SB LVll Game Thread: Eagles VS Chiefs

T&C

Just now, Steptide said:

Cheifs ALWAYS do this. This is what makes them so good. You cannot ever have a safe lead against them. It what makes me hate them but also respect the shiz out of them 

I'm not really shocked at the Chiefs scoring.  I'm more surprised at how they've shutdown the Eagles offense as well as they have.  The first half looked like they didn't have many answers.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Reid and Dorsey aren’t in the same species 

Reid has about 30+ years calling plays. Let's not pretend this Andy Reid was the same one his rookie year. If you think that you are delusional. People learn and adapt like in anything else they do in life.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LanderPoke said:

Allen better than mahomes. Mahomes has every advantage 

I agree, but Allen needs to also have better ball security , quit forcing things when he doesn’t have to.  Can’t lead the league in red zone ints, and can’t fumble as much as he does.  He loses focus during games that I dont see Mahomes experience.  Allen is a very good qb,,,,can be great but can’t just ignore his decision making errors that I think recurred more under Dorsey.  Think Daboll controlled him more effectively. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

You mean the guy who’s son is in jail? That coach? Throwing that out there. 

Didn't his other son o.d and pass away?

That's probably a big reason he takes chances on these guys. He knows from his sons that second and 3rd,4th etc chances are real and sometimes a great person was just in a bad situation 

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I get what you're saying.  I really do, but again, they're going to give the award to what is actually done on the field vs comparing what weapons one guy has vs another guy.

I wasn't talking about who they give the award to, I was talking about who is actually responsible for most of their offense's success. I still say Allen. The Chiefs have been moving the ball like this all year, great pass protection and simple pass and catch. Mahomes is obviously elite so when they need him to make magic happen he can do it. But he has it a lot easier than Allen does on a play to play basis.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1

Just now, DrPJax said:

I agree, but Allen needs to also have better ball security , quit forcing things when he doesn’t have to.  Can’t lead the league in red zone ints, and can’t fumble as much as he does.  He loses focus during games that I dont see Mahomes experience.  Allen is a very good qb,,,,can be great but can’t just ignore his decision making errors that I think recurred more under Dorsey.  Think Daboll controlled him more effectively. 

Give Allen these plays and this line

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I wish Josh had guys running wide open

He did have Isaiah McKenzie wide open for a likely game winning TD against Miami that ultimately probably would’ve got us home field. But he bounced the pass to him. You see Mahomes ever do that in the big moments?

Edited by Jim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, DrPJax said:

You’d see mahomes making dumb mistakes like Allen if he didn’t have guys wide open every play to throw to

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Learn the rules

In honor of the grand old interweb tradition of creating a position another poster never made, and then arguing against it, I’ll continue with you.   I don’t get the same joy from self flagellation, but I’m a giver.   My move.   Learn the rules, you can’t lateral the ball forward.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, finn said:

All true except the second one. Allen is better in pretty much all categories. The only reason it's an argument is that Mahomes has Reid and a real line, and Allen has Dorsey and garbage. 

I think you are wrong. Mahomes will have 2 Super Bowl rings very shortly. Allen has zero. 

I'm pretty sure of you took a poll Mahomes clearly would be the number 1 QB. Personally, I don't think it would be even close.

Bills fans have to stop measuring Allen by his physical traits. I think he's the most physically gifted. However, that's not the only measuring stick for QBs. 

Mahomes arguable leads Allen in every intangible. 

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, DrPJax said:

If Allen was willing to consistently take the easy checkdowns when needed, the Bills might never punt.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.