NHL has the fewest arrests.
  • WR Chad Johnson spent 30 days in jail for slapping the butt of his lawyer.
  • WR Plaxico Burress spent two years in prison for shooting HIMSELF
  • RB Najeh Davenport was charged with pooping in a girl's hamper. 
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.