London Updated

corta765

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That was my thought.  We are staying by the London Bridge. It’s a long enough ride from there to begin with. I was thinking that I’d have a car take us right from there to the airport. 

I assume you mean your own transport from your hotel to Gatwick? Uber is always an option, but it's quite the trek out to Gatwick depending on traffic. What day are you doing it because it can take 2 hours sometimes by car to get to Gatwick, getting out of London?

2 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I assume you mean your own transport from your hotel to Gatwick? Uber is always an option, but it's quite the trek out to Gatwick depending on traffic. What day are you doing it because it can take 2 hours sometimes by car to get to Gatwick, getting out of London?

Monday

I was thinking of bringing all of our stuff out to Stonehenge and going right from there. It may not work but that was the thought.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Monday

I was thinking of bringing all of our stuff out to Stonehenge and going right from there. It may not work but that was the thought.

Yea I'd hire a car for the day and try and do so off a firm who have a depot at Gatwick. That way you can drive out early morning to Windsor, then go on to Bath and Stonehenge and never need to come back in to London to get to Gatwick (can just go across the bottom on the M25). 

If you want to go IN to Windsor Castle your issue is it doesn't open until 10. Say you got in at 10, came out at about 11.30 and dove to Bath.... that is about 1hr 45... so you are in Bath at 1.15pm. You could have lunch, wander round Bath for a bit... leave there at 3.30pm drive to Stonehenge... that is about an hour. You are there at half 4, walk around and see it for half an hour (there isn't a ton to see) and then jump back in the car at 5 and head to Gatwick you should be there for about 6.45..... but that relies on not much traffic holding you up and it is TIGHT. 

The other way is you hire a car and leave early (like 7am) and drive the 2 hours or so from London straight to Stonehenge.... and then you could start your sightseeing there at say 9am and then hop up to Bath have an earlier lunch then do Windsor Castle last.... (think it closes at 5 but you'd need to be in there by say 3....) and then head to Gatwick. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

We had a driver pick us up at our Rome hotel at 6am and he drove us to Sorrento, which is about a 3 hour drive. We left him to kill time there and took a boat with a few other couples (one guy in a Bills shirt, and we immediately hit it off) to take a lap around Capri then spend the day there.  The driver was a great guy and he killed time until we were done, showing us the sights coming and going. We didn’t get back to the hotel in Rome until about 10pm. LONG day, longer than anyone expected. His tip went way up when we realized that we could not have accomplished that without some local help.

Sometimes you just have to pay to make it happen, or go to plan B. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just landed about an hour ago, heading into London now. We flew out of Dulles yesterday evening, and tons of Bills fans on the plane and at the airport upon arrival. Can't wait to get in and around the city.

Edited by 716
  • Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, BritBill said:

Clark Griswold and family left London and stopped off at Stonehenge on their way to the airport. Lord knows which airport they were off to.

It's been a few decades since I lived in the UK, not too far from Stonehenge in fact, so I wasn't aware of the new development of Plymouth International Airport. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Tubes are running fine.  Once you get to London it will be fun.  

AirBnB isn't what it used to be

What channel is the TNF Football game on?

I got in just about 24 hours ago and took the Heathrow Express to Paddington then a short walk to the hotel. The walk gave me time to dry off. It was hot as  hell on the train and everyone stripped down as much as they could, but we were all sweating buckets! I’ve come out of the shower with my hair less wet. We then stepped out into 50-something degree weather which was an initial relief, but then a bit brisk. It was easy, but certainly not comfortable.  Enough whining….

Our car was about 80% in Bills gear, then there was one nice young couple in Jags gear. This gave me two main thoughts:

1) I LOVE how Bills fans travel! There are other teams that travel well, but nobody is better than Bills fans. 

2) I wish opposing fans could get along in a stadium as well as they do on a hot train. Unfortunately, you add alcohol and the heat of battle, and things turn sad too often. Let’s all go have fun and behave, win or lose. It is, after all, a game. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I got in just about 24 hours ago and took the Heathrow Express to Paddington then a short walk to the hotel. The walk gave me time to dry off. It was hot as  hell on the train and everyone stripped down as much as they could, but we were all sweating buckets! I’ve come out of the shower with my hair less wet. We then stepped out into 50-something degree weather which was an initial relief, but then a bit brisk. It was easy, but certainly not comfortable.  Enough whining….

Our car was about 80% in Bills gear, then there was one nice young couple in Jags gear. This gave me two main thoughts:

1) I LOVE how Bills fans travel! There are other teams that travel well, but nobody is better than Bills fans. 

2) I wish opposing fans could get along in a stadium as well as they do on a hot train. Unfortunately, you add alcohol and the heat of battle, and things turn sad too often. Let’s all go have fun and behave, win or lose. It is, after all, a game. 

Yea it appears like most of our rail network just starts blasting the heating on as soon as the calendar hits October, regardless of the actual weather. And the inverse applies from the first week of April. Can be 7 or 8 degrees celsius outside and the train pumps out air con at you. 

Been in town for about 29 hours now and there are Bills fans everywhere. So cool to see. 

Edit: if you have time to do the Churchill War Rooms tour it’s a must-do. Unbelievable what that time must have been like. 

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Been in town for about 29 hours now and there are Bills fans everywhere. So cool to see. 

Edit: if you have time to do the Churchill War Rooms tour it’s a must-do. Unbelievable what that time must have been like. 

I'm not there for the game 😭 but there's some really good airfares for early next year, so we are hoping to take a quick trip. I will definitely check this out (hadn't heard of it before) ... thanks for the tip!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, eball said:

So jealous. We need a thread just to capture Bills Mafia's London invasion in pics and video! 

Please share! 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, BritBill said:

How much you charge them?

We're about to leave for the airport, arrive Heatrow tomorrow morning. 

Are you and Gunner both meeting us there and taking us to our hotel?  Or just one of you? 🤣

Thanks to you both for all your contributions to this thread.

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Was there a final list of Bills backer pubs for Saturday night? 

BritBill posted this a few days ago.  He told it was all he knew but there may other info.

Hey guys, a little info for you:

Hi everyone! Welcome to both our British and American Bills families as they arrive in London for the game! This is an event for any Bills fans who didn't / couldn't purchase tickets to the Fitzrovia Belle for the Saturday and Sunday Bills parties. Feel free to share this event with family and friends. We're looking forward to turning Tottenham Court Road blue!

The plan:
Please arrive OUTSIDE of the Fitzerovia Belle Pub in Central London at 6PM on SATURDAY, OCT. 7TH and between 7-9PM SUNDAY, OCT. 8TH. On both dates, the PRIMARY sponsored pub for Bills Stragglers will be TCR BAR (183 Tottenham Ct Rd., W1T 7PE). The OVERFLOW bars will be THE COURT (108a Tottenham Ct Rd., W1T 5AA), and THE CARPENTERS ARMS (SAT ONLY) (68-70 Whitfield St., W1T 4EY). All three bars have outdoor terraces.

On SUNDAY, we are setting up a pub for the stragglers to meet up before the game. Please keep your eyes peeled here, in Stragglers WhatsApp, and on FB for updates on this.

Speaking of WhatsApp - if you wish to join the Stragglers WhatsApp group, follow: https://chat.whatsapp.com/LsDQkstGpIl8hgm5pafNSV

It goes without saying, but please be respectful of London, its local pubs, and of each other. We are a reflection of Bills fans in the UK and abroad, so violence and other forms of mental, physical, or emotional abuse will result in the individual being asked to leave. Keep each other safe and have fun! GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

We're about to leave for the airport, arrive Heatrow tomorrow morning. 

Are you and Gunner both meeting us there and taking us to our hotel?  Or just one of you? 🤣

Thanks to you both for all your contributions to this thread.

BritBill posted this a few days ago.  He told it was all he knew but there may other info.

Hey guys, a little info for you:

Hi everyone! Welcome to both our British and American Bills families as they arrive in London for the game! This is an event for any Bills fans who didn't / couldn't purchase tickets to the Fitzrovia Belle for the Saturday and Sunday Bills parties. Feel free to share this event with family and friends. We're looking forward to turning Tottenham Court Road blue!

The plan:
Please arrive OUTSIDE of the Fitzerovia Belle Pub in Central London at 6PM on SATURDAY, OCT. 7TH and between 7-9PM SUNDAY, OCT. 8TH. On both dates, the PRIMARY sponsored pub for Bills Stragglers will be TCR BAR (183 Tottenham Ct Rd., W1T 7PE). The OVERFLOW bars will be THE COURT (108a Tottenham Ct Rd., W1T 5AA), and THE CARPENTERS ARMS (SAT ONLY) (68-70 Whitfield St., W1T 4EY). All three bars have outdoor terraces.

On SUNDAY, we are setting up a pub for the stragglers to meet up before the game. Please keep your eyes peeled here, in Stragglers WhatsApp, and on FB for updates on this.

Speaking of WhatsApp - if you wish to join the Stragglers WhatsApp group, follow: https://chat.whatsapp.com/LsDQkstGpIl8hgm5pafNSV

It goes without saying, but please be respectful of London, its local pubs, and of each other. We are a reflection of Bills fans in the UK and abroad, so violence and other forms of mental, physical, or emotional abuse will result in the individual being asked to leave. Keep each other safe and have fun! GO BILLS!

Safe flight, Shaw 👍 

It’ll have to be Gunner Cabs to pick you up 🤣 We don’t get to London until 10am tomorrow. We’ve a 200 mile train ride. 

Have a great time. Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Looking forward to seeing the level of Bills Mafia representation at the game. Judging by the initial experiences y’all are reporting, it appears it will truly be a home game atmosphere. 

Arrived this afternoon at the hôtel near Paddington rail station. Saw more and more bills Gear as we walked to admiralty bills mafia bar. A LOT of bills fans there, 2 hours wait to be able to enter.already met good people

Gf took pictures and vidéo, i will provide link later for interested

Sorry for Bad post, first smartphone use today

Sunday will be MASSIVE bills atmosphère

Go bills !

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it appears like most of our rail network just starts blasting the heating on as soon as the calendar hits October, regardless of the actual weather. And the inverse applies from the first week of April. Can be 7 or 8 degrees celsius outside and the train pumps out air con at you. 

Thanks for the explanation. I had not been outdoors until I stepped out of the car and we all realized the actual weather was more like we expected. 

I continue to run into our Bills peeps everywhere I go. It gives you a nice feeling to meet strangers and already have something important to you in common. 

On 10/6/2023 at 6:49 AM, Beast said:

I thought we’d get some photos from you guys. Step your game up!

From all the stuff that I have seen on twitter, I can only imagine that most people from London are going to have PTSD from hearing the shout song.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BritBill said:

Safe flight, Shaw 👍 

It’ll have to be Gunner Cabs to pick you up 🤣 We don’t get to London until 10am tomorrow. We’ve a 200 mile train ride. 

Have a great time. Go Bills. 

How long is that train ride in non-freedom units 

• Haha (+1) 1

In case anyone is looking for plans before the game Sunday, the Bills Stragglers Group(aka Manchester Bills Backers) has got The Antwerp Arms booked. It’s not far from the stadium or the Overground station for the stadium. The pub will open for 11.

IMG_9963.thumb.jpeg.f08800dd3776ec82544df6f935e5f905.jpeg

Edited by Wayne Cubed

9 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I've been walking London city center for the last 3 hours.

It's almost literally impossible to go 50 meters without meeting at least one couple of Bills fans, and I haven't seen a single person in Jags gear :)

What's that in freedom units?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.