London Updated

corta765

Me and my fellow scouse Bills buddy managed to get two tickets - sat nowhere near each other! But we’ll be there and will probably make a weekend of it and come and see where the party is!

kudos my my mate who was 150k in the queue and was teaching a class when he finally got let in. He hastily handed the lesson over to a student teacher and sorted the tickets! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Guy on Facebook reached out having all these tickets.  Prices start at $500 per in the upper deck.  

This just goes to show the scalper grind out there and it infuriates me.  No focus on the fans 

2 premium together in 240 row 4 bills sideline
2 premium together in 320 row 3 bills sideline
2 premium in front of each other 319 bills sideline
2 standard together in 528 row 10 bills sideline (only a couple seats in from the aisle)
2 standard in 254 row 10 behind the posts
4 standard together in 124 row 10 bills sideline next to the endzone.

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Guy on Facebook reached out having all these tickets.  Prices start at $500 per in the upper deck.  

This just goes to show the scalper grind out there and it infuriates me.  No focus on the fans 

2 standard together in 528 row 10 bills sideline (only a couple seats in from the aisle)

I looked at the cheapest of cheap seats on StubHub yesterday and you could get in for $250-300 USD. Not sure if the upper deck for $500 is better seats? There was no shortage of secondary tickets after the people who do this to put food on the table scarfed up all they could. 

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

The ticket industry generally is a huge mess and needs properly regulating. There are people out there making absolute fortunes out of shafting people out of seeing their favourtie band / comedian / show / sports team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

And the guy responible for this mess is klaus-peter schulenberg. Eventim Mastermind. Makel billions out of that. And no London game for me this time

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The ticket industry generally is a huge mess and needs properly regulating. There are people out there making absolute fortunes out of shafting people out of seeing their favourtie band / comedian / show / sports team. 

55 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Did anyone who was a season ticket holder go for them? I thought the Bills were doing a special link for ST but you had to pre register in May. 

Just wonder if that was easier?

It was just as messy.

I just panicked and bought on StubHub. That’s the most that I’ve ever paid for tickets to anything 🙄

Edited by Kirby Jackson

48 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It was just as messy.

I just panicked and bought on StubHub. That’s the most that I’ve ever paid for tickets to anything 🙄

Oh that’s good to know.

Know a couple family members with STs who were going to offer the link but then forgot to pre register, so missed out. Thought I missed out on an easier route.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Oh that’s good to know.

Know a couple family members with STs who were going to offer the link but then forgot to pre register, so missed out. Thought I missed out on an easier route.

The whole thing was a cluster. I expected it to be difficult but not nearly as terrible as it was. You (likely) didn’t miss out. 

Generally, I wait for the market to stabilize. I’m assuming that the prices will fall as the summer goes on. I am just not as confident as usual on that with the demand for the game. That’s why I pulled the trigger this morning. That uncertainty was causing me anxiety.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The whole thing was a cluster. I expected it to be difficult but not nearly as terrible as it was. You (likely) didn’t miss out. 

Generally, I wait for the market to stabilize. I’m assuming that the prices will fall as the summer goes on. I am just not as confident as usual on that with the demand for the game. That’s why I pulled the trigger this morning. That uncertainty was causing me anxiety.

I don’t have the stomach to wait it out when it’s something I really want to see.  I think I got a little bit of a better deal than you did but it was still a kick in the wallet.  Looking forward to the premium area amenities for sure, though.  Appears to be an awesome venue.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

yea, we are just taking the plunge and booking flights and budgeting $500/ticket....airbnb was booked night schedule came out.

5 of us going, get over $3K we may just say fug it, let's watch at a pub, and spend that elsewhere, but we will see as it goes

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

yea, we are just taking the plunge and booking flights and budgeting $500/ticket....airbnb was booked night schedule came out.

5 of us going, get over $3K we may just say fug it, let's watch at a pub, and spend that elsewhere, but we will see as it goes

Yeah, that’s the benefit of only shopping for two… 😉

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Last game in London I went to as well. I remember the queue being awful, ended up buying 4 tickets in the higher section in Wembley. Two friends ended up not going. I swear I couldn’t give away the tickets. Tried to offer them to a scalper outside the stadium and he pulled out a stack. Ended up selling them for $20 essentially.

Weirdly, this time I tried the “open loads of browser windows” tactic and hope one of them gets me lower in the queue.

It’s a cluster and no one should have to do that.

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If it’s anything like last time, they’ll be tickets outside the stadium, 100%.

