Josh Allen Achieves Childhood Dream - (Josh Allen to be Madden 2024 Cover Reported on Twitter)

Chaos

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well to be fair click bait journalism is huge and you can’t trust nothing until it happens 

Man up and own your blunder.  To be fair, obnoxius posts like your original one are everywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Man up and own your blunder.  To be fair, obnoxius posts like your original one are everywhere. 

Man up? Lol it’s a message board and my opinion 

take a chill pill dude because you sound obnoxious 

Edited by Buffalo716

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

We are cursed anyway.  What does the curse do, specifically?  If it reverses fortunes of successful, lucky teams, might it invert our bad luck to good?

Exactly my thought. When you’re a team that’s already cursed (Wide Right, Music City Miracle, 17-year-drought, 13 seconds, Damar Hamlin) this acts to reverse the curse. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

If our Bills weren’t the already cursed Bills who lost 4 straight super bowls, “lost” because of the music city miracle, 13 seconds away from being the Super Bowl favorites in the classic KC fiasco then I may be a little worried. But this may just be the icing on the cake for finally getting us over the SB hump…Go Josh and Go Bills! 

I may actually buy my first madden game in the past 10 years

• Chaos changed the title to Josh Allen Achieves Childhood Dream - (Josh Allen to be Madden 2024 Cover Reported on Twitter)
On 5/31/2023 at 8:34 PM, PoBills33 said:

Madden is a disgrace of a football game at this point.  Don't really care.  At  least the Madden curse is mostly not a thing anymore.

Hope there is some power to madden curse because the curse will just negate and cancel out the Buffalo curse and viola Allen and fans in picture are blessed with a Lombardi. 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

LFG

and, hi 

Wait...is this some kind of joke?! 😄

[I just mentioned you in the Murph thread two days ago...positive thoughts worked! Glad you're back!!]

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Never a need for question marks. 

Shall I change the title to “Yolo is home”

I see what you did there!

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I really like the cover photo.

Not only is Josh on it, but he's surrounded by Bills fans!  Couldn't be better.

I love you, Josh Allen!

This is the perfect way for Allen and the Bills to be on the cover of Madden.  

Look kids, it’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s SUPER ALLEN leaping tall fans in a single bound.

To get that TD, I heard he leaped over Ray Lewis, and stiff armed Deon Sanders skinny little ars into the ground!

22 hours ago, Warcodered said:

LOVE this cover, unfortunately, from what I've seen it looks like the Deluxe version is digital only.  Hope I'm wrong about that, if not, I'll be having my son photoshop this cover for the sleeve.  LOL

On 6/6/2023 at 4:19 PM, Buffalo716 said:

you are just so far behind no matter how good that game was

Even the gameplay is light years behind the new one

I just watched the trailer for 24 on YouTube and all the top comments are basically jokes about how it’s the same game since 2012 but with new celebration animations added yearly.

Some of my favorite features in 2005:

-defense is a focal point, and the game isn’t as tilted towards the pass

-55 man rosters

-players can progress up to 8 times per season (training camp, preseason, week 5, week 11, week 17, and up to three more times in the postseason)

-the Tony Bruno Show, plus weekly newspaper coverage, game plans, and email updates

-coach progression occurs yearly

-retired players can become coaches

-you can create your own plays

-drafting is literally a crap shoot; at times this can be really annoying, but otoh it makes developing players with potential very rewarding

-you can import draft classes from NCAA 2005

-the AI teams make some interesting trades between themselves, and they generally drive a very hard bargain with you outside of a couple anomalies (e.g., the 1st round pick of a team with a 5-0 record is considered more valuable to the AI than if the team had an 0-5 record)

-generous salary cap increases really help certain AI teams stay competitive for years

-you can develop almost any strong-armed QB you draft into a starter after 3 seasons on the bench, then trade them for picks, and in doing so you can guarantee that most AI teams will have solid play at the position for years; the league average starting QB rating in my current franchise is 91

-team morale and prestige are key factors to success; a roster with too much talent can actually cause problems for weaker coaches

-custom stadiums can be built and teams can be relocated (even overseas)

-unique stadium food (e.g., wings) and Fan Appreciation Day gifts (e.g., Buffalo Nickels, Niagara Falls Barrels)

-default gameplay is admittedly atrocious, but adjusting the AI Assist sliders can create surprisingly realistic gameplay, including game management by the AI

-the Redskins are still the Redskins

Edited by Capco

A curse can't be a part-time curse.  The "curse of the Bambino" was broken the minute the Red Sox won a World Series.  It didn't linger around after that - it doesn't just get all cursey when it's in the mood.

