We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The line is -5 now??? Glad Vegas has more confidence than we do I guess. I already bet my entire bankroll on Bengals +4.5 last night. Line then dropped to +4 and now it is at +5. Don’t get it. One of those games where I strongly disagree. 

I think it moved right after Bengals released OL injury update. Everyone saw Joe get rag-dolled early and often last night.

Edited by Governor

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

His reputation as a man of faith has NOTHING to do with his behavior on the field. Come on. Be reasonable. Especially after two/three weeks of questions. 

The allegations of being a "dirty player" does not fit the man.  Again, even your own fans disagree with you, it is actually obvious but whatever.

• Disagree 3
  • Dislike 3

2 hours ago, Caesar said:

Hendrickson is our biggest Christian, he is always praying for someone and every interview is a thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ.  I promise you the guy has never had the reputation of playing dirty.

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

Good he can ask for forgiveness 

And he better not be counting on the Bills to turn the other cheek.

39 minutes ago, Caesar said:

The allegations of being a "dirty player" does not fit the man.  Again, even your own fans disagree with you, it is actually obvious but whatever.

You have provided zero evidence to support Hendrickson's innocence except for his alleged faith (lol), which does not exactly distinguish him from most of the NFL's players. I have provided video evidence of what I saw, and what more of the viewing public would have seen and remembered had something serious and unprecedented not immediately consumed our attentions thereafter. Watch the main broadcast again when they briefly show us the Hendrickson transgression before cutting to commercial. It's unmistakable. 

Watch the 2nd replay. His momentum stops, then suddenly he accelerates again and spins into the QB's ankle, miraculously. The network feed even caught his eyes registering the intent (not pictured).  

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Caesar said:

Joe and Josh are good friends. 

The Bills are by far the bengals' fanbase's 2nd favorite team.

1.  This is true, but it's not the Bills fault.  It is our pathetic owner's fault that established a reputation that did not deserve respect.  He is out of the way now.

2.  This is definitely true.  It was early when it stopped and the Bills could very well had come back and won that game.  But we were feeling really good about our play that night.  The NFL screwed us terrible, but no one has blamed the Bills.

I was under the impression that Josh Allen and Joe Burrow we’re friends

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Didn't Dawkins say they don’t like each other?  That there is some real animosity and that game Monday was going to be a shootout - he could tell from the atmosphere how intense it was going to be.

2 things I don’t like about this game:

1.  The Bengals being AFC Champs; beat KC; upgraded their roster; and had to hear about the Bills all off season and in season. 

2.  They feel they “lost” the opportunity to play this game at home.  

I’m pretty sure they hate us.  

We are going to need to increase the intensity level to something the Bengals didn’t even see in Kansas City.  

And score 40.  

I was at the game.  It was the loudest game I’ve ever been to.  There were a ton of Bills fans there.  Every play was being cheered by one side or the other.  It was electric until it wasn’t.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Caesar said:

Hendrickson is our biggest Christian, he is always praying for someone and every interview is a thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ.  I promise you the guy has never had the reputation of playing dirty.

uh. because he is religious means he can't be dirty? that's a stretch.

non related note...i have tickets to the game this weekend in buffalo and can give you my private jet to go the game. send me $300 and you'll get a jet, limo, and 6 tickets.

A while ago during Bengals week, someone posted a video about Burrow “not caring” about football and that was supposed to be a big edge for him in big games. I can’t find it anymore. 

If that’s true, that’s probably the biggest difference between him and Josh, who lives and breathes football.

9 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

A while ago during Bengals week, someone posted a video about Burrow “not caring” about football and that was supposed to be a big edge for him in big games. I can’t find it anymore. 

If that’s true, that’s probably the biggest difference between him and Josh, who lives and breathes football.

Yet Josh says that when he trained with Jordan Palmer down in Arizona with Burrow, it was Burrow who was all football, all the time, and Allen was the one trying to lighten the mood.

1 hour ago, wjag said:

I was at the game.  It was the loudest game I’ve ever been to.  There were a ton of Bills fans there.  Every play was being cheered by one side or the other.  It was electric until it wasn’t.  

It sounded loud on TV.

Only comparison was Arrowhead in Week 6. 

13 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Not the impression I get.  I watched an extended interview between Cowherd and Joey B.  Joe is as even keel as they come.  He thoughtfully considers his answers to every question.  He seems so inflappable.  Great quality for a QB.  He is going to be a good one for a long time.

