We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Joe’s a tough dude. I going to say this bad both an insult and a compliment: Joe Burrow takes a sack better than anyone in the NFL. Josh could learn a lot from him about holding on to the ball when getting blasted by two 300 pound dudes.

Burrow never tried to stiff arm his way out of a sack though. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Watch it again, realizing that Hendrickson slows and braces himself on all fours, then somehow accelerates again into the QB's ankle.

There was a broadcast replay angle that showed us all Hendrickson's eyes pausing, then rolling left dramatically to locate Allen with the effort of a deliberate maneuver. It happened. I'm not a conspiracy-minded fellow. 

This is so stupid (cant think of a more polite word), watch it live, there is no pause.  You are wanting to see something.  If you were correct the League would have noticed.  You are wrong, many on this site disagreed with you, but you will never accept it so Im not sure what to tell you?

• Eyeroll 1

On 1/15/2023 at 11:27 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I am scared to effing death.  Where has our pass rush been?  I understand losing Miller is a big loss but against 3 back up lineman, we didn’t dominate upfront.

Like my uncle Luis says, “relaaax”

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Burrow never tried to stiff arm his way out of a sack though. 

Because QBs always stiff arm out of sacks.... why are you so dimwitted?  

We get it, Josh is a brute, Joe says Josh is awesome, but you come across ignorant of the game.  Most QBs don't have 37 redzone interceptions either... see how easy?  And this is stupid, but still not as dumb as your comment.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Nor would he ever try. Burrow is Brady with slightly better legs and a better arm. He’s accurate and makes good decisions with the ball. Josh Allen is an alien. 

Excellent quote except that Joe is way more athletic than Brady with his legs.  Clocked over 20 mph and he's very nimble in the pocket.

Josh is an alien.

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

Joe did have an ACL in year one that would be an ACL for any QB, even your Never Injured Iron Man...

Sep 12, 2015.  Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Allen broke his right clavicle in 7 different places in his 1st career start at Wyoming.

Nov 11, 2017.  Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Allen missed the final 2 regular-season games with a sprained AC joint in his throwing shoulder. He was able to return for the bowl game.

Oct 28, 2011.  Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Allen missed 4 games of his sophomore season of high school with a broken right collarbone.

Oct 14, 2018.  Arm Elbow Sprain Allen missed 4 games with a right elbow injury. Specifically, the injury was to his UCL.

Sep 29, 2019.  Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Allen left his team's Week 4 game against the New England Patriots in the fourth quarter with a head injury. He was available for the next game

Dec 12, 2021. Pedal Toe Turf Toe Allen suffered a turf toe injury in Week 14's loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Nov 6, 2022.  Arm Elbow Sprain Allen suffered a UCL injury late in Week 9.

It's football, guys get hurt.  Joe is still 6-4, 218 he isnt Tua.

Allen has never been broken like Joey Burrow. He’s 30 lbs larger, runs faster and has more vert. I’ve seen some more toughness from Burrow in 2022, he was my fantasy QB. Loved the midseason TD run stretch. Burrow is good no doubt, but his penchant for touch passes won’t fly in Orchard Park. He will need to plant and drive the ball by hanging in the pocket. Burrow doesn’t seem fully confident in his knee, I see lots of flat footed hop passes trying to protect the knee. 

We get it, Josh is a brute, Joe says Josh is awesome, but you come across ignorant of the game.  Most QBs don't have 37 redzone interceptions either... see how easy?  And this is stupid, but still not as dumb as your comment.

And Josh has all the respect in the world for Joe. These are fans talking the week before a playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Interesting, never noticed that, we have other teams fans on the site tonight.  One of the names is Packer something, so Im not sure they adhere to that description.  I hope they dont.

You will get the boot eventually. Took the mods 2 days to notice my posts

38 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah for sure. Just surprised all the love for the Bills. Seems like a really big number against IMO the best or second best team in the conference. I view the Bengals as a stiffer challenge than the Chiefs. But again, Vegas, the money would likely see the Chiefs as the bigger challenge. 