Just be patient if you can. I’ve just looked at the prices for the MLB game in London on StubHub and they’ve dropped significantly in the last week. The Bills game will do the same the close it gets to game day. I’m sure of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

I don’t have the stomach to wait it out when it’s something I really want to see.  I think I got a little bit of a better deal than you did but it was still a kick in the wallet.  Looking forward to the premium area amenities for sure, though.  Appears to be an awesome venue.

I went that route as well (313). I’m not sure if it’s the same club as where you are but if so we will catch up. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Just be patient if you can. I’ve just looked at the prices for the MLB game in London on StubHub and they’ve dropped significantly in the last week. The Bills game will do the same the close it gets to game day. I’m sure of it. 

Yep. I reckon so.

14 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I am not worried ,

As my ridiculously rich friend @Augie says tickets really only a small portion of the all in $$$ and he has guaranteed our party of 5 tickets on him! 

we will wait, worst thing happens we have a great weekend in London!

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am not worried ,

As my ridiculously rich friend @Augie says tickets really only a small portion of the all in $$$ and he has guaranteed our party of 5 tickets on him! 

I just have one seat to buy, so it’s not as big of a deal. BUT, if it’s absolutely ridiculous, I have the bold to fall back on. Can’t lose, the way I see it! 

30 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am not worried ,

Augie landing their private plane on the Seven Sisters game day morning will be a sight 😂

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I don’t know how much they will drop…there are a TON of Bills fans who want to go to this game and are making a vacation out of it.  I think it’s a “bite the bullet” type of situation unless you are a real risk taker and wait until literally the last second — which is fine for a local, but not those who are traveling to the event.

Last year I thought the price of the Bills/Rams tickets would drop as we got closer to the opener, and that never really happened.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BritBill said:

Augie landing their private plane on the Seven Sisters game day morning will be a sight 😂

Au contraire! I will be leaving soon to work a cargo ship crossing the Atlantic in order to pay for my bed at the hostel. I hope to sneak into the game, or at least listen to the roar of the crowd from the grounds outside. I’m on a strict budget, unlike my rich Uncle @HOUSE

EDIT: I just looked at tix out of curiosity. A single ticket looked like a good seat and out of place in the pricing scheme. I went to the stadium site to identify how far buried in the middle of the section seat #77 is (I’ll pay EXTRA to be on/near the aisle) only to learn that row 21 only has 76 seats in that section. That’s a bit of a concern……should it be? 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

A heads up for those still looking for tickets. Pay special attention to the stadium seating plan. (You can find some interactive ones online.) What you'll see is that the Sections touch each other at each end. The aisle is in the middle of the row.  This means if you plan it out, you might find two seats that are actually next to each other but that are listed as being in adjoining Sections....like I did. Make sense? (Crazy Brits!)

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, eball said:

I don’t know how much they will drop…there are a TON of Bills fans who want to go to this game and are making a vacation out of it.  I think it’s a “bite the bullet” type of situation unless you are a real risk taker and wait until literally the last second — which is fine for a local, but not those who are traveling to the event.

Last year I thought the price of the Bills/Rams tickets would drop as we got closer to the opener, and that never really happened.

we will prolly wait just a little while longer but get them before say August 15th or so. I don't think will drop much either, maybe 10-15%. But with 5 folks, that's beer money in the stadium!!!!

Hoping the initial buzz wears off after July 4th weekend.

Either way, once I buy them, l; l time I am looking at the prices!!!!! Aint gunna subject myself to that pain!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Is there UBER in London? 

I was looking at hotels and the Google maps said "6.1 miles to Tottenham Hotspur stadium  34 minutes by car and 42 minutes by Public Transit"?   What is up with that?

Yes there is Uber

I'd strongly recommend using the tube or rail to get around London though. Its the quickest way for most journeys 

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/24/2023 at 6:53 AM, Wayne Cubed said:

Did anyone who was a season ticket holder go for them? I thought the Bills were doing a special link for ST but you had to pre register in May. 

Just wonder if that was easier?

I was actually able to get in on the season ticket holders sale and got two upper deck end zone seats for about $120 each. As others noted, it was a cluster*****.  Only seats I saw were upper deck end zone and I clicked the link at 10:30 am sharp. As they were disappearing quickly I just clicked two and headed to check out.

I may try to upgrade if prices come down in better sections. My biggest challenge may be getting my son to be able to go, as he has school (I want to leave Thursday night to get more time there in) and may have his own cross country meet that weekend. My daughter's in college and may want to go (she went to the Fins playoff game with me), but we're in different cities, so may be a bit tricky.

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

Is there UBER in London? 

