HC/QB combo the Bills are #8. (Colin Cowherd clickbait)

Gregg

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I have issues with numbers 3 and 4, but everything else seems fair.

I think it's more about McDermott. Everybody remembers 13 seconds. All the regular season wins are great, but people remember the playoff failures.

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I think it's more about McDermott. Everybody remembers 13 seconds. All the regular season wins are great, but people remember the playoff failures.

Oh absolutely it is the coach that drops us to 8, and also the HCs in 3, 4, and 5 that have them that high.

Josh is a top-3 QB. To be listed here at 8 only means one thing. And I think that's fair given McD's performance.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Y’all realize this is clickbait right?

• Eyeroll 2

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I have issues with numbers 3 and 4, but everything else seems fair.

I ain't wasting clicks on this. Who was 3 and 4?

Without looking

1) Reid/mahomes

2) burrow/coach

I can mix the top 5 rounded up with 

Tua/McDaniel because Tua can be good and McDaniel is a good coordinator

Hurts and his coach because they win

Stafford and mcvay because they won

Outside of that I like cousins and his coach, and San fran with whoever they play. 

Edited by boyst

• Simon changed the title to HC/QB combo the Bills are #8. (Colin Cowherd clickbait)
25 minutes ago, boyst said:

I ain't wasting clicks on this. Who was 3 and 4?

Without looking

1) Reid/mahomes

2) burrow/coach

I can mix the top 5 rounded up with 

Tua/McDaniel because Tua can be good and McDaniel is a good coordinator

Hurts and his coach because they win

Stafford and mcvay because they won

Outside of that I like cousins and his coach, and San fran with whoever they play. 

I didnt click, but the big board is visible in the youtube preview in the first post.

1. Reid/Mahomes

2. McVay/Stafford

3. Payton/Wilson

4. Pederson/Lawrence

5. Harbaugh/Jackson

6. Burrow

7. Hurts

8. McD/Allen

9. Dallas

10. Miami

my naming convention went out the window because i got sick of typing and thinking of names. dont @ me. 😜

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I didnt click, but the big board is visible in the youtube preview in the first post.

1. Reid/Mahomes

2. McVay/Stafford

3. Payton/Wilson

4. Pederson/Lawrence

5. Harbaugh/Jackson

6. Burrow

7. Hurts

8. McD/Allen

9. Dallas

10. Miami

my naming convention went out the window because i got sick of typing and thinking of names. dont @ me. 😜

Yeah that list is f***** up

28 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

1. Reid/Mahomes

2. McVay/Stafford

3. Payton/Wilson

4. Pederson/Lawrence

5. Harbaugh/Jackson

6. Burrow

7. Hurts

8. McD/Allen

9. Dallas

10. Miami

IMO #2, 3, 4, & 5 all have big question marks. 

Is Stafford even a top 15 QB. McVay is a media darling, did win one SB but overall record isn't that great.

Maybe all the issues with Wilson were on Hackett and he'll bounce back, but Peytons ov erall record also wasn't that great, won 1 SB all the years with Brees at QB

Lawrence looks to be the real deal, but Pederson got run out of Philly quickly after winning SB as wheels all fell off.

Can Jackson stay healthy and even if he does, how good of a QB is he when he needs to throw.  Harbaugh is a good coach, but wouldn't call him great.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I stopped watching him after a few minutes of listening to Jason McIntyre.  That dude is a complete fool.  Truly can’t believe cowherd brought him on. What a joke 

Yeah his incessant jet fanboy routine is beyond annoying.  Joy Taylor was at least somewhat impartial. 

This is an interesting discussion given the averaged pairings and projections. Just throwing darts - Allen is a top 4-5 QB and McDermott is a top 10-12 head coach. Easy to nitpick, but the rankings seem reasonable.

Edited by Airseven

7 hours ago, boyst said:

Great point on OConnell and Cousins. I dont think they're great but they did pretty well last year and certainly deserve to be in the top 10 over Payton/Wilson.

I think #2 is the hardest spot to decide on. I guess I'd stay with the Rams because of McVay and what Stafford was.

1. Reid/Mahomes

2. McVay/Stafford

3. Taylor/Burrow

4. Siriani/Hurts

5. McD/Allen

6. OConnell/Cousins

7. Harbaugh/Jackson

8. Pederson/Lawrence

9. McCarthy/Prescott

Then it's tough because you have some great coaches with bad QBs (Belichick, Shanahan, Carroll) and good QBs with meh coaches (Rodgers, Herbert).

I'm obviously not a McDaniel/Tua fan.

Might give 10 to Campbell/Goff just to get myself clicks, haha.

Tomlin/Pickett is one to watch but the kid aint there yet.

Dont even bother with any part of the NFC South.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

1-7 all have a QB or coach that has been to a Super Bowl.  The top 5 features guys who have won a Super Bowl.

It's rough to rank, honestly.  Personally, I'd rather have Pederson than McDermott, but I don't know if I'd put the combo of Pederson/Lawrence above McD/Allen just yet.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Q: What’s the last resort of a McDermott defender?

A: “ok well then who else would you want to be head coach!”

Remember this list next time you say that or someone says it to you. 

2 coaches ahead of him on this list were hired recently. That’s not including Daboll or other young coaches that are having success. 

Who takes Colin seriously?. He creates a narrative that a defensive minded coach won’t be able to beat the offensive geniuses in the league(Reid, Payton, McVay, Pederson, Taylor). Naturally, when the Bills beat the Chiefs until we gagged up the game in the final 13 seconds, and then beat them the next season, we were 1st on his herd hierarchy for most of the first half of 2022, until Dorsey struggled calling plays. Colin considered Sean one of the best coaches in the game until the Bills ran out of gas last season. If we win a few games coming out of the gate, look for the Josh/Sean combo to be featured on the “Where Colin was wrong” segment. He’s just a guy that throws a lot of sensational nonsense on the wall, hoping something works out.

17 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

How bad is McCorkle? He has the GOAT coach and can't even crack the top 10?

As long as people don’t realize Brady drove the success train people will continue to overhype Hoodie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.