Chiefs have lost five of their last six to the Bills and Bengals for a reason. They are not as good as those two teams.

Bills defense was great against the dolphins but I think that’s getting lost due to how weird the game was…Skylar Thompson really didn’t play that badly given the circumstances. He bought himself a lot of extra time and made some plays off script.  

held them to 42 rushing yards on 15 drives.  

cincy is banged up on the offensive line also and burrow is not the most mobile guy in the universe.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Allen has never been broken like Joey Burrow. He’s 30 lbs larger, runs faster and has more vert. I’ve seen some more toughness from Burrow in 2022, he was my fantasy QB. Loved the midseason TD run stretch. Burrow is good no doubt, but his penchant for touch passes won’t fly in Orchard Park. He will need to plant and drive the ball by hanging in the pocket. Burrow doesn’t seem fully confident in his knee, I see lots of flat footed hop passes trying to protect the knee. 

The more you comment the more Im convinced you just make ***** up...

I just provided you a list of Allens injuries and games he has missed.  Sorry to stun you but big guys like Allen can suffer an ACL - it is beyond stupid to thing he can't.

Why are you even comparing the 2 physically?  Is it because Burrow has better stats?

Burrow's pinpoint passes wont work, but Tua can run it up on you guys and Cousins can beat you... but Burrow "will need to plant and drive the ball by hanging in the pocket",  lol. 

You are actually kind of funny, Im now thinking Im missing your sarcasm, you playing me?.... seriously.

• Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Excellent quote except that Joe is way more athletic than Brady with his legs.  Clocked over 20 mph and he's very nimble in the pocket.

Josh is an alien.

I was not talking about athleticism. I meant that Burrow will run, but only as a last resort. The Bengals got some key first downs yesterday on Burrow’s legs but he read every progression twice before running. Josh runs when he seems an opening and. trucks LBs.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Caesar said:

This is so stupid (cant think of a more polite word), watch it live, there is no pause.  You are wanting to see something.  If you were correct the League would have noticed.  You are wrong, many on this site disagreed with you, but you will never accept it so Im not sure what to tell you?

I’m with you after originally thinking Hendrickson rolled into him on purpose.  The replay had a really odd hitch in it that it took me a few times to realize 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

You will get the boot eventually. Took the mods 2 days to notice my posts

I have the same name on there, if anyone posts there do a shout out and I'l let the mods know I invited you.  That is just patheticness to not let other fans on our board.  Like I said we have some that post weekly... so Im not sure how much it is enforced. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Caesar said:

The more you comment the more Im convinced you just make ***** up...

I just provided you a list of Allens injuries and games he has missed.  Sorry to stun you but big guys like Allen can suffer an ACL - it is beyond stupid to thing he can't.

Why are you even comparing the 2 physically?  Is it because Burrow has better stats?

Burrow's pinpoint passes wont work, but Tua can run it up on you guys and Cousins can beat you... but Burrow "will need to plant and drive the ball by hanging in the pocket",  lol. 

You are actually kind of funny, Im now thinking Im missing your sarcasm, you playing me?.... seriously.

You do realize throwing against the tunnel end into a 15 mph wind speed can move a 20 yard pass 3-6’? Jim Kelly was an accurate passer with a 58% completion rate. Allen is 5% better in same conditions. Burrow is in for a treat if he believes he can do same throwing motion in Buffalo. Haha

43 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The Bengals do NOT seem cocky or arrogant in their locker room celebration video. They seem determined and happy. However...

after Trey Hendrickson's obvious and despicable attempt to injure Josh Allen (his momentum has stopped as he lands on all fours, and then WHOOPSY he violently flops onto Allen's ankle)

I'm having a harder time being objective about the Bengals. It's dangerous for the NFL NOT to go back and reconsider what that snake did, because he tried it again, possibly, this weekend against the Ravens, taking out one of their OL (I'm not seeing a video clip or call for review from this past week, but it sure seemed like Hendrickson's "momentum" yet again carried through an opposing player unnecessarily). 

