Training Camp opens today! 2023 Season is upon us!

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, mrags said:

All good. I was really just looking out. Didn’t want you to make the mistake of posting an old tweet. Once I saw the pic I could tell it wasn’t today in Rochester. Honestly thought maybe the original tweeter screwed up. Or was attempting to fool someone. 

Nah, me bad.  Thanks for looking out!

45 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Spencer Brown was an actual cone per the data.

So if Brown isn’t a cone this year, which he’s shown the ability to do in the past, we’re possibly a top-10 unit as opposed to bottom 10?

Beane still didn’t do enough. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  I say only a 70% chance Bates starts more so because I think Edwards could step in and beat him out, rather than Torrance.

my hope is (and all bills fans hope is), that Torrance turns out to be better than expected and hits the ground running.  It’s just unlikely 

Opening the season against Rodgers and the division rival Jets seems to me, like it may shape the opening roster a bit.  

Given how conservative our staff seems to be with experienced guys, I'm not sure they're going to be very willing to throw Bernard/Williams out there against Rodgers or a rookie RG out there against one of the best DL's in the NFL.  

I'm hoping they do, but if I'm guessing on day 1 of camp... Bates starts the season at RG and Dodson at MLB, with Rapp coming in on passing downs.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Loved that the Bills were able to snag Kincaid in the draft....never thought he would still be available.

Really psyched to see to what levels he can take this already powerful Bills Offense!!

Unbelievable really.  He's a match up nightmare with great natural ability. Him and Knox will cause nightmares for defenses for years to come. Best TE duo since Gronk and Hernandez

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

So if Brown isn’t a cone this year, which he’s shown the ability to do in the past, we’re possibly a top-10 unit as opposed to bottom 10?

I think our OL potential is absolutely a Top 10 unit. 

Potential though..

Depth is great, but in terms of starters.   Dawkins and Morse have consistently above-average ability, with McGovern and Bates having average to above-average potential.  If Brown becomes, at least, average... this is a Top 10 unit. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Opening the season against Rodgers and the division rival Jets seems to me, like it may shape the opening roster a bit.  

Given how conservative our staff seems to be with experienced guys, I'm not sure they're going to be very willing to throw Bernard/Williams out there against Rodgers or a rookie RG out there against one of the best DL's in the NFL.  

I'm hoping they do, but if I'm guessing on day 1 of camp... Bates starts the season at RG and Dodson at MLB, with Rapp coming in on passing downs.  

Dodson at MLB is ridiculous. He is not good at anything. At least the smurfs should be able to run.

Torrence needs to be a day 1 starter. They need him to start all year so he is solid by playoff time.

Bates should be utility back up at every spot. He should be first off the bench in case of injury for all 5 spots. Maybe if Snell looks good he could be primary backup at RT. 

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  I say only a 70% chance Bates starts more so because I think Edwards could step in and beat him out, rather than Torrance.

my hope is (and all bills fans hope is), that Torrance turns out to be better than expected and hits the ground running.  It’s just unlikely 

That's a fair view in my opinion. 

However, just to point out when he transferred to Florida last year he was placed with the 3rd team offense and worked/earned his way to the starting spot. Now, granted Bates/Edwards are likely stiffer competition than he faced then, but I wouldn't say it's out of the question for sure that he leap frogs them. Will definitely be one of the best camp battles this year IMO.

In any event I feel we are MUCH deeper at IOL this year then heading to camp last year and that's a huge positive.

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Dodson at MLB is ridiculous. He is not good at anything. At least the smurfs should be able to run.

Torrence needs to be a day 1 starter. They need him to start all year so he is solid by playoff time.

Bates should be utility back up at every spot. He should be first off the bench in case of injury for all 5 spots. Maybe if Snell looks good he could be primary backup at RT. 

Don't disagree. 

I'd give Torrence every opportunity to win the starting RG spot with Bates as utility backup.  Same with Bernard or Williams to beat out Dodson and live with the growing pains.  I'd start Elam at CB2 and stop playing games.  

I just don't know that this staff will... especially with opening the season against the Jets. 

29 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Misfire my ass. Something tells me that ball went right where Josh was aiming.  Thad probably said or did something to piss him off.  