I was looking at hotels and the Google maps said "6.1 miles to Tottenham Hotspur stadium  34 minutes by car and 42 minutes by Public Transit"?   What is up with that?

Take the Tube

It’s super easy. There are stations everywhere, and the trains come by every three minutes. Yep….THREE minutes. I’ve got no idea how they do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Is there UBER in London? 

Yea there is Uber, but the taxis are fantastic too, especially if you have 4 or more people. Taxis can hold 6 , so don’t discount as an option. London taxis are an institution, and taking one almost always provides the added benefit of getting a free guided tour. Most of those drivers know the city and history better than many tour guides. 

BTW, the worm has turned on ride  share Vs Taxi in my mind, and I find now that in places like DC and NYC taking a cab now is often much cheaper than taking a ride share. Cab companies knew they needed to modernize to compete, so new, clean vehicles, credit card machines that work and not discouraged etc.  

NYC cans were half the cost of an Uber when we were there earlier in the spring. 

On 6/25/2023 at 9:38 AM, GrimboG said:

Yes there is Uber

I'd strongly recommend using the tube or rail to get around London though. Its the quickest way for most journeys 

Remember to "Mind the Gap." And pay attention to signs on the sidewalks. Look "Right" when crossing the streets. 

I was hoping to make a "London Essentials" thread once I actually get tickets.  Just to provide a list of things to think about for anyone travelling overseas, or things our England friends can help us with.  

For Example:

Passport - Currently a 3-4 month wait on getting them issued

Cell phone Options - Is it cheaper to just buy a sim card or rent a hot spot when you get there, or use an international plan

Power Outlets - What type of converter will you need to bring with you

Transportation - What's the best for getting around the City or if you want to travel outside the city

Tourist must see's and things to avoid - What are the lesser known places and what might take you all day due to lines

Currency - Is it better to use a bank card or just get a bunch of cash once you are there (don't forget to let your bank know you are travelling)

Soccer Games - What sections to avoid, what to wear, kid friendly, best way to get tix?

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/24/2023 at 10:14 AM, Augie said:

I just have one seat to buy, so it’s not as big of a deal. BUT, if it’s absolutely ridiculous, I have the bold to fall back on. Can’t lose, the way I see it! 

2 seats, if you include the one you are buying for me

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I was hoping to make a "London Essentials" thread once I actually get tickets.  Just to provide a list of things to think about for anyone travelling overseas, or things our England friends can help us with.  

For Example:

Passport - Currently a 3-4 month wait on getting them issued

Cell phone Options - Is it cheaper to just buy a sim card or rent a hot spot when you get there, or use an international plan

Power Outlets - What type of converter will you need to bring with you

Transportation - What's the best for getting around the City or if you want to travel outside the city

Tourist must see's and things to avoid - What are the lesser known places and what might take you all day due to lines

Currency - Is it better to use a bank card or just get a bunch of cash once you are there (don't forget to let your bank know you are travelling)

Soccer Games - What sections to avoid, what to wear, kid friendly, best way to get tix?

I’ll try:

Yes, you need a passport…obviously. 

Cellphone: your phone will work there but I recommend alerting both your carrier and your bank before you go so they don’t suspect illegal activity.

Power Outlet….bring a converter. It’s way cheaper to get one at a drugstore or Amazon in the US.

Transportation: We always get online tickets ahead of time on the Heathrow Express ($20 round trip) to get us into town nonstop from the airport. Once in town we take the Tube everywhere using an Oyster Card you get and load at the station when you get off the Express. Simple and very affordable!

Tourist: If you’ve never been to London you can see virtually all of the major sites in a days walk along the Thames. (Westminster, Buckingham Palace, St Paul’s cathedral, Covent Garden, and the Tower of London) Walk across the Millennium bridge and back to see Shakespeare’s Globe Theater and Burroughs Market. 

Currency: You can get some pounds at the airport in the US or in London but just about everywhere and everything can be purchased with a Visa or Mastercard. The exchange rate is better with a credit card. They don’t use much cash anymore in Europe. 

Most Soccer (football) matches all play at 3:00pm on Saturday afternoon, the day before the Bills game, but tickets won’t go on sale online until about six weeks before the date. If you don’t want to spend a fortune, I highly recommend taking in a match at the Championship League level. There are a few London based teams and we’ve never had any problem with the in-stadium atmosphere.  You can get tickets online and even have them delivered to your hotel so they’re there when you get into town. 

Lastly, not sure if they still do it, but last time the NFL closed Regent Street (Piccadilly Circus) to hold an outdoor NFL experience, just like at the Super Bowl. It was free to walk around and the place was crawling with Bills fans. 

Hope that helps! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.