Edited by wjag
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, arcane said:

Yeah, Caesar is both blind and a Homer. Look at that neck twisting to make sure he nails Allen's leg. Unreal. 

Josh will have to watch himself this game. The Bengals are dirty and know that taking Josh out is their best chance to get back to the Super Bowl.

30 minutes ago, wjag said:

Not the impression I get.  I watched an extended interview between Cowherd and Joey B.  Joe is as even keel as they come.  He thoughtfully considers his answers to every question.  He seems so inflappable.  Great quality for a QB.  He is going to be a good one for a long time.

Yeah, I didn't see that video that was posted, about him "not caring." I was trying to find it so I could assess...

He does seem to be a good clutch player. Gotta say, I think we are gonna take this one, anyway.

21 hours ago, arcane said:

*ball doinks off of a receiver's chest and into a DB's arms*

HOW DARE YOU JOSH ALLEN

Josh, why did you quit running john brown's route?

Anyone have the all 22 of this play? None of the currently available camera angles show this. Didn't look like he gave up at the game either(I did look away from brown for a second on that play so it is possible, just haven't been shown any definitive proof other than romo said it). The camera angles currently available show the ball went the proper distance it was just too far inside. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Anyone have the all 22 of this play? None of the currently available camera angles show this. Didn't look like he gave up at the game either. The camera angles currently available show the ball went the proper distance it was just too far inside. 

couple of the video guys at cover 1 swear that it was just a bad throw by Josh, that that john brown exact route is run frequently. That INT appeared to be on Josh, the Beasley one obviously wasnt on Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

couple of the video guys at cover 1 swear that it was just a bad throw by Josh, that that john brown exact route is run frequently. That INT appeared to be on Josh, the Beasley one obviously wasnt on Josh. 

From what I saw it was all on Josh as well. If that was thrown to the outside that was an easy TD.  If the route was supposed to go where Josh threw it than Id say it was a poor decision to throw that. It was heading right for a defender 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Caesar said:

Lol, what does that have to do with anything? I know Cincy is closer to the Bible Belt than Buffalo, but this is just bizarre 

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think I have PTSD from the MNF game that was called off where it looked like the Bengals were going to score on every drive. Hopefully our pass rush can take advantage of their o-line issues. That would help a lot. And Allen needs to dominate that banged up secondary. 

They are a great team.  They are going to score.  They have a great QB and one of the best trio of weapons in the league.  This game is going to come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

I agree. If the route was supposed to take Smoke to the pylon, why doesn't the throw travel anywhere near the pylon?  The Beasley int was just bad luck and a small arm bar that popped the ball out.

On 1/15/2023 at 10:28 PM, Best Williams Available said:

That Bengals team looked beatable just now. We surely did too today but ours was all self-inflicted. 

Well....the Bengals had their own self-inflicted wounds in the Ravens game, but the Ravens generously declined to take advantage and responded with their on harikiri.  For example, if the Ravens tried some sort of offense from the Cinci 3 yrd line except THREE SUCCESSiVE PASSES, are you kidding me?  They could have gone into halftime up 14-9 instead of 10-9

Then of course there's the inexplicable 3rd and 1 decision by the Ravens to chant "I believe I can fly" and have Huntley keep and jump over the pile with the ball extended a half yard short of the goal line and his teammates pushing him from behind (which works better if you're not in the air), like they were running different plays.  Why they didn't give to Dobbins or Gus Bus there, is a mystery for the ages. Result, 14 point swing and the final score, 24-17

My point is that the Bengals did not exactly show themselves to be an unstoppable juggernaut vs. the Ravens either.  They gave the Ravens the temporary lead on a turnover, then took the final lead on a Ravens miscue. 

Yes, it was vs. a division rival who knows them well. 

So was the Dolphins game where the Bills didn't show themselves to be an unstoppable juggernaut.

Bengals also looked thoroughly beatable vs. NWE, giving up 2 INTs and a fumble.  Two missed PAT and a missed 2 point from a tied game.

Now, whether our coaches choose a game plan that can beat them, remains to be seen.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They are a great team.  They are going to score.  They have a great QB and one of the best trio of weapons in the league.  This game is going to come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes IMO. 