Part of me (maybe a big part to be honest) wants this to be true.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No it’s not. Dodson way better and natural fill and stuff run plays. Go watch his at Miami game I think 2-3 years ago when edmunds out. There was a tv blackout for the first half - He flashed 

3 minutes ago, balln said:

No it’s not. Dodson way better and natural fill and stuff run plays. Go watch his at Miami game I think 2-3 years ago when edmunds out. There was a tv blackout for the first half - He flashed 

I think the poster is butt hurt we lost edmunds and didn’t draft jack campbell…🙄

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

We just had a MLB that left after 5 years. How many SBs did we make?  Meanwhile…we addressed the offense for once and that could be the piece that gets us over the top. I highly doubt we will be looking back at the end of the year saying…if we just had Edmunds there to make that tackle it could have ended differently. 

You literally said it. Come on…

I wasn't advocating keeping Edmunds. He wasn't worth that kind of money. You are really missing the point here.

The Bills have a huge void to fill here. There seems to be a big drop up after him. His replacement really needs to improve their game. Sure it's possible. 

You are mitigating the position imho. That position is the signal caller and the QB of the defense. The middle of the D is important. That's why Edmunds got paid. Good teams will take advantage of this weakness if it exist. 

The Bills had to make tough decisions. We will see how it plays out. 

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Shell from Sea will challenge him for that starting spot. 

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No way he will be ready week 1. 

It'll be unlikely. I'd say within the first 4 games.  I don't remember White being this active last year 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I wasn't advocating keeping Edmunds. He wasn't worth that kind of money. You are really missing the point here.

The Bills have a huge void to fill here. There seems to be a big drop up after him. His replacement really needs to improve their game. Sure it's possible. 

You are mitigating the position imho. That position is the signal caller and the QB of the defense. The middle of the D is important. That's why Edmunds got paid. Good teams will take advantage of this weakness if it exist. 

The Bills had to make tough decisions. We will see how it plays out. 

We were 4-0 with Dodson last year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Regarding the offense wins championships discussion.  I agree- offense is the most important aspect of the game at the moment, but in most cases, you still have to field a solid defense and coordinate great game plans if you want to win a lombardi

The rams held burrow to 20. 

The Bucs held Mahomes to 9

The chiefs held the niners to 20

The pats held the rams to 3

the last 10 super bowls- the winning defenses held their opponents to 20 or under in 6 of those games.  

more recently- the winning defenses held their opponents to 20 or less in 4 of the last  5.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Regarding the offense wins championships discussion.  I agree- offense is the most important aspect of the game at the moment, but in most cases, you still have to field a solid defense and coordinate great game plans if you want to win a lombardi

the last 10 super bowls- the winning defenses held their opponents to 20 or under in 6 of those games.  

more recently- the winning defenses held their opponents to 20 or less in 4 of the last  5.  

If you score, you may win.

If they don't score, you won't lose.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is encouraging. Not week to week. Day to day. Maybe the genetic freak will do it again.

I played offensive line in college - tore my ACL in fall camp (August) and was ready for spring ball (April).  Granted I was a fat guy that didn’t have to cut (and I was 20 years old), but I think it’s not unreasonable he “could” go week 1.  Coaching/training staff may want to slow play it though.

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Anyone catch what the running back depth chart looks like and if we ran some heavy formations?

sounds like cook is w the 1s and harris w the 2s

and mixing gilliam in there probably as hback w the 1s as well so maybe on going heavy but not sure if both tes were out there

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, balln said:

Being better than Edmunds at run stopping is no hard feat. 

He's a liability in coverage. 

Sadly I'm not sure any of the three MLB options on the team are good. My guess is we will see Milano at MLB in passing down and distance situations and one of the small guys at OLB. 

I agree Dodson is probably the best run stopping MLB so he may see more snaps than last year. I dont think I've ever seen MLB by committee before but I think taht may be what we see for the first several games. Maybe after that one guy will emerge.

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Being better than Edmunds at run stopping is no hard feat. 

He's a liability in coverage. 

Sadly I'm not sure any of the three MLB options on the team are good. My guess is we will see Milano at MLB in passing down and distance situations and one of the small guys at OLB. 

I agree Dodson is probably the best run stopping MLB so he may see more snaps than last year. I dont think I've ever seen MLB by committee before but I think taht may be what we see for the first several games. Maybe after that one guy will emerge.

I think we will see a lot of milano and rupp, just a hunch. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah you def need to have a good d to win when it matters. The issue with us before this past offseason is the bills tried to “get by” on offense while loading up on d with premium assets. Meanwhile, the same defense was the reason we lost the 13 second debacle. I just feel like a great offense is always going to find a way. 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is encouraging. Not week to week. Day to day. Maybe the genetic freak will do it again.

Wow. Incredible. I said this earlier that I see him going week 1. 

Von was having an amazing year overall,  he's a handful for OT and someone teams have to gameplan for during week. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.