Tua ruled out vs Buffalo, Skylar Thompson expected to start

Process

Miami will try to ball control with running it of course, and short passes. Control the clock and shorten the game.  If Allen is playoff Josh Allen, the Bills should move the ball and score to the point Miami can't just play keep away in hopes of winning.  They will need points.

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I know people are excited by this news but my first thought is how bad is his brain if he can't clear concussion protocol 3 weeks later? Really sad news for me personally. Hope he is able to get healthy

I think the issue is more that he suffered three this season. 

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I don't know how much this really changes the gameplan for the Bills, honestly. 

I dont think they have to play as tight as they would with Tua, a lot of zone imo  with Skylar and Bills will have more time to get to him maybe add a few sacks.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Sorry, but I can't take a Tua-less Miami team seriously.  We should thump any team that rolls in here with their 3rd-string QB.  If the Bills somehow lose this game, I'll be able to sleep like a baby knowing that there's no way were getting past the Bengals or Chiefs so there's no need to play "what if?" in the back of my mind.  

Depends if Mostert plays and how effective he is.  He abused the Bills in the last game.

• Eyeroll 1

Don't forget, it's loud as hell there and Skylar hasn't really experienced that kind of added layer of noise.  The helmet mic has somewhat killed that advantage but he still has to work through it and get guys in position pre snap and audible.

Disclaimer:

Miami will play this game like they’ve already been eliminated. Watch out for opening onside kick. Fake punts. Going for it on every 4th and short. Trick plays galore. We need to be ready for that sorta stuff now. 

Let’s get some good mojo going on offense/defense, avoid injuries, and use this game as a springboard to Cincy and/or Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Miami will try to ball control with running it of course, and short passes. Control the clock and shorten the game.  If Allen is playoff Josh Allen, the Bills should move the ball and score to the point Miami can't just play keep away in hopes of winning.  They will need points.

They will try to hold the ball 40 minutes of the game. That is the danger. If we cant stop the run and let MIA eat clock then we could be looking at a close game. 

I still rather face them without Tua. But you can ask yourself - do you prefer more of a shootout with Tua? Or potential grind it out game with MIA looking for 8 minute drives running the ball 40+ times? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

If Tua HAD played in this game it could have been competitive, but (and this is for the thousands of clowns over at Finheaven or wtvr it's called, who have little to no understanding of the actual game of football and seemingly never will) make no mistake, Tua is a limited QB who, when healthy, CANNOT consistently hit the outside throws (mid to deep outs, etc.) without absolutely perfect timing in a clean pocket. He just can't. And his incredibly speedy receivers are often sitting and waiting on his deep throws. Teams have been taking away his bread and butter (the middle of the field, crossers) for what 6 weeks now? That's the real him. Limited. He is not an elite QB and never will be. Plus he gets rag dolled out there far too often. Could they win in the playoffs with him in the future? Sure, but its going to take flawless execution by the team.

With that said, Tua is a great person and a good player, and I am so glad his team finally is taking the correct approach with him and showing some level of care for his health.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

For his own good really.   Nice to see the Dolphins organization actually doing the right thing by a young player, and not just providing lip service.  Bottom line is the guy shouldn't be starting.   

Now, on to what I expect to be an absolute shellacking on Sunday...

Honestly, I don't think this is as much about Miami doing the right thing as it is about the league imposed concussion protocol.  With Tua having already played in two games after sustaining a concussion, I'm sure the league is keeping a close eye on Miami.   Miami may be trying to do the right thing at this point, but I don't think they have any choice in the decision of Tua this weekend.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

They will try to hold the ball 40 minutes of the game. That is the danger. If we cant stop the run and let MIA eat clock then we could be looking at a close game. 

I still rather face them without Tua. But you can ask yourself - do you prefer more of a shootout with Tua? Or potential grind it out game with MIA looking for 8 minute drives running the ball 40+ times? 

At some point you have to stop being worried of everything. We were favored to win with a healthy Tua. If we can’t stop the run when we know the run is coming with a 3rd sting QB we have no place contending for the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

I feel for Tua - what a tough season for him.  Like everyone, I'm worried about his long-term health & career, but that's up to him, his advisors and medical professionals. I hope he can make it back safely, because he's fun to watch (when he's not playing us, of course), and he seems like a great guy.

Honestly, it would be one of the  more embarrassing losses in Bills history if we don't win now.  It could be easy for the team to treat this as a scrimmage now - I have faith that McD won't let that happen though.  This really should be an easy win if they're focused.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

No game is a given. It's now a one game season EVERY week. You feel bad for Tua, but this basically puts us into the Divisional Round. I hope for Tua's sake that he rides off of his likeability and latches on with College Game Day or something. If he keeps playing football things will only get worse. 

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Hypothetically could McDaniel lie about tua being out?

If there is a coach that would do this not caring about consequences it's him 

That would be a monster risk.  If Tua showed up and were concussed again, the guy would never coach again.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I actually agree with Colin here.

Yeah it isn't just a one sided protect the player situation, Tua definitely has a side to this of wanting to be out there for what is a very limited opportunity to try and make his dream a reality. Just a tough situation all around.