Diggs unfollows Buffalo, follows Cowgirls 🤷‍♂️

DaggersEOD

21 minutes ago, nucci said:

take a break and watch the Sabres. They're playing very well and it's exciting again. Football starts in July

Correction. Bills football starts in January. Everything else is meaningless as they showed this year.

who’s going to get excited if they beat the Chiefs in the regular season for the third straight year or have the one seed at the start of November?

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Correction. Bills football starts in January. Everything else is meaningless as they showed this year.

who’s going to get excited if they beat the Chiefs in the regular season for the third straight year or have the one seed at the start of November?

My point was it's over for now. People need to relax. Plenty of time next season to flip out on someone's instagram account

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Flirting with the cowboys actually helps Diggs build his brand. There is zero chance he gets traded due to cap reasons.

Diggs isn’t going anywhere. But the flirting definitely helps him stay in the spotlight. Honestly, no big deal to me.

Whiny Diva?  He's already got a solid build on that

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

My point was it's over for now. People need to relax. Plenty of time next season to flip out on someone's instagram account

i get your point. But the Bills have totally broken me after this season. I’ve turned a 180 from a glass is half full to glass is half empty mind set with this team. All the fun is gone and I’m honestly questioning how it is going to comeback in the regular season.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

i get your point. But the Bills have totally broken me after this season. I’ve turned a 180 from a glass is half full to glass is half empty mind set with this team. All the fun is gone and I’m honestly questioning how it is going to comeback in the regular season.

take a break from this site and forget about it for a while

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I've been fighting on and off, with a good friend, for the last 50 years.

It's always 'water under the Bridge'

Life is WAY to ef'in short....

Diggs will get over it, if he hasn't, already.

Diggs has a track record of this.  He didn’t “get over it” when he was in Minnesota.  Why is this different?

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Um... no. He signed his 4 year, 96 million dollar extension on 4/6/22. Give it a Goog.

Oops. You are correct. I had his trade date mixed up with it. Deleted. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Magox said:

It peaks my curiosity wondering what happens behind the scenes to trigger him into doing these sort of things.

*piques

9 hours ago, cba fan said:

i am sure  Beane has already informed Diggs and his agent, that due to the contract and salary cap implications, he is untradeable for at least a year. 

And really is untradeable for two years but i wouldn't tell Diggs and agent that as you just want to placate for next year.

I am sure Diggs' agent is aware of the contract structure. 🙂

Stefon Diggs is easily one of the Top 5 WR's in Football.

"What's that? He unfollowed the team on Instagram? Get rid of his ungrateful butt!"

It would cost us close to $25 million dollars more to not have him on our roster than it would to have him. And where are you going to find someone who can come close to replacing his talents?

"I never heard him say he's Bills Mafia for life and now he's doing some weird ***** on Social Media? He's not a team player. He's not worth the trouble!"

There's some seriously thin skinned fans who can't see the forest from the trees on this board.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That's where I was for all of last season.   

That's where I'll be for next season too.  It won't get interesting until the first playoff game.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not judging anyone, because I know other fans feel this way - but I can't relate to it. It sounds like spoiled Pats fans after they won 4-5 of their Super Bowls.  

I love regular season games, and will love them again this year.  I suppose an element of "prove you can do it in January" will be somewhere in the back of my mind, but if we beat KC at KC, or Cincy at Cincy, or both?  I'll be ecstatic. Those will be outstanding Sundays (or Mondays).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, major said:

Well, the Diggs brothers are master 🧌‘s. The other Diggs took off all his cowboys material and followed Buffalo. The joke is on us😂

Haha that's awesome. Yeah, I've been saying all along that this is just a game to get media and fans to talk about him and this just proves it.

End thread.

11 hours ago, jahnyc said:

Not suggesting that this where things are, but can't a contract be restructured in a way to facilitate a trade (and then the acquiring team makes an adjustment after the trade)?

I looked two pages ahead and nobody had answered you. Sorry if I missed it.

Once any bonus money has been paid to a player, there's absolutely nothing that can be done. The team that paid the money must account for that money on their cap. Depending on what date the guy is traded on, you can fiddle a bit with which years the dead cap money must be accounted for against the cap. But it must be paid by the same team over this year and next.

The only exception is a Barry Sanders type of situation where the player retires before the end of the contract and the team can sue to be paid back.

In a trade, guaranteed money is different, as money guaranteed in the future will be paid for by the team receiving the player in the trade. That team would take over the guarantee.

But no, once bonus money has been paid, the team that paid that money is liable for it. There is no way around that.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Literally everyone.  I'm a Chiefs fan, and I'm still pissed off about losing to the Bills the past two seasons.  That's what sports are all about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Billl said:

Literally everyone.  I'm a Chiefs fan, and I'm still pissed off about losing to the Bills the past two seasons.  That's what sports are all about.

When we’ve beaten you the past 2 regular seasons in Arrowhead it’s not as if you walked away from the game thinking you couldn’t beat us. Case in point even when we win, there is a good percentage of Bills fans with the scars of losing big playoff games who need the validation of winning when it counts.  We’ve never won the biggest game, you guys have won 2 out of past 4, it’s a huge confidence boost. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, major said:

Well, the Diggs brothers are master 🧌‘s. The other Diggs took off all his cowboys material and followed Buffalo. The joke is on us😂

While I don’t disagree, it should be pointed out Trevon doesn’t follow Buffalo, someone said that but it’s incorrect.  He doesn’t follow Dallas, but he also doesn’t follow Buffalo.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

That's where I was for all of last season.   

That's where I'll be for next season too.  It won't get interesting until the first playoff game.

Nah man. It's about the climb. You have to enjoy the journey and not just the destination. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

There is a reason I only casually peruse this site from the end of playoffs through the draft.

What's the reason?

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah man. It's about the climb. You have to enjoy the journey and not just the destination. 

I went through the journey in the 90s

6 hours ago, Success said:

Not judging anyone, because I know other fans feel this way - but I can't relate to it. It sounds like spoiled Pats fans after they won 4-5 of their Super Bowls.  

I love regular season games, and will love them again this year.  I suppose an element of "prove you can do it in January" will be somewhere in the back of my mind, but if we beat KC at KC, or Cincy at Cincy, or both?  I'll be ecstatic. Those will be outstanding Sundays (or Mondays).

Nicely put. I can't fully understand those who disagree.

It's the process, not the result.

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I suspect it will be interesting all year. The division will be tougher and the away games look to be VERY difficult. They play all of the top AFC contenders(outside of Baltimore) and it’s going to be a tight race just to win the East IMO, but yea, ultimate success for the season will be determined once the playoffs start(and I don’t think that’s a gimme like many here seem to think). 

Guess it depends on what you mean by gimme.

85 - 95% chance, probably. 

Two 9-8 teams made the playoffs in the AFC this year. Barring a major Josh Allen injury, we aren't missing out on 9-8. Or 10-7 for that matter. Mostly likely not 11-6 either.

It's not a mistake that Vegas has the Bills as huge faves for the division. They're right. That's what the bettors think, in huge numbers and for good reason.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I went through the journey in the 90s

What, so you can't enjoy it now? If you will only get enjoyment out of a Bills season if ends with a Lombardi I suggest you find something else to do with your leisure time. Following a sports team is supposed to be fun. Living the highs and the lows is part of that fun. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What, so you can't enjoy it now? If you will only get enjoyment out of a Bills season if ends with a Lombardi I suggest you find something else to do with your leisure time. Following a sports team is supposed to be fun. Living the highs and the lows is part of that fun. 

"If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain". Dolly Parton. 

17 hours ago, Ghs24mike said:

Yeah, it’s not ideal. 

Losing Diggs would hurt, but not sure it would equate a huge step back. 

If we lose Edmunds and Poyer there is significant cap space with other restructures. 

Bring in a top Veteran for 2 years on a reasonable contract (OBJ anyone)

Bring back Beasley and run it with OBJ, Gabe, Shakir, and Beasley. 

Draft a burner in the draft and let’s go 

How about drafting Bijan Robinson and getting rid of Diggs?  A strong running game is better for the Buffalo winter weather.

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. It would be a big disappointment to miss obviously but the schedule is tough and I expect some regression in the regular season. If I recall correctly the Packers were also up there as SB favorites prior to last season. 

We won't go 13-3 (or probably 13-4) agreed. But I still see this team winning 11 or 12 games if Josh stays healthy. They have too many good players not to. The same as I still think they lack enough great players to be certain of getting over the hump. 

15 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

A bunch of millineals and Gen Z worked up over an instagram follow. Friggin Gold Jerry!

Who’d a thunk it?

More like Gen Z. Millennials are almost 40 years old now. Trust me, we aren't taking this seriously lol

• Like (+1) 1

I wasnt a fan of Diggs before he got to the Bills.  Felt like I was forced to like him because he was on the team, even though he always rubbed me the wrong way.  Felt like everyone around team constantly walked around on eggs shells around Diggs.  Seems to be quick to explode on the smallest of things.  Never felt like he truly bought into being apart of the team/Buffalo.  

Him wanting out and being insubordinate is happening right now.  This isn't some made up media rumors.  He is not cooperating with the team right now and has pretty much ignored every teammate that has reached out to him since the end of the year.

Beane made this mess by trading for this guy.  It's like dating the girl who cheated on her partner to have a relationship with you.  It's just a matter of time until its you getting cheated on.  People don't permanently change, they just mask the real person for a temporary amount of time.

Not sure how this ends, but my guess, it gets ugly.  

I said it when it happened, but what a terrible contract extension Beane gave him.  Beane is really looking like a bottom tier GM.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Back2Buff said:

I wasnt a fan of Diggs before he got to the Bills.  Felt like I was forced to like him because he was on the team, even though he always rubbed me the wrong way.  Felt like everyone around team constantly walked around on eggs shells around Diggs.  Seems to be quick to explode on the smallest of things.  Never felt like he truly bought into being apart of the team/Buffalo.  

Him wanting out and being insubordinate is happening right now.  This isn't some made up media rumors.  He is not cooperating with the team right now and has pretty much ignored every teammate that has reached out to him since the end of the year.

Beane made this mess by trading for this guy.  It's like dating the girl who cheated on her partner to have a relationship with you.  It's just a matter of time until its you getting cheated on.  People don't permanently change, they just mask the real person for a temporary amount of time.

Not sure how this ends, but my guess, it gets ugly.  

I said it when it happened, but what a terrible contract extension Beane gave him.  Beane is really looking like a bottom tier GM.

Good grief. The worst kind of "told you so" post.

Diggs was instrumental in Josh Allen becoming Josh Allen. There are plenty of questionable choices made by Beane, but this isn't really one of them.

They will work it out. Don't think Diggs is ready to retire and he ain't being traded.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.