Dalton Kincaid stats this year

Dan in Owego

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well first of all, Kincaid isn't ever going to be "starting over Knox." They will have different roles in the offense. Kincaid is going to be the starting big slot from day one.

As for earning his playing time, he is reportedly already earning 1st team reps and a decent target share from Allen in OTAs. He isn't going to platoon as a rookie, he is going to have a substantial role in the offense from day one.

I don’t understand why every Bills fan doesn’t see this.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You mean like when they drafted a CB in round 1 last year who played less than their 6th round CB and a previous 7th round CB?

If only there was a logical and well discussed reason why that happened. But that can't be. Nope. Every single situation is exactly the same. Again, brilliant.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He isn't small or slow. Pop quiz - which non-QB has given the Bills the most trouble over the past three seasons?

Melvin Ingram? 🤣

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it’ll be more about Kincaid than Dorsey. Josh Allen is a veteran elite franchise QB. If he trusts Kincaid then Kincaid will get targets.

2 TE’s won’t be traditional 2 TE sets. Knox and Kincaid will be playing completely different positions. Knox is a Y and Kincaid is a F. Kincaid will be more of a slot WR.

I'm not yet convinced we see Kincaid in the slot that often. I am trying to curb my enthusiasm!

Kincaid is going to compete for targets with Shakir,  Harty,Sherforth, maybe Davis. I'm okay with adding him to the mix gradually.

13 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

Want some thoughts on projection of numbers on our number one pick. I am bullish on him for some obvious reasons, and admittedly some homerish reasons as well. 

750 yards

8 touchdowns

Any one want to take an early June shot at this?

TBH I think his stats will be modest.  I can’t remember a rookie skill player on offense ever really stepping up from the start.   Gabe Davis…kind of?  Motor?   Just hoping he can be an asset in the red zone 

I’m going with 35 receptions 420 yards 4 TD’s

I would be THRILLED if come January we are talking about how valuable both Knox and Kincaid are to this offense.....

I really would not be surprised to see Knox have a hell of a year.  He had a lot of personal stuff going on last year, time (typically ) heals, and with many folks competition brings out the best in them.

Dorsey is the  spoon that has to stir the drink...He really needs to show what he is worth this year

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

You didn’t let me respond!

If he doesn’t hit the over on all three, I win 200? That’s easy money lol

Yup-  31 catches, 375 yards, 1 TD.  13 games played minimum. I got the over on all 3.  My $200 to your $50

14 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

Want some thoughts on projection of numbers on our number one pick. I am bullish on him for some obvious reasons, and admittedly some homerish reasons as well. 

750 yards

8 touchdowns

I would like to suggest bigger type numbers, but knowing how UTTERLY CONSERVATIVE McDermott is and how reluctant they are to play "new guys" I am guessing he just won't see the ball very much...which probably be yet another tactical error on McDermott's part.

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hines? Hines was a late in season addition who’s been a backup RB his entire career.

Mighty defensive, aren't we?

Hines averages about 50 rec per year for his career as a "backup".  He had 11 total touches in 9 games as a Bill.  Inexcusable.

20 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Mighty defensive, aren't we?

Hines averages about 50 rec per year for his career as a "backup".  He had 11 total touches in 9 games as a Bill.  Inexcusable.

He came to the team week 10? Had Singletary and Cook at RB as well.

Inexcusable how? You have to take someone out to put someone in.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea I was being tongue in cheek

716, I know that.  I was kidding back with you.  DK2 is too early to tell.  Rookie TE’s usually don’t pan out to too much, but it is 2023.  Pitts had a big first year, but he wasn’t just a 1st, he was the ATL offense. and has more speed than DK2.

I think because he could morph into the slot option around 500-600 yards, but he’ll be sharing with the OG DK, and there is more from Cook on top of Diggs and Davis.

I’m just patient in waiting until we see it.  Remember last year when the McKenzie hype after Crowder went down went on steroids.

12 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

716, I know that.  I was kidding back with you.  DK2 is too early to tell.  Rookie TE’s usually don’t pan out to too much, but it is 2023.  Pitts had a big first year, but he wasn’t just a 1st, he was the ATL offense. and has more speed than DK2.