Didn't Dawkins say they don’t like each other?  That there is some real animosity and that game Monday was going to be a shootout - he could tell from the atmosphere how intense it was going to be.

2 things I don’t like about this game:

1.  The Bengals being AFC Champs; beat KC; upgraded their roster; and had to hear about the Bills all off season and in season. 

2.  They feel they “lost” the opportunity to play this game at home.  

I’m pretty sure they hate us.  

We are going to need to increase the intensity level to something the Bengals didn’t even see in Kansas City.  

And score 40.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Joe did have an ACL in year one that would be an ACL for any QB, even your Never Injured Iron Man...

Sep 12, 2015.  Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Allen broke his right clavicle in 7 different places in his 1st career start at Wyoming.

Nov 11, 2017.  Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Allen missed the final 2 regular-season games with a sprained AC joint in his throwing shoulder. He was able to return for the bowl game.

Oct 28, 2011.  Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Allen missed 4 games of his sophomore season of high school with a broken right collarbone.

Oct 14, 2018.  Arm Elbow Sprain Allen missed 4 games with a right elbow injury. Specifically, the injury was to his UCL.

Sep 29, 2019.  Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Allen left his team's Week 4 game against the New England Patriots in the fourth quarter with a head injury. He was available for the next game

Dec 12, 2021. Pedal Toe Turf Toe Allen suffered a turf toe injury in Week 14's loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Nov 6, 2022.  Arm Elbow Sprain Allen suffered a UCL injury late in Week 9.

It's football, guys get hurt.  Joe is still 6-4, 218 he isnt Tua.

Wait, aren't you going to include his skinned knee in 8th grade? 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

You do realize throwing against the tunnel end into a 15 mph wind speed can move a 20 yard pass 3-6’? Jim Kelly was an accurate passer with a 58% completion rate. Allen is 5% better in same conditions. Burrow is in for a treat if he believes he can do same throwing motion in Buffalo. Haha

Lol, ok Jordan Palmer, when does your QB camp start this offseason?  

Burrow played HS in Ohio, at Ohio State, we are in the AFCN.  The guy is a Heisman Winner and AFC Champion QB.  Not sure why you think Joe is some noodle arm QB?   But if you think Tua and Cousins are better, that's your opinion.  

7 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Wait, aren't you going to include his skinned knee in 8th grade? 

What about when he clunked his head against his teammates head playing street ball in front of his house when he was 12? He got whiplash, took 2 plays off and finished the game

Edited by Buffalo03

19 minutes ago, Caesar said:

No he absolutely intentionally rolled on Josh. If you can’t see that you’re either blind or a biased homer. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

14 minutes ago, Caesar said:

While you MIGHT be taking some liberties with MY thinking (beyond what I've shared), I have not yet seen convincing refutations of my take on the Hendrickson/Allen ankle rollup. The live ESPN broadcast stream showed the damning replay angle right as they were going to commercial, but it didn't really get a chance to fully play. 

What I've seen since does not convince me that nothing happened. Yet, I AM willing to be proven wrong. I'm even HOPEFUL that I'm wrong, because I effing HATE dirtbag cheapshots in such physically brutal sports.

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Bills defense was great against the dolphins but I think that’s getting lost due to how weird the game was…Skylar Thompson really didn’t play that badly given the circumstances. He bought himself a lot of extra time and made some plays off script.  

held them to 42 rushing yards on 15 drives.  

cincy is banged up on the offensive line also and burrow is not the most mobile guy in the universe.  

I think I have PTSD from the MNF game that was called off where it looked like the Bengals were going to score on every drive. Hopefully our pass rush can take advantage of their o-line issues. That would help a lot. And Allen needs to dominate that banged up secondary. 

• Agree 1

Burrow played HS in Ohio, at Ohio State, we are in the AFCN.  The guy is a Heisman Winner and AFC Champion QB.  Not sure why you think Joe is some noodle arm QB?   But if you think Tua and Cousins are better, that's your opinion.  

