4 Bills named to Top 100 players

Chandler#81

• Chandler#81 changed the title to 4 Bills named to Top 100 players

Poyer and Milano are both popular players with the fan base here. I really like them, too. Apparently, Hyde has abilities that are less visual, less apparent to the unwashed masses. I'm glad to see him get the attention. I like his play, too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

It is CBS's Top 100 and the article linked actually had wrong CBS page linked.  Here is direct one.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/top-10-position-by-position-rankings-for-2023-nfl-season-breakdowns-of-the-best-qbs-rbs-wrs-and-more/

For Top 25 (25 and under, no rookies) list no Bills were included.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/top-10-position-by-position-rankings-for-2023-nfl-season-breakdowns-of-the-best-qbs-rbs-wrs-and-more/

The Jersey J E S T Jest Jest Jest have 3,

Edited by Limeaid
typo

13 minutes ago, Process said:

Milano is without question our best player on defense 

Absolute steal at the 5th round and one of the most well rounded LBs in the league. Milano was one of the only ones who actually showed up against Cinci. I’m excited to see him play behind an upgraded defensive line. 

17 minutes ago, Process said:

Milano is without question our best player on defense 

A healthy Von is probably the best, but durability is everything.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Absolute steal at the 5th round and one of the most well rounded LBs in the league. Milano was one of the only ones who actually showed up against Cinci. I’m excited to see him play behind an upgraded defensive line. 

Milano worked in the offseason on his "center" with a martial arts instructor and it showed.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It is CBS's Top 100 and the article linked actually had wrong CBS page linked.  He is direct one.

For Top 25 (25 and under, no rookies) list no Bills were included.

The Jersey J E S T Jest Jest Jest have 3,

Soon Kincaid will be on that list…👍

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Chas56 said:

Poyer and Milano are both popular players with the fan base here. I really like them, too. Apparently, Hyde has abilities that are less visual, less apparent to the unwashed masses. I'm glad to see him get the attention. I like his play, too.

Hey, I wash every day, damn it. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 7/1/2023 at 3:32 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Hyde, Von, Stefon and Josh -@ #2

Milano and Poyer receive Honorable Mention.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/lists/cbs-sports-buffalo-bills-nfl-top-100-josh-allen-stefon-diggs-von-miller/

Sorry as much as I love Hyde and Von they shouldn’t be on the list.  Milano absolutely should be on there.  

• Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Sorry as much as I love Hyde and Von they shouldn’t be on the list.  Milano absolutely should be on there.  

Von was averaging almost a sack a game and our past rush went to zero after he got hurt...all on one of the leagues top defenses...not sure why you feel he shouldn't be on there.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

There’s a lot of players that will compete for defensive MVP this season: Kaiir Elam, Tre White, Poyer & Hyde, whoever replaces Edmunds, Jaquan Johnson, Groot, Ed, Leonard Floyd, Von and Milano all have a shot at it, imho…..  The interior DL won’t have the numbers Milano will have but could be more important to the defense…. We are blessed as football fans again this year. Things could be so much worse…..

Can our Safeties hold up?

Can KD be a big time OC?

These are the biggest questions facing the Bills this offseason….

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, StHustle said:

Von was averaging almost a sack a game and our past rush went to zero after he got hurt...all on one of the leagues top defenses...not sure why you feel he shouldn't be on there.

Because He only played half the season. Same with Micah, great player but when you miss extended time you shouldn’t be on the list imo.

8 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Because He only played half the season. Same with Micah, great player but when you miss extended time you shouldn’t be on the list imo.

It's a list of players heading into the 2023 season.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

He got hurt at the end of November. The sample size was large enough. Plus the list is forecasting what the players will do this upcoming season. Does his name on the list make sense now?

14 hours ago, Beast said:

If only we kept the punt god.

Don’t get them started. It’s like the bat signal.

You mention a punter around Bills fans and it’s like someone fluffed them for the past hour.

Punters

Lol.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

The average team has 3 players on that list.  We're supposed to have a great roster yet only have 4 - just one above average.  Something seems off.  

The Chiefs just won a Super Bowl, and they only have 5 on the list. 

If we kept Edmunds, we'd also have 5. 

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

The Chiefs just won a Super Bowl, and they only have 5 on the list. 

If we kept Edmunds, we'd also have 5. 

I thinks it’s more that our ‘Big 3’ are so exceptional, they dwarf every other team as well as teammates. We have the Leagues very best Safety tandem  in over a decade, an All Pro at OLB, perennial PBer at LT and a DL that’s the envy of the the game. A pressure-tested PK and an under rated Center. 
We’re Damn good!

On 7/3/2023 at 11:27 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

Don’t get them started. It’s like the bat signal.

You mention a punter around Bills fans and it’s like someone fluffed them for the past hour.

Punters

Lol.

punter in British English

noun

1.                   a person who places a bet

2.  informal-  any member of the public, esp when a customer,  ex. the punters flock into the sales

3.  slang-   a prostitute's client

4.  slang-    a victim of a confidence trickster (con man)

I keep seeing on other teams boards, sorry to lazy to look for a link, that Milano is a dirty player. I can never figure out how anyone could ever come to that conclusion. He is so far from dirty. 

seen it a lot on the Fins board. Probably because he trucked Tua. 

36 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

But are we better than the Chiefs? There are 32 teams in the league, all with a couple good players. To have 4-5 players on there is definitely not something to scoff at.

Not gonna lie, I feel like these types of things are closer to a "participation trophy" than anything.

Similar to being the better team on paper; at any point, in any game, something could change the way the rest of the season plays out.

It's a nice individual accolade but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, SRQ_BillsFan said:

I keep seeing on other teams boards, sorry to lazy to look for a link, that Milano is a dirty player. I can never figure out how anyone could ever come to that conclusion. He is so far from dirty. 

I don’t remember ever seeing him called that.  As a Chiefs fan, I’ve never thought of him as a dirty player.

9 hours ago, SRQ_BillsFan said:

Milano smashed Mike White!  That was the toughest, meanest, legal tackle I’ve ever seen.  Mike Stratton approves.

Milano is a playmaking beast!  But I’ve never seen Milano play dirty.  He pushed Tua pretty hard- but hey, it’s the NFL

7 hours ago, Billl said:

I don’t remember ever seeing him called that.  As a Chiefs fan, I’ve never thought of him as a dirty player.

Chefs fans are cool in person.  Chef boards are ***** though.  I was reading some Bills threads there- it was mostly drivel trashing Bills, not a lot of insightful discussion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.