Best The Bills Backup QB's

boyst

Because this is very objective we will specifically make it as in rank the best QB to backup Josh Allen.

Rate your top 2 backup QB's you'd want behind Josh. If you want to do them as an entire ranking, be my guest. As part of the hypothetical, these QB's would be at their peak.

1) Kyle Allen

2) Matt Barkley

3) Davis Webb

4) Case Keenum

5) Mitch Trubisky

6) Derek Anderson

7) Nate "the GOAT" Peterman

😎 Joe Webb

9) EJ Manuel

10) Cardale Jones 

11) Matt Cassell

12) Kevin Colb (edit: his name would matter if he didn't get his ass kicked by a rubber mat)

13) Matt Leinert

14) Vince Young

15) Honorary Buffalo Bills John Skelton

For bonus points: how many games in a 4 game stretch do you think they could win?

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1)  case keenum

2)  matt leinert

at least each has shown that he CAN be what a starting QB is supposed to be.  Even though Leinert's was in college.   For whatever reason, leinert didnt continue to develop it. 

Edited by maddenboy

First of all, its KOLB, not COLB. That's all I've got so far!

Trubisky and Kyle Allen because their style pf play is similar to Josh's.

The schedule is tough but with this roster, I think either could eke out 2 of 4 wins.

If they had to play longer than that, the league would figure them out and the season would be sunk.

43 minutes ago, boyst said:

Because this is very objective we will specifically make it as in rank the best QB to backup Josh Allen.

Rate your top 2 backup QB's you'd want behind Josh. If you want to do them as an entire ranking, be my guest. As part of the hypothetical, these QB's would be at their peak.

1) Kyle Allen

2) Matt Barkley

3) Davis Webb

4) Case Keenum

5) Mitch Trubisky

6) Derek Anderson

😎 Joe Webb

9) EJ Manuel

10) Cardale Jones 

11) Matt Cassell

12) Kevin Colb (edit: his name would matter if he didn't get his ass kicked by a rubber mat)

13) Matt Leinert

14) Vince Young

For bonus points: how many games in a 4 game stretch do you think they could win?

Why is Fitz not on the list?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

see next 

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean the 2 best by far were Orton and Fitz. I’m not sure I understand the list. It’s just any Bills backups lately or?

Orton and Fitz were starters. Manuel was never a bona fide starter so i included him.

this was going back to 2015 for any non-regular starting QB besides Manuel.

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

You’re trippin saying “these QBs would be at their peak” then ranking Vince Young that low. Can’t be serious!

i should have made that clear.

i simply went through rosters going back to 205 (i think)

7 hours ago, StHustle said:

ok I that wasn’t made clear to me from the post. Following the rules I’d say

1) Vince Toung

2) Case Keenum

Vince Young had a few years peaking. EJ Manuel had a few games where he peaked. It's a tough list. Keenum at his peak is better than Trubisky at his average.

I must go back a bit further in history for my #1 choice - Dan Manucci! We were completely dead in the water if Joe Ferguson had to be out of the lineup in the early 80's with this guy as our #2. 

Seriously though - Fitz must be the best back-up option in more recent years - with Frank Reich being the obvious best back-up QB in team history.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, boyst said:

1) Kyle Allen

2) Matt Barkley

3) Davis Webb

4) Case Keenum

5) Mitch Trubisky

6) Derek Anderson

😎 Joe Webb

9) EJ Manuel

10) Cardale Jones 

11) Matt Cassell

13) Matt Leinert

14) Vince Young

At their peak? 

1. Case Keenum (he wasn't at his peak when he was here so he wouldn't be my top ranked on performance here); 

2. Probably Mitch Trubisky

At his peak with this roster given an average 4 game run Case could go 3-1. Trubisky 2-2. 

• Like (+1) 1

It has to be Mitch.    Given that the game plan is tailored for Josh, he's the only one with the closest skill set across the board.

I'd like Fitz also just because the guy will go down fighting.

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

When was he primarily a backup for the Bills in the last 10 years?

I went 10 years back and listed all available backup QB's and a few that were briefly rostered.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.