You’re arguing with drunk happy people.

We just watched Tom Brady lose for perhaps the last time. Imaging watching Ben Rothlesburger lose his last game. Now picture 7 rings on his fingers. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Didn't Dawkins say they don’t like each other?  That there is some real animosity and that game Monday was going to be a shootout - he could tell from the atmosphere how intense it was going to be.

2 things I don’t like about this game:

1.  The Bengals being AFC Champs; beat KC; upgraded their roster; and had to hear about the Bills all off season and in season. 

2.  They feel they “lost” the opportunity to play this game at home.  

I’m pretty sure they hate us.  

We are going to need to increase the intensity level to something the Bengals didn’t even see in Kansas City.  

And score 40.  

Joe and Josh are good friends. 

The Bills are by far the bengals' fanbase's 2nd favorite team.

1.  This is true, but it's not the Bills fault.  It is our pathetic owner's fault that established a reputation that did not deserve respect.  He is out of the way now.

2.  This is definitely true.  It was early when it stopped and the Bills could very well had come back and won that game.  But we were feeling really good about our play that night.  The NFL screwed us terrible, but no one has blamed the Bills.

15 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m with you after originally thinking Hendrickson rolled into him on purpose.  The replay had a really odd hitch in it that it took me a few times to realize 

BS. He did it last night against the ravens too. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

While you MIGHT be taking some liberties with MY thinking (beyond what I've shared), I have not yet seen convincing refutations of my take on the Hendrickson/Allen ankle rollup. The live ESPN broadcast stream showed the damning replay angle right as they were going to commercial, but it didn't really get a chance to fully play. 

What I've seen since does not convince me that nothing happened. Yet, I AM willing to be proven wrong. I'm even HOPEFUL that I'm wrong, because I effing HATE dirtbag cheapshots in such physically brutal sports.

Hendrickson is our biggest Christian, he is always praying for someone and every interview is a thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ.  I promise you the guy has never had the reputation of playing dirty.

• Haha (+1) 7

HS ball in southern Ohio - no lake effect. Sat bench at Ohio State. Went to LSU and won a Heisman at age 23 with Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase won a National Championship.

At same age Allen was in NFL year 2 playing in the playoffs. 

Burrow has 3 WR1 caliber WRs to toss the rock to (Higgins, Chase and Boyd). Not saying he’s Tua or Cousins, just saying he’s not Allen. 

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You are good with how they played on defense yesterday against a 3rd string rookie 7th round QB? If that’s the case then agree to disagree. They dropped huge passes yesterday that are big plays and beat us. I’m not ok whatsoever with the Defense. If you are good, it is what it is.

I think you need to look at the stat sheet...Miami did little as far as gaining tons of yards and having sustained drives.....they simply took advantage of turnovers and the great field position that came from those turnovers

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think I have PTSD from the MNF game that was called off where it looked like the Bengals were going to score on every drive. Hopefully our pass rush can take advantage of their o-line issues. That would help a lot. And Allen needs to dominate that banged up secondary. 

It would probably help if the Bengals do score on every drive Sunday, that way your mind isnt confused....

Lucky for us Bengals our injuries are only in the secondary and the next couple games are vs average QBs.....

And double lucky for us is that we have 2 scrubs, and one 3rd team beyond scrub playing out of position, starting on the oline, along with a 4th round rookie who still has a ways to go.   But as we have seen blocking is overrated, so no biggie there either.....

My PTSD is already creeping in....

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

HS ball in southern Ohio - no lake effect. Sat bench at Ohio State. Went to LSU and won a Heisman at age 23 with Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase won a National Championship.

At same age Allen was in NFL year 2 playing in the playoffs. 

Burrow has 3 WR1 caliber WRs to toss the rock to (Higgins, Chase and Boyd). Not saying he’s Tua or Cousins, just saying he’s not Allen. 

