London Updated

corta765

To be honest if this was going to be the system I'd rather they'd just done a raffle. Register 2 weeks ago, find out today whether you were successful or not. The likelihood is that I will get to the front of the queue and it will be sold out... or the front of the queue will hit when I'm in the middle of briefing the Secretary of State and I'll miss my 10 minute window.... would it be a reasonable thing for one to ask one's PA to do? :D 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Another one who joined reasonably late and ended up near the front.... I have definitely heard more of those stories than those of us who have been waiting since silly o clock. 

All four of my family members joined the waiting room at 11am on separate devices, we got a range of queue positions from 53,000 to 300,000.  Two of us got through to buy tickets - me for the Bills game and my son to see his Titans (don't ask!). Very happy household here.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm only 10 mins away from the front so will hang on just in case, but I am also seeing twitter messages saying they are gone. 

Message update is only singles left for Jags v Bills. Loads left for Ravens v Titans 😆

Ticket Exchange on Ticketmaster opens at 12pm BST tomorrow. 

16 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I've just got in and all tickets are gone. No single tickets available. 

When I got in it brought up 5 sections of the stadium to select... and the first 4 I clicked on every seat was greyed out. The 5th one there was one solitary seat. I might have legit got the last one in the stadium 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When I got in it brought up 5 sections of the stadium to select... and the first 4 I clicked on every seat was greyed out. The 5th one there was one solitary seat. I might have legit got the last one in the stadium 

Yeah, I looked at that one but it has a broken cup holder, so I chose to pass! 😉

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bet it was that one extra seat they put in to make it a larger capacity than the Emirates 😆

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Somehow got 3 tickets, but I opened 15 browser windows and one of them started the queue at 38,000. So when I got in, there was quite a few tickets still available. I'll be sitting Bills side, end zone.

We're behind one of the end zones and to the side of the Bills side line. Seem decent seats. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, MattM said:

Best of luck with the Bills lottery tomorrow! 

Out of curiosity, how did you get the Arsenal tickets? I’ve been looking into the secondary market on that. Less than I might have thought considering the two teams, but still a bit stiff….

I usually get tickets through the Arsenal Ticket Exchange because I am a red member and my older son is a silver member.

This time, a friend of mine who is a season ticket holder, knew that I wanted to go and gave me a ticket for my birthday. I am lucky to have such a friend.

If you are an Arsenal fan, I recommend that you become a member. There are various perks including being able to buy tickets on the Arsenal website. They hold back a few thousand tickets for members of the team that you can try to buy 30 days before the game (as a red member) and 60 days (if you are a silver member). I have had some success with that, but there is no guaranty. Once the game sells out, members are allowed to sell/buy tickets on the Arsenal Ticket Exchange. This past season was difficult because of the demand. We shall see about this season. I try to go to London to watch Arsenal at least once every season.

Good luck.

Go Bills!!!

COYG!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I usually get tickets through the Arsenal Ticket Exchange because I am a red member and my older son is a silver member.

This time, a friend of mine who is a season ticket holder, knew that I wanted to go and gave me a ticket for my birthday. I am lucky to have such a friend.

If you are an Arsenal fan, I recommend that you become a member. There are various perks including being able to buy tickets on the Arsenal website. They hold back a few thousand tickets for members of the team that you can try to buy 30 days before the game (as a red member) and 60 days (if you are a silver member). I have had some success with that, but there is no guaranty. Once the game sells out, members are allowed to sell/buy tickets on the Arsenal Ticket Exchange. This past season was difficult because of the demand. We shall see about this season. I try to go to London to watch Arsenal at least once every season.

Good luck.

Go Bills!!!

COYG!!!

As I mentioned above, I have my Arsenal ticket and airfare. I now also have my hotel (Good deal through Amex at the Mondrian Shoreditch - I have never stayed in this neighborhood before, I hope it is good).

I did not have any luck yet getting a ticket to the Bills game today, but I am hopeful that I will be able to get one by other means.

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

@GunnerBill

@BritBill

What do people use for secondary markets over there.  Is there a Craigslist or something?

What was your queue and what section did you get?

I wasn't paying attention as the queue was during my morning coffee and newsletter time.  But I waited about 38 minutes and ended up in Section 117

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I wasn't paying attention as the queue was during my morning coffee and newsletter time.  But I waited about 38 minutes and ended up in Section 117

I hate you. Congrats.  But I hate you 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I hate you. Congrats.  But I hate you 

Wow! And just before he was going to invite you to join him! Very unfortunate.   😋

I, on the other hand, do not hate anyone, and I’m fun to be with at football games, for anyone with an extra single.  

I expect to pay thru the nose sometime between now and October. 

EDIT: I just looked at StubHub and the cheap seats are available in the $250-300 USD range. If you can afford the expensive seats, please keep me in mind if they give tours of where the other half watches football. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/22/2023 at 12:27 PM, eball said:

Hope those who wanted tickets got them.  I avoided the whole mess and bought a pair through UK Stubhub a couple of weeks ago.  Can't wait!

I failed in the presale so this is the route I’m going. Where are you sitting? I’ll try to buy near you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.