London Updated

corta765

15 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks, Deek.   That's useful information.  

We'll be in King's Cross, because that's where the train to Edinburgh leaves from.  And Google Maps actually gave me good information about the Tube to the stadium  Presumably Tottenham will be similarly efficient as Wembley.   Now, I'll need to track down a hotel.  

I am doing the opposite.  Starting in Edinburg and arriving in London.   Have to put some Hotel details together as well. 

16 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks, Deek.   That's useful information.  

We'll be in King's Cross, because that's where the train to Edinburgh leaves from.  And Google Maps actually gave me good information about the Tube to the stadium  Presumably Tottenham will be similarly efficient as Wembley.   Now, I'll need to track down a hotel.  

Getting out of Tottenham is actually more efficient than getting out of Wembley IMO. The trudge back up Wembley way to Wembley Park station is one of the most depressing walks known to man and not just because the last time I did it was after we lost the Euros Final to Italy. I have seen Arsenal win 3 cup finals there and that walk is still depressing. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Getting out of Tottenham is actually more efficient than getting out of Wembley IMO. The trudge back up Wembley way to Wembley Park station is one of the most depressing walks known to man and not just because the last time I did it was after we lost the Euros Final to Italy. I have seen Arsenal win 3 cup finals there and that walk is still depressing. 

On the contrary, we had a blast! (And yes, we lost that day.) We were chatting it up with fellow Bills fans the entire walk to and from the Wembley station. As I’ve mentioned, I’ve been to two of the 90’s era Super Bowls and the entire London week and game day was as close of an atmosphere to anything I’ve experienced. 

Thanks for the Tottenham travel tips. We’ve been to the stadium grounds but not on a game day. We went via overground. I’ll definitely look into the Seven Sisters station idea. 👍

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

On the contrary, we had a blast! (And yes, we lost that day.) We were chatting it up with fellow Bills fans the entire walk to and from the Wembley station. As I’ve mentioned, I’ve been to two of the 90’s era Super Bowls and the entire London week and game day was as close of an atmosphere to anything I’ve experienced. 

Thanks for the Tottenham travel tips. We’ve been to the stadium grounds but not on a game day. We went via overground. I’ll definitely look into the Seven Sisters station idea. 👍

Oh don't worry I remember the loss. I stayed a bit longer to shout abuse at fat Rex. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just realized that I never heard from the Bills on the season ticket holder London tickets sale. I registered for that, but never heard back from them or saw anything else on this. 

Did I miss something? Did they skip that and just go straight to the June 22nd general ticket sale?

21 hours ago, MattM said:

Just realized that I never heard from the Bills on the season ticket holder London tickets sale. I registered for that, but never heard back from them or saw anything else on this. 

Did I miss something? Did they skip that and just go straight to the June 22nd general ticket sale?

As far as I know, you did not miss anything.The Boills will only say tickets are 100% out of their control and run by NFL. I think, and just think, maybe we will get a 20% boost or something like that on the lottery thing...but i really have no clue

• Like (+1) 1

For those who are hoping to take in a Premier League soccer game while over in the UK, the fixtures (schedule) are released tomorrow morning. 

However, please be aware fixtures on that weekend may be subject to change due to TV scheduling. I'm not sure how far in advance they confirm the TV games @GunnerBill may know more about that.

Edited by BritBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BritBill said:

For those who are hoping to take in a Premier League soccer game while over in the UK, the fixtures (schedule) are released tomorrow morning. 

However, please be aware fixtures on that weekend may be subject to change due to TV scheduling. I'm not sure how far in advance they confirm the TV games @GunnerBill may know more about that.

Yea not normally until pretty close to the time. They do them in blocks, so the first 6 weeks of tv games are normally released in July, but then they don't normally do October and November until after the season has begun. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea not normally until pretty close to the time. They do them in blocks, so the first 6 weeks of tv games are normally released in July, but then they don't normally do October and November until after the season has begun. 

Do you know when the Championship game schedule is released? Is it the same time as the EPL? 

On 6/12/2023 at 8:54 AM, plenzmd1 said:

As far as I know, you did not miss anything.The Boills will only say tickets are 100% out of their control and run by NFL. I think, and just think, maybe we will get a 20% boost or something like that on the lottery thing...but i really have no clue

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

Many thanks. Do you know when tickets to games typically go on sale?

On 6/2/2023 at 3:36 AM, BritBill said:

There are many apps you can use to plan your way around London. "Tube Map" is the one I use. 

That's the one I used when we went in 2015.  

Hotel we stayed at was one of the IHG/Holiday Inn brands, looks like (on Google Street view) it's being remodeled, not sure if it will be the same brand.  Gloucester Road station was close by for easy access to the tube. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Check your email from the Bills 

Many thanks--it's almost like they were listening to me! Next Tuesday at 10:30 am is what my email said for season ticket holders to try to buy London game tickets.

Just blocked that time out on my work calendar!

35 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

That's the one I used when we went in 2015.  

Hotel we stayed at was one of the IHG/Holiday Inn brands, looks like (on Google Street view) it's being remodeled, not sure if it will be the same brand.  Gloucester Road station was close by for easy access to the tube. 

We always stay at one of the many Doubletree hotels around greater London. They offer an awesome breakfast buffet. 

Here are your Premier League fixtures for the weekend 6/7/8 October

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/scores-fixtures/2023-10

I reckon Arsenal v Man City will get moved to be on tele. 

Fulham v Sheff Utd & Palace v Forest will be your best bets for a game in the capital. 

Edited by BritBill

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.