Only you are comparing him to Allen, why?  Joe was the PFF leader last year while being sacked 1,365 times.  Joe is an extremely accurate passer, more than Josh will ever be.  No one thinks that Josh reads the field pre or post snap as well as Burrow.

If they had a passing accuracy competition Joe would hit the target every time.  If it was a power competition Josh would destroy the targets.  Josh has a cannon, Josh is a powerful runner.  They are different.

Why do you think you have to sell Josh?

You sound like Chargers fans demanding that everyone love Herbert and people end up hating on the guy because of them.  

Dont make me dislike Josh because you cant get off the guy's ball sack.  He is great, I love watching him play.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

It would probably help if the Bengals do score on every drive Sunday, that way your mind isnt confused....

Lucky for us Bengals our injuries are only in the secondary and the next couple games are vs average QBs.....

And double lucky for us is that we have 2 scrubs, and one 3rd team beyond scrub playing out of position, starting on the oline, along with a 4th round rookie who still has a ways to go.   But as we have seen blocking is overrated, so no biggie there either.....

My PTSD is already creeping in....

It’s not just injuries. Offensively the Bengals should score 50 a game. Great QB, best WR trio in the league, and Joe Mixon. It has to be the play calling. I know a lot of Bengals fans and I know I’m not off base.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

It’s not just injuries. Offensively the Bengals should score 50 a game. Great QB, best WR trio in the league, and Joe Mixon. It has to be the play calling. I know a lot of Bengals fans and I know I’m not off base.

Mixon is not that guy, many of us are ok with letting the $24M over the next 2 years walk after the season. 

Zac has been fine, he totally screwed up the 1st Ravens game, but people cant love the big plays and not give him credit.  ALso a lot of issues was the new oline are no wide zone blockers, jsut not that athletic, they are strong and inside gap types, once we figured that out things were much better.

When our Oline is fully healthy and protecting Joe we can beat any team in the league.  That hasnt happened much, even tho guys didnt miss games they have had to play hobbled.  And now they are missing games.

The Bengals fanbase most likely has one of the largest pools of "not very well informed" low level fans in all the NFL.

21 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

No he absolutely intentionally rolled on Josh. If you can’t see that you’re either blind or a biased homer. 

Seem to be a lot of biased closet Bengals homers on this board that agree with me...?

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Only you are comparing him to Allen, why?  Joe was the PFF leader last year while being sacked 1,365 times.  Joe is an extremely accurate passer, more than Josh will ever be.  No one thinks that Josh reads the field pre or post snap as well as Burrow.

If they had a passing accuracy competition Joe would hit the target every time.  If it was a power competition Josh would destroy the targets.  Josh has a cannon, Josh is a powerful runner.  They are different.

Why do you think you have to sell Josh?

You sound like Chargers fans demanding that everyone love Herbert and people end up hating on the guy because of them.  

Dont make me dislike Josh because you cant get off the guy's ball sack.  He is great, I love watching him play.

Weird I told you I picked Burrow for my fantasy team and somehow you think I don’t respect his game. His accuracy is on point, although 2% under Geno Smith. We both know completion % isn’t the be all end all in QB efficiency. We will see on Sunday. 

33 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Hendrickson is our biggest Christian, he is always praying for someone and every interview is a thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ.  I promise you the guy has never had the reputation of playing dirty.

Good he can ask for forgiveness 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Joe and Josh are good friends. 

The Bills are by far the bengals' fanbase's 2nd favorite team.

1.  This is true, but it's not the Bills fault.  It is our pathetic owner's fault that established a reputation that did not deserve respect.  He is out of the way now.

2.  This is definitely true.  It was early when it stopped and the Bills could very well had come back and won that game.  But we were feeling really good about our play that night.  The NFL screwed us terrible, but no one has blamed the Bills.

Pretty intrigued for the rematch…I felt pretty good about the bills chances that night too haha.  The bills defense always starts slow and our offense is virtually impossible to stop when they’re getting offensive line push like we saw on that first drive. That would’ve been a fun one if the worst thing ever didn’t happen. 

• Agree 2