We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm all in with Josh.

image.png.20b65d07a7e82df152c266f54acf8285.png

Give me a 45-42 victory against the Bengals, but we give up two returns for TDs (so there are built in excuses for some of the play).  

Magic happens in mayhem and I love seeing those digits fly by.  BTW, in the scenario above Josh throws for 375 and has 3 passing and 1 rushing TD.

Cook gallops for a 38 yarder, too!

EDIT:  Anyone ever hear a Jaguars fan wax poetic about their 10-3 win over us in the 2017 Playoff?

of course not.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

4 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Most commentary right now anticipates him being out. The main Bengals blog has an article about how they should give Whitworth a call to come fill in. So, sounds like a serious loss for them if they are to the point of trying to bring somebody out of retirement for the game.

https://stripehype.com/posts/bengals-give-andrew-whitworth-call-after-losing-jonah-williams

And still, he was consistently being folded in half and pushed into Burrows lap. 

I don't know if Jackson Carmen in any good in pass pro, but he can't be weaker against bull rushes. 

Edited by Motorin'

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Give me a 45-42 victory against the Bengals, but we give up two returns for TDs.  

Magic happens in mayhem and I love seeing those digits fly by.  BTW, in the scenario above Josh throws for 375 and has 3 passing and 1 rushing TD.

Cook gallops for a 38 yarder, too!

Nice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Have to think that the comments on the improved Bengals O-line are dated now that three of their starting players are down and probably out. Capps and their LT were good to go Jan 2 when the piece was written. I wonder how much that would change their analysis. 

14 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Need pressure from the front 4, they kinda disappointed today against another banged up OL. I need Groot and Oliver especially to be at their best. 

Where was Groot. I can't find the snap counts. Seemed like Boogie was in at his spot everytime I focused on them

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

And why should they not complain? They have legit gripes that even Bills fans can acknowledge. They are completely separate issues, but you keep trying to combine their beef with the league with their feelings about Damar and the Bills.

Boy oh boy.  They ARE tied together in that their gripe stems from the NFL's decision that stems from Damar's injury.  It doesn't mean Cincy doesn't care about what happened to Damar.  It's just a bad look. 

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

They were being asked about it in interviews, it’s not like they were calling press conferences themselves. Not your style, I get it, but to me you’re trying to make a mountain out of a molehill 

Lol, I stated my thoughts and that other guy disputed it, over and over.  Almost like the media was asking questions of Cincy.  

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

- IMO, the top story all week will be the state of the Bengals offensive line. Right now, it Cincinnati could be down three starters, including both tackles. 

- The Ravens defense is great but even so, the Bengals could not run and their pass protection was poor. 

- On their first possession of the second half Bengals scored a TD (and added a two point conversion) to go up 17-10.

- This was their first possession after LT Jonah Williams got hurt. They drove 83 yards for the score. 

- However, after that possession, the Bengals went:

• 3 plays, 8 yards
  • 6 plays, 13 yards
  • 3 plays, -1 yard

Three possessions is a VERY small sample size but if it were the Bills, most would find it disconcerting. 

Bottom line is we're playing Jax without that fumble recovery. 

Ravens have a much more complex and better D than us, despite what the stats say. Should be a helluva game.  Von will be seriously missed vs backup tackles because we have no DEs that consistently get pressure 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, chongli said:

Ugh...just read this on the Bengals forum:

"it's been 3 decades since the last time a WC game winner that allowed 30 or more points also won the next week. Teams are 0-7 since then. "

Yeah yeah and no wildcard team with that big of a spread has ever won... until yesterday.  That stuff is meaningless.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Boy oh boy.  They ARE tied together in that their gripe stems from the NFL's decision that stems from Damar's injury.  It doesn't mean Cincy doesn't care about what happened to Damar.  It's just a bad look. 

And why is that?  You've never really explained the why it is part even though you keep asserting it is.  

Echoing what others have said, sounds like their starting tackles will both be out.  Collins, obviously, and Williams is reportedly going to be out with the dislocated kneecap.  

Cappa, not sure, but last I saw of him was at Bengals practice last week in a boot and on a scooter.  

Judging by Karras’ comment, he seems to be expecting them all to be out on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

What spread. Who won??

I swear there was a thing going around all week that no wildcard team with a spread as big as the Bills has ever won or hasnt won since the 70's or something stupid.  Regardless if true or not these types of things are meaningless.

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Lol, check my replies to you and piece it together.  There's your link.  Jesus you are strange.

So you know you haven't actually done what you're claiming to have done.  Gotcha

Your argument: The Bengals having a beef with how the league handled the seeding is a bad look because I say there's a link to the Damar incident.  

Give me a break.