There have been several players over the past decade who had great seasons and even won Super Bowls after being on the cover.  That ain't a curse, and if there was one previously, it's OVER now.

I hope this small primer on the nature of curses has helped.  Josh Allen is winning the Super Bowl this season (sorry - jinxes don't exist either).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Capco said:

I just watched the trailer for 24 on YouTube and all the top comments are basically jokes about how it’s the same game since 2012 but with new celebration animations added yearly.

Some of my favorite features in 2005:

-defense is a focal point, and the game isn’t as tilted towards the pass

-55 man rosters

-players can progress up to 8 times per season (training camp, preseason, week 5, week 11, week 17, and up to three more times in the postseason)

-the Tony Bruno Show, plus weekly newspaper coverage, game plans, and email updates

-coach progression occurs yearly

-retired players can become coaches

-you can create your own plays

-drafting is literally a crap shoot; at times this can be really annoying, but otoh it makes developing players with potential very rewarding

-you can import draft classes from NCAA 2005

-the AI teams make some interesting trades between themselves, and they generally drive a very hard bargain with you outside of a couple anomalies (e.g., the 1st round pick of a team with a 5-0 record is considered more valuable to the AI than if the team had an 0-5 record)

-generous salary cap increases really help certain AI teams stay competitive for years

-you can develop almost any strong-armed QB you draft into a starter after 3 seasons on the bench, then trade them for picks, and in doing so you can guarantee that most AI teams will have solid play at the position for years; the league average starting QB rating in my current franchise is 91

-team morale and prestige are key factors to success; a roster with too much talent can actually cause problems for weaker coaches

-custom stadiums can be built and teams can be relocated (even overseas)

-unique stadium food (e.g., wings) and Fan Appreciation Day gifts (e.g., Buffalo Nickels, Niagara Falls Barrels)

-default gameplay is admittedly atrocious, but adjusting the AI Assist sliders can create surprisingly realistic gameplay, including game management by the AI

-the Redskins are still the Redskins

Listen it’s great you still have nostalgia for the game

I still have that game also and have played it recently

I’m sorry but it does not hold a candle to the new Madden’s after 17 years of progress

No matter how many little things the old game has it doesn’t make up for it… The new games are just too far ahead With processing power and graphics and yes gameplay

With the new college football game next year you will be able to export draft class again… Drafting is actually a crapshoot in madden 23… retired players also become coaches and now players constantly progress or regress throughout the year

The one thing that is constant with Madden..  Is there’s a certain segment who hates it and just goes online to talk trash about it And how much better it was lol

Edited by Buffalo716

18 hours ago, Success said:

A curse can't be a part-time curse.  The "curse of the Bambino" was broken the minute the Red Sox won a World Series.  It didn't linger around after that - it doesn't just get all cursey when it's in the mood.

There have been several players over the past decade who had great seasons and even won Super Bowls after being on the cover.  That ain't a curse, and if there was one previously, it's OVER now.

I hope this small primer on the nature of curses has helped.  Josh Allen is winning the Super Bowl this season (sorry - jinxes don't exist either).

The "Madden Curse" was always a pretty iffy idea, even for superstitious people. 

Yes there are some players who got hurt or played poorly after being featured on the cover.  But have always plenty of guys who played great, even back in the earliest days.  Ray Lewis for example was a 1st Team All-Pro the same year he was on the game.  Calvin Johnson set the receiving yardage record.  Patrick Mahomes won the Super Bowl.  If you actually take a look, more guys have continued to have injury-free Pro-Bowl level seasons than suffered from the so-called curse.

Here is a list of each cover athlete:

https://www.si.com/fantasy/2021/06/17/history-madden-nfl-curse

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.