London Updated

corta765

We’re heading for a great British tradition soon, a ‘Spoon’s Breakfast.

The Sir John Oldcastle pub close to Farringdon tube station from 9:30am.

Anyone at a loose end is more than welcome to join us 👍 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BritBill said:

What a brilliant curry night on Brick Lane. Great food and even better company.

Thank you so much to everyone who made it. We even had @NI Bills Fan call in through the window and other Bills fans give us a GO BILLS! as they walked by the restaurant. 

The evening was an absolute pleasure. 

Many, many thanks for putting that together last night—my son and I had a great time visiting a part of the city we wouldn’t have without some local help!

And yes, please @GrimboG on sharing the photos, that would be much appreciated!

Go Bills!

Edited by MattM

1 hour ago, eball said:

Anyone going to the “official” NFL party at The 8?  That’s where we’re heading at 11…

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm...we should get there bout 11:15. 

For clarification, I see something called the No. 8 Tottenham which is just on the south side of the stadium. 

We're  in a club on the third level.  Free food, DJ, sax player, and lots of Bills fans. 

It's an NFL party.  Fans wearing jerseys from all teams.  Half Bills, the other 31 are the other half.  Lots of excitement. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

We're  in a club on the third level.  Free food, DJ, sax player, and lots of Bills fans. 

It's an NFL party.  Fans wearing jerseys from all teams.  Half Bills, the other 31 are the other half.  Lots of excitement. 

Yea every London game is an NFL party. Really cool atmosphere. I suspect this crowd will be more partisan than normal. This is a Bills crowd.

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Spotted a Fromm jersey. 

Jake's mom?

On 10/7/2023 at 6:17 PM, BritishBill said:

Great to meet you all and thanks so much to @BritBillfor organising.

back at our Airbnb in time to watch Everton on match of the day!

Thank you for organizing everything. It was a great dinner, and I really enjoyed meeting everyone.

P.S. Fortunately, the Arsenal game was better than the Bills game.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1

A dark cloud over the weekend due to the result and injuries but everything up to 2:30pm yesterday was amazing. 

Meeting the guys on Saturday night was special. We had Bills fans from all over the UK, one travelled from continental Europe and US based fans. There were other Bills fans not part of our group in the restaurant and every time a Bills fan walked by they received and replied "Go Bills!". 

The NFL Live event which included Thurman Thomas showing his passion for the Bills and his openness on his feelings on the "Four Falls"  was appreciated. Also getting to see Fred Jackson and Zo Alexander outside the Power Station was cool. 

Walking London and seeing so many Bills fans from the US was a joy. Always more "Go Bills!". My Cowboy supporting mate was taken aback by how that was the standard greeting to complete strangers. The majority of the time that was all that was said but it was ALL than needed to be said.

The train ride to the stadium was all Bills. Inside the stadium was even more a fine sight. There was by far and I mean way, way by far more fans for one team in the stadium than I've ever seen for a game on these shores. 

That said, I think yesterday may have been my peak on the London games. The Bills being used as an experiment has left a bitter taste. I think level competitiveness was seriously compromised and it not only impacted the result (which I can live with) but the injuries in the first quarter probably would have been avoided. I would not be disappointed if I never got see the Bills play on these shores again on that basis. 

I think there will be a backlash and Goodell will have some explaining to do. 

My watching the Bills record is now 0-3 so it really is best I stay away for a while 🙂

• Like (+1) 6

7 hours ago, BritBill said:

A dark cloud over the weekend due to the result and injuries but everything up to 2:30pm yesterday was amazing. 

Meeting the guys on Saturday night was special. We had Bills fans from all over the UK, one travelled from continental Europe and US based fans. There were other Bills fans not part of our group in the restaurant and every time a Bills fan walked by they received and replied "Go Bills!". 

The NFL Live event which included Thurman Thomas showing his passion for the Bills and his openness on his feelings on the "Four Falls"  was appreciated. Also getting to see Fred Jackson and Zo Alexander outside the Power Station was cool. 

Walking London and seeing so many Bills fans from the US was a joy. Always more "Go Bills!". My Cowboy supporting mate was taken aback by how that was the standard greeting to complete strangers. The majority of the time that was all that was said but it was ALL than needed to be said.

The train ride to the stadium was all Bills. Inside the stadium was even more a fine sight. There was by far and I mean way, way by far more fans for one team in the stadium than I've ever seen for a game on these shores. 

That said, I think yesterday may have been my peak on the London games. The Bills being used as an experiment has left a bitter taste. I think level competitiveness was seriously compromised and it not only impacted the result (which I can live with) but the injuries in the first quarter probably would have been avoided. I would not be disappointed if I never got see the Bills play on these shores again on that basis. 

My watching the Bills record is now 0-3 so it really is best I stay away for a while 🙂

Great post BB, which captures alot of my feelings about the London game too. I loved meeting you all on Saturday (as did my Eagles friend Ed) and we'll fondly remember the conversations over dinner. The stories of the origins of our Bills fandom were amazing - particulary going back to GunnerBill and MattM's fathers both being there for the original 1960 season! 

I also loved the game experience, the Bills Mafia takeover and general atmosphere at the stadium. We were also lucky enough to meet Pinto Ron twice - what an incredible man! However, the injuries cast a heavy shadow and I can't help but think that the whole London thing must be a poor and unwanted experience for the players.   

Back in Edinburgh now and have photos of the dinner from in this album of the Saturday here. I wasn't able to upload directly, so hopefully this link works: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3E54DvQSdvuun6k17

Thanks again for organising the dinner BB! It was a real highlight of the weekend. 

Edited by GrimboG
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BritBill said:

The Bills brethren in London was inspirational.  But personally I hope they never play there again.  And yes Roger has some serious explaining to do.  Just turn it down in the future. It was clearly a huge disadvantage for the Bills.  Forcing America football down the throats of Euro soccer fans is not going to work.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.