I think because he could morph into the slot option around 500-600 yards, but he’ll be sharing with the OG DK, and there is more from Cook on top of Diggs and Davis.

I’m just patient in waiting until we see it.  Remember last year when the McKenzie hype after Crowder went down went on steroids.

I never thought McKenzie would be the slot answer 

Kincaid may not go for 850 yards this season but his size , fluidity and speed should make him an early mismatch 

56 catches 715 yards 6 TDs

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Kincaid may not go for 850 yards this season but his size , fluidity and speed should make him an early mismatch 

716, I like you’re optimism, but consider 800-900 for Davis and based on last year with a bad ankle, another 1500 for Diggs as always, probably 400-500 for the OG DK, and don’t forget Cook is probably much more inserted in the passing game, so another 300 or so.

If you’re right brother, I’m more than happy.  I just think it’s a lot for a rookie TE.  Heck, Kittle had about 500 his rookie year, and Kelce had almost nothing his rookie year but year 2 800 or so yards.  Then again he’s also the GOAT of TE’s, so that’s like comparing Oliver to Aaron Donald.

Im sticking with 500-600, but hope you’re the correct one.

24 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

59 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea I was being tongue in cheek

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Hey 716, stop aiming to shoot the dog.  

Don’t you think he’ll have a good year?

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

212 catches 

2648 yards

33 TDs

7 kickoff return TDs

4 rushing tds

125 yards passing 

3 passing TDs

Quit fooling around, you two.  That's how people get hurt.

• Haha (+1) 2

I think Kincaid's pass-catching stats may not be a great indicator of his impact this year.  Snaps may be his most important stat. 

Other than Diggs, it's been a long time since the Bills had a second receiver who might be a threat anywhere on the field, which could put pressure on the secondary and force them to hesitate.  The biggest beneficiaries of Kincaid's presence may be Diggs, Davis, and possibly Knox. 

If Kincaid averages 30+ snaps, then the schemes might be working. The Bills' offense might be cooking if it's more than 40-45. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

750 yards

8 touchdowns

That would be an excellent outcome for Kincaid...........but that largely just replaces what Beasley was doing from the slot in 2021..........and it still leaves Davis as the second option.   Which is not good unless he improves dramatically at catching both contested and uncontested passes.

I'd say the over-under on Kincaid should be:

38 catches

420 yards

4 TD

With rookies,  how quickly they adapt to the league is always an unknown but the receivers don't tend to start producing until the second half of their rookie season.   And I am always a bit more concerned with injuries to rookies..........learning to stay healthy in the pro's is a skill that has to be developed, IMO.

Like I said with Gabe going into last year.........they need their second option to be an efficient receiver who can average 65-70 yards per game.

They can do it a different way and have a bunch of guys putting up 500+ yard seasons or split the WR2 like with Sanders/Gabe in 2021(though that still wasn't ideal production).   To expect to beat the teams with two WR1's at the top of their depth chart I think you at least want a defined, highly efficient, high producing #2 option.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Isn't it odd the predictions that most are posting is about (give or take a little) what Lil' Dirty actually did and most wanted him gone?🤔

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Isn't it odd the predictions that most are posting is about (give or take a little) what Lil' Dirty actually did and most wanted him gone?🤔

Listen I’m probably the most levelheaded guy on this board… I have strong opinions

But I understand how the game of football works being employed in it

McKenzie has value… He’s able to return kicks and punts … He can run a few routes well… You can hand him off the ball

He’s more of a football player than a wide receiver

But now that our roster is loaded compared to four years ago… His value is slightly diminished

Hines … Can return kicks and punts and take a couple of jet sweep a game

McKenzie lacked nuances as a technical route runner… He could run away from man coverage based on pure physicality… But could not find the soft spots in the zone

And that really hurt Allen’s confidence

McKenzie is a great team guy … but Allen needs more consistency which he didn’t bring do to his limitations 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I suspect that the belief is that Kincaid will catch around 80% of the passes thrown to him and drop basically nothing.............because at worst, that's his rep.

Lil' Dummy dropped a ghastly 9% of the passes thrown his way in addition to his general stupidity and lack of range/catch radius and accountability etc..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.