Eat Crow: Your most embarrassing Bills opinions

Mikie2times

33 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I thought so too, until he actually was given a chance.  Week 16 2009 v the Falcons.  Worst QB performance in team history until peterman came along. 

He just didn't have enough time to prepare. He didn't have enough help around him...um..I think he had a bit of a stomach bug that day...errr....I also heard he had knocked up a waitress the week before and was distracted.

Just wait. He'll be back🤣🤣🤣

I never saw the "it" factor some people seem to have seen in Edwards, but I totally thought J.P. Losman was the next franchise QB. There's part of me that still thinks that with better coaching, he'd have at least been a decent NFL starter.

"I've never had to eat crow, I'm always right about everything"  as said below by....

• Einstein - Did you know a crow's IQ is equivalent to a 7 year old child's?  My nickname as an infant was Crow
  • BullBuchanan - **** a crow
  • newcam2012 - I think I cover up my passive aggressive shots towards the Bills and no one notices them
  • nextmanup - A crow is smarter than McDermott.
  •  Teef - I have nice hair because I put olive oil in it

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, eball said:

If you are a true “fan” and not just a casual observer of your team you are always going to be optimistic and hope for the best — and obviously many of those hopes will not be realized.  The definitions of fan and fanatic suggest that this exercise is a positive one — being an ardent, uncritical admirer.

I often wonder if those who piss and moan about everything and bash players and coaches are actually fans at all, or if criticizing the team simply gives unhappy people an outlet for releasing their pent up frustrations.

As a fan I’ve hoped and wished for many good things to happen for the Buffalo Bills.  More often than not I’ve wound up disappointed.  When you know you can’t control a situation, however, you don’t let it impact your life in negative ways.

My most embarrassing Bills opinion ever is that for a moment I thought OJ’s son might have committed the murders and OJ was covering up for him.  THAT’s how much of a fan I am.

Cheers and Go Bills!

I firmly believe that most that have criticism and bash everything care more about being right than being hopeful.

Let's face it, in the NFL more players don't become stars than do. If someone universally bashes every player and every move statistically they are right way more than wrong. 

Speaking for myself, I can say I spent way too much of my more youthful days obsessed over the Bills winning a Super Bowl than not. With age comes a different point of view for some and now at least in my aging eyes it's truly not about "winning it all" as much. As you say, that's out of my control. I don't get a ring if the Bills in it all anyway. What I can control is my enjoyment factor. For home games...did I have fun? Was the tailgating good? Did I enjoy the company of my friends and family that were there? For road games was the gathering a good time? Life really isn't long and while the euphoria of seeing the Bills win a Lombardi would be amazing...life is more about living in the moment you are in. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

If you are a true “fan” and not just a casual observer of your team you are always going to be optimistic and hope for the best — and obviously many of those hopes will not be realized.  The definitions of fan and fanatic suggest that this exercise is a positive one — being an ardent, uncritical admirer.

I often wonder if those who piss and moan about everything and bash players and coaches are actually fans at all, or if criticizing the team simply gives unhappy people an outlet for releasing their pent up frustrations.

As a fan I’ve hoped and wished for many good things to happen for the Buffalo Bills.  More often than not I’ve wound up disappointed.  When you know you can’t control a situation, however, you don’t let it impact your life in negative ways.

My most embarrassing Bills opinion ever is that for a moment I thought OJ’s son might have committed the murders and OJ was covering up for him.  THAT’s how much of a fan I am.

Cheers and Go Bills!

As the years have gone on, I hope for the best and expect the worst. Expecting the worst brings out the negative feelings and criticism. But it makes the losses and failures hurt a little less. 

Man, so many.  It's a little depressing going back through them.

Some highlights:  Todd Collins would seamlessly continue the Bills' reign over the AFC.  Trent Edwards & Tuel were both hidden gems and steals for the Bills.  Orton was exactly the QB we needed.  I loved the trade for Watkins.  I thought Whaley was a visionary.  Loved the "gutty" Maybin pick.  They just go on & on.  

It's not easy being a homer.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I bought the Donte Whitner jersey in his rookie year, custom 🤣

2 hours ago, Prospector said:

I thought Von Miller was an undersized one trick pony, and he would be washed out of the league in 4 years

He was....only you misspelled his name, it's Corey Moore

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.