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So you know you haven't actually done what you're claiming to have done.  Gotcha

Lol, check my replies to you and piece it together.  There's your link.  Jesus you are strange

How do you block someone?  Can't find the option. EDIT - got it.

Edited by Johnnycage46

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Lol, check my replies to you and piece it together.  There's your link.  Jesus you are strange

Your argument: The Bengals having a beef with how the league handled the seeding is a bad look because I say there's a link to the Damar incident even though I've already admitted it doesn't mean they don't care about Damar.

Sure thing, bro.

Edited by Billz4ever

42 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

They seem to suck in the moment, like when they're giving up TDs, but then at the end of the day you look at the box score and they've given up 231 yds of total offense, stuffed the run for 42 yds total, collected 2 interceptions , and allowed 25% 3rd down conversion.

We don't remember the 12 3rd downs and 1 4th down they stuffed, we remember the 4 3rd downs and the 1 4th down they allowed to convert.

I'd be thrilled if, for the remainder of the post-season, the defense took the ball away as often as the offense gives it away, and if the sacks for were at least as many as the number of sacks allowed.

I'm quite sure that we won't be facing any QBs the caliber of Thompson any time soon.

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Eric Wood just said Jonah Williams had a dislocated knee cap last night. Cant imagine he'd be able to play on Sunday the, could he?

I don't possibly see how unless it's a very, very mild dislocation, which is really never the case with a dislocated patella.  It's either dislocated or it's not.

Usually a several week recovery. 

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Eric Wood just said Jonah Williams had a dislocated knee cap last night. Cant imagine he'd be able to play on Sunday the, could he?

My son told me this.  Said he did it last year too and didn't miss a game.  I guess it depends if he tore anything.  I would imagine they need to wait for the swelling to go down first to determine extent.

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ouch...that sounds painful.

Man...both starting tackles out for Cincy.....O how I wish Von Miller were available!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Smart move is to bet against the Bills as a hedge against devastating emotions. 

yup.  

Bills cover the spread - great!!! They won!

Bengals win outright - G** ***** all.  But at least you win a little coin to soften the blow.

Bills win but don’t cover the spread - 🕺🏼💃🏼🕺🏼

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They followed up and said he dislocated in back in Week 5 and played the next week, but now there's more concern and it sounds like a potentially more serious injury than the first time.  

Their Center Ted Karras has a quote where he's talking like they are expecting to be down Jonah Williams and Alex Cappa, along with La'el Collins of course. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, wjag said:

My son told me this.  Said he did it last year too and didn't miss a game.  I guess it depends if he tore anything.  I would imagine they need to wait for the swelling to go down first to determine extent.

He legit dislocated his patella and missed no time?  That's pretty out of the norm for such an injury.  I suppose if there was no damage to the soft tissue whatsoever, it's possible, but like I said, not typical.  Even with no damage, it's still going to be very painful and inflamed.  

The only shot we have to stop that offense is to get to Burrow. If you let him sit in the pocket and get comfortable, those WRs are going to kill us. You have to send pressure. You have to get there and you have to get hands in passing lanes. Elam and Tre need to be physical and on these WRs tight. Send pressure and hit Burrow as much as possible. Sitting back will not work against this offense 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The only shot we have to stop that offense is to get to Burrow. If you let him sit in the pocket and get comfortable, those WRs are going to kill us. You have to send pressure. You have to get there and you have to get hands in passing lanes. Elam and Tre need to be physical and on these WRs tight. Send pressure and hit Burrow as much as possible. Sitting back will not work against this offense 

They had 2 first downs in the second half.

• Shocked 1

Should be an interesting game plan this week.  I don't get the sense that Cincy modifies their offensive game plan week-to-week.  Hopefully Buffalo facing Hill and Waddle twice in four weeks have paid some coverage dividends.  The DLINE needs to get home.  Would really love to see a ball control, clock eating set of drives from Buffalo.  Practice this week, because if it works, you are going to need it again the following week.

6 minutes ago, wjag said:

Should be an interesting game plan this week.  I don't get the sense that Cincy modifies their offensive game plan week-to-week.  Hopefully Buffalo facing Hill and Waddle twice in four weeks have paid some coverage dividends.  The DLINE needs to get home.  Would really love to see a ball control, clock eating set of drives from Buffalo.  Practice this week, because if it works, you are going to need it again the following week.

With Tre White having rounded into form, Taron Johnson playing well after occasional mid-season hiccups, and Kaiir Elam making some game changing plays yesterday -- not to mention Benford being healthy and Dane Jackson having been cleared to return to yesterday's game if needed -- one could argue that the cornerback room is in the best place it's been all season.

The Bills will need every bit of that cornerback talent to get past the Bengals, whose WR trio is as good as any in the league.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7