How many games do Bills fans have to watch before they understand that the 1st quarter is where the opposing team will score as Frazier and co see what the  game plan is. Then the D settles down. It’s only been all season long. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/15/2023 at 10:31 PM, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Don’t base your expectations of how good the bengals are based off of how well the ravens D played. We don’t have the ravens D. Josh can’t turn the ball over again like today. He’s going to have to be perfect to match what burrow and chase are going to do to our DBs.

What does this mean?

Yes the Ravens have an excellent defense.  The #3 defense in the league, as it happens.

The Bills have the #2 defense in the league.

Is there some argument beyond "we don't have the Ravens Defense" about how the matchup is bad for the Bills D or something?  because statistically, the Bills have a better defense against the pass than the Ravens do, where we're a bit worse is against the run.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

What does this mean?

Yes the Ravens have an excellent defense.  The #3 defense in the league, as it happens.

The Bills have the #2 defense in the league.

Is there some argument beyond "we don't have the Ravens Defense" about how the matchup is bad for the Bills D or something?  because statistically, the Bills have a better defense against the pass than the Ravens do, where we're a bit worse is against the run.

I think objectively looking at it, the Ravens have better depth/talent in the secondary.  That is the edge I give them.  They also benefit from playing them twice yearly and now three times this year (twice in two weeks).  So they have their tendencies down.

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

That INT appeared to be on Josh, the Beasley one obviously wasnt on Josh. 

The Beasley pick was absolutely on Josh.  Beasley was blanketed.  That ball never should have been thrown. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 1/15/2023 at 10:27 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I am scared to effing death.  Where has our pass rush been?  I understand losing Miller is a big loss but against 3 back up lineman, we didn’t dominate upfront.

I don't think that was our game plan.   It looked to me as though we played to contain Thompson in the pocket, stop the run, and control Hill and Waddle.

Pretty much worked too.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, wjag said:

I think objectively looking at it, the Ravens have better depth/talent in the secondary.  That is the edge I give them.  They also benefit from playing them twice yearly and now three times this year (twice in two weeks).  So they have their tendencies down.

So the reason the Bills have the #5 D in Y/A given up (6.5)  while the Ravens have the #7 D in Y/A given up (7.2) would be ????

We're not that much more of a pressure team, 22.4% vs 19.2%

The "tendencies down" bit does matter.  But it matters to the Dolphins vs Bills game too.

13 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They are the defending AFC Champs, they can be cocky. They are the Champs until someone beats them.

That take is So Last Year

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So the reason the Bills have the #5 D in Y/A given up (6.5)  while the Ravens have the #7 D in Y/A given up (7.2) would be ????

We're not that much more of a pressure team, 22.4% vs 19.2%

The "tendencies down" bit does matter.  But it matters to the Dolphins vs Bills game too.

That take is So Last Year

The Ravens play an aggressive style, and that is presumed “ better” by many fans. 

9 hours ago, Caesar said:

Only you are comparing him to Allen, why?  Joe was the PFF leader last year while being sacked 1,365 times.  Joe is an extremely accurate passer, more than Josh will ever be.  No one thinks that Josh reads the field pre or post snap as well as Burrow.

If they had a passing accuracy competition Joe would hit the target every time.  If it was a power competition Josh would destroy the targets.  Josh has a cannon, Josh is a powerful runner.  They are different.

Why do you think you have to sell Josh?

You sound like Chargers fans demanding that everyone love Herbert and people end up hating on the guy because of them.  

Dont make me dislike Josh because you cant get off the guy's ball sack.  He is great, I love watching him play.

If you come to dislike Josh, it's your decision. Not anyone elses.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Beasley pick was absolutely on Josh.  Beasley was blanketed.  That ball never should have been thrown. 

Yeah, Josh had some nerve hitting Beasley in the chest with the ball like that.

• Haha (+1) 10

Man, Bengals fans are really whiny about the game being in Buffalo this weekend.

Let’s go over who got what benefits (as it relates to the Bills-Bengals and ignore the Ravens coin flip stuff because it isn’t relevant here).

Bills hurt by:

- Lost the ability to get the #1 seed

Cincy hurt by:

- Lost the ability to get the #1 seed or #2 seed

Concessions made to the Bills:

- Neutral site AFCCG if same losses as Chiefs at the end of the year

Concessions made to the Bengals:

- Neutral site AFCCG if same losses as Chiefs at the end of the year

It doesn’t seem hugely unfair if you assume the Bills-Bengals game never happened. They were both given the same concessions, the Bills just went into that game with a better record so it feels like they got “more” to sour grapes Bengals fans.

• Like (+1) 3