SB LVll Game Thread: Eagles VS Chiefs

T&C

I’d like to say I’ve never seen such a ridiculous penalty but that’s not true. The NFL wanted the Chiefs to win. It was just another terrible call by unqualified and influenced refs. I’d love to hear a good defense for making that call in the freakin Super Bowl. I’m so glad Greg Olsen was on top of that. 

• Agree 2

Thing is… if the refs can spend 10 minutes examining 30 camera angles to determine if a catch was made in the second quarter. Why can’t they take a minute to determine if a penalty was correct in the final 2 minutes?

All us fans want is the correct call made without refs tilting the game one way or the other. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

The game is NOT fixed. But on close judgement calls, certain teams and certain QBs and other great players  tend to get the benefit of the doubt. And  sometimes that’s the difference. 

Agreed, good teams get the calls. It’s always been that way. 

• Like (+1) 1

We always wonder if that’s the call that changes something moving forward .. I’m guessing it never matters and there will never be that moment … but I have never seen so many people so disgusted with the NFL than I do right now.  

It’s everyone .. fans, players, analysts, personalities. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Mahammes is 400% better than Josh.. sorry. Obvious 

The need of people on this forum to take shots at Josh is pretty ridiculous. I imagine some are trolls from other teams but some are just blowhard tools…

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

That Eagles defense did nothing. Led the league in sacks and left Mahomes infinity time to throw in the 2nd half.

It doesn't matter how good your defense is in the NFL today. You need a consistently dominant offense.

From your lips to McDs ears.

Properly invest in protecting and getting weapons for the face of the franchise or be prepared to never have a realistic shot at a title again.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

And they beat the Super Bowl champions at their place only team to do it so there 

THAT and 6$ will get you coffee at Starbucks!  Lol !   Hold onto little things ,,,,but cincy worked us and Miami almost did.  It was a nice reg season win,,,maybe next time don't give up the best play of the year to lose a game at home (Vikings game, so you keep home field advantage.  Yet, even that didn’t stop cincy ) in typical bills fashion, and dont come out totally flat and get out coached on Your home field in the playoffs. How about just quit losing  as much in the post season ; having a 4-5 record is not going to get you more than one lombardy even if they had put all 4 of those wins in a single season.   It’s time for the process to produce and quit being passed by other staffs.  

Just being honest,,,,talent is probably there but coaching errors ( defensive mistakes coupled with an inexperienced OC) keep this team from reaching its potential.   When your DC has a “1” D, and cant get a HC interview or even  win assistant COY recognition, and you keep going back down that’s path, people will bypass you in this league. Results are the proof. 

• Agree 1

KC likely wins that game without the holding call.

But refs, C'MON.  You have to be more careful w/ a few minutes to go in the game. You could have called that a dozen times, at least,  Keep it consistent, and above all, DO NOT make calls that decide games.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

There is one reason the Chiefs won this game, the OL. Their OL dominated that Eagles defensive front. 

Fix the OL, LEGITIMATELY FIX THE OL, and the Bills aren't on the couch next year for the SB. 

Agreed. After seeing what the Bengals middling pass rush did to us, I have to say the Eagles would have eaten our O line alive. And the weird thing is KC had the exact same dysfunctional O line a couple years ago and then completely fixed it in one off-season. Whereas we stand pat, or sub a Saffold for a Boettger. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Unfortunately their are teams behind the Bills that are catching up, more than the Bills are catching up to KC and Cincy.

You have no clue that is true. You won't know that until the regular season starts after the draft, FAs gained and lost by all teams and who gets injured in training camp and is out long term.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Wasn't it called on 2nd down? Can't recall but thought they still had 3rd down if it wasn't called.

It was 3rd & 8. Should have been 4th & 8. They would have kicked a FG and given the ball back to Philly with about a minute and a half left.

Just now, Success said:

KC likely wins that game without the holding call.

But refs, C'MON.  You have to be more careful w/ a few minutes to go in the game. You could have called that a dozen times, at least,  Keep it consistent, and above all, DO NOT make calls that decide games.  

A surprise to anyone that the Chiefs got a drive extending call from the NFL in a big moment?  A complete joke at this point.  

• Like (+1) 3

Again it's amazing what some quick passes and a running game will do to slow down a pass rush.  If you just drop back every snap the defense knows where to find you and if you like to hold the ball for the deeper routes not only are you throwing lower percentage passes even on target you are increasing the chances your line can't block that long.  I'm all for blocking it up and taking a deep shot but you have to make moving the chains easier and you have to slow down that pass rush.  If you get the ball out early and move the chains 3 or 4 times the pass rush slows down.

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

There is one reason the Chiefs won this game, the OL. Their OL dominated that Eagles defensive front. 

Fix the OL, LEGITIMATELY FIX THE OL, and the Bills aren't on the couch next year for the SB. 

I've only been saying this for 5 years. Tired of waiting for these knuckleheads to figure it out. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

Mahomes threw for 182 yards. 

Don't get got up in passing yard stats. He was great especially in the second half.

The guy is a winner and has the it factor to the max. The Mahomes hate here continues after he put on his 2nd ring.

Yet, Allen is crowned the best with not even a sniff of a Super Bowl t-shirt.

It's mostly not Allen's fault. The Bills organization has failed him in so many ways. There's a chance that he's wasting away his prime in Buffalo. Like so many on here have said look at what Allen would do on a teams like the Dolphins, Chargers, Jets, KC, Dallas, and Philly to name a few. 

In retrospect, the game was a lot of fun to watch. Enjoyed it as a football fan. On the other hand, I couldn't help but think what coulda shoulda been. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed. After seeing what the Bengals middling pass rush did to us, I have to say the Eagles would have eaten our O line alive. And the weird thing is KC had the exact same dysfunctional O line a couple years ago and then completely fixed it in one off-season. Whereas we stand pat, or sub a Saffold for a Boettger. 

Eagles might have beat the Bills by 30 tonight with the Bills oline.  

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Would it suck if it was a family member of yours he ran over?

Only way he could do that is drive through the front of my house. Which as sauced as his dysfunctional family members get, still a possibility.

Was I supposed to feel weepy about your poignant retort? I’m not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.