Patrick Mahomes ankle injury

HOUSE

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

He’ll play well, but even if he’s 80% of his regular self that might be all the edge we need. Could be one or two additional punts because he couldn’t pull his magician BS escaping the pocket while under pressure like last year’s AFCCG.

It’s probably a wash with Von Miller being out.

We got to get past the bangles before we even start thinking about Mahomes. They should be the focus.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We got to get past the bangles before we even start thinking about Mahomes. They should be the focus.

Yep....all this talk is for nothing if the Bills don’t win tomorrow.

Lets Go Bills!!!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I doubt it will have a huge effect on him next week. 

It will. 

The question will be whether or not their offensive line plays well enough to help him compensate for it. He can still be effective in the pocket, but other than that he will not be able to do the things he usually does. 

I’ll be shocked if he isn’t in a walking boot tomorrow. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Tomorrow morning that ankle is gonna be swollen the size of a freaking ball

They will give it round the clock treatment all week long

He will come out next week like there’s nothing wrong and the minute he takes a hit he’s gonna start limping again because there’s a reason why you don’t play with high ankle sprain. He’s still gonna have his throwing ability but he’s not going to be able to run, which is a huge deal.

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Tomorrow morning that ankle is gonna be swollen the size of a freaking ball

They will give it round the clock treatment all week long

He will come out next week like there’s nothing wrong and the minute he takes a hit he’s gonna start limping again because there’s a reason why you don’t play with high ankle sprain. He’s still gonna have his throwing ability but he’s not going to be able to run, which is a huge deal.

The Bills (Hopefully) or Bengals need to force him outside the pocket. Take a few hits on him. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think (and it’s clearly not just my thinking as I’ve seen it discussed on this board) that yesterday’s game demonstrated that the coaching staff in KC is likely the best in the business.

Other stats floating around demonstrate that mahomes is a bit of a system quarterback. Likely even more so than Brady.

Andy Reid has been the head coach of 13 division champions and now 9 teams in conference championships. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Jags could not generate any pressure in the second half.

Of course Mahomes was checking down, but I don’t remember him getting touched really the rest of the game. 

I was told they were better without Tyreek Hill.

But honestly though I agree, they don’t have as high of a top gear , but still the Jags showed if you make mistakes - dropped bomb, dropped interception, leaky protection and you’ll lose.

The Jags were never gonna an that game. A nice feel good story but way too inexperienced. Plus, being on the road in Arrowhead was a clear recipe for a Jag loss. 

It was no surprise that the Jags missed opportunities and made mistakes. Truthfully, they had no business being their. The Chargers had a way better chance of winning. 

Edited by newcam2012

9 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I had a lot of toradol in the hospital after an amputation. 800mg gaba x 3/day as part of phantom pain control. Obviously diff situations but i didnt feel like toradol touched my pain. Also gaba feels very weak, and side effect free. Like itd be a medicine most could take without side effects.

My question i guess is, would either of these even touch that pain level, and even if they would, are you saying a dr couldnt justify giving those for his pain. I imagine theyd gladlly throw it at him, no big deal, in hopes they can dodge opiates.

Am i off base and these two are something a dr isnt giving out for short term pain?

Toradol is the equivalentof 7-10 mg morphine except it’s not an opiate it’s a non-steroidal like ibuprofen

GABBA is used for nerve pain like you can get after an amputation. It’s also used in pre-surgical protocols to start treating pain before it starts. It’s not effective as a pain killer in the traditional sense. Depending on the dose GABBA can have some serious side effects, especially as you get older. Sedation and altered mental status being common. It’s a centrally (brain) acting agent so you can see why that would be the case

2 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I think all of Buffalo will be rooting for whoever wins BUF vs CIN for the rest of the playoffs 

I can tell you if the Bills lose I will not be rooting for the Bengals. Before the Hamlin injury their fans were complete trash (group threatened my friend with cancer on way to bathroom at a mall because he was walking with Bills fans) Some even after.  Chefs and Bengals are the two teams I cannot stand. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's not an issue, this is just WEO's schtick:

Absolutely no one:

WEO: That's not correct and I know better than you!

Everyone: 

Confused Little Girl GIF

I didn't say that.  Let the adults talk.

11 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Does anybody think the NFL has the guts to drug test Mahommes during the week to ensure he's not geting any "assistance" to help in his healing?

As I said above...many here think that toradol and some other injectables are magic (@RunTheBall knows what he's talking about, obviously) potions.

9 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I had a lot of toradol in the hospital after an amputation. 800mg gaba x 3/day as part of phantom pain control. Obviously diff situations but i didnt feel like toradol touched my pain. Also gaba feels very weak, and side effect free. Like itd be a medicine most could take without side effects.

My question i guess is, would either of these even touch that pain level, and even if they would, are you saying a dr couldnt justify giving those for his pain. I imagine theyd gladlly throw it at him, no big deal, in hopes they can dodge opiates.

Am i off base and these two are something a dr isnt giving out for short term pain?

gabapentin is often used for neurogenic pain like you are describing.

Toradol is an anti-inflammatory akin to ibuprofen.  it's not habit forming and has few serious side effects.  it's not typically taken chronically and it would be a good choice for an inflammatory scenario like an acute sprain.

7 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Jags could not generate any pressure in the second half.

Of course Mahomes was checking down, but I don’t remember him getting touched really the rest of the game. 

I was told they were better without Tyreek Hill.

But honestly though I agree, they don’t have as high of a top gear , but still the Jags showed if you make mistakes - dropped bomb, dropped interception, leaky protection and you’ll lose.

You can’t turn the ball over and expect to beat that team you just can’t

36 minutes ago, Nebillzfan said:

The jags should have kept rushing him and make him put weight on that ankle. They seem to let up a bit. 

It was almost as if word went out at halftime that Mahomes was not to be touched if he came back in. 

• Agree 1

I had a cyst in my knee burst a few years ago, massive calf swelling and hurt like the dickens.  Toradol didn't touch the pain.  Ice and elevation helped more.

Of course I didn't have to think about playing a meaningful football game in 8 days.

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

I had a cyst in my knee burst a few years ago, massive calf swelling and hurt like the dickens.  Toradol didn't touch the pain.  Ice and elevation helped more.

Of course I didn't have to think about playing a meaningful football game in 8 days.

I didn't need this breakfast anyhow.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

He looked very hampered in moving against the Jags. I think it will impact his performance. Either Bills or Bengals will game plan against it. Very much limits his off script “magic” plays like throw sidearmed or underhand which apparently no qb in the history of the nfl has pulled off other than him.
Also,hopefully the reffing will be a bit more balanced against the new Brady. Winner today can expect some calls swinging in PM favor. Particularly now since he’s a martyr 😂.. or he didn’t like Henne’s 98 yard drive 😎

What year was it that he had the turf toe or whatever and the whole week was drama about whether he would play. Or the year he had the concussion and same thing. It’s always something and he always plays. But to think he will be 100% is another story and the chiefs will need him to be against either cincy or bills. These are the 2 teams they are 1-5 against in last 2 years with the 1 win as narrow as it gets.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

High ankle sprain...plans to play next week...will be severly limited.

Will be worse than this week when he still has the shoe on, and it was taped up really well and had the adrenaline of the game.

Now it will have swelled up and become unstable...probably will have to stay in the pocket and will likely short arm some throws.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-leaves-222326739.html

Patrick Mahomes sustained a right high ankle sprain against the Jaguars. He left for most of the second quarter and returned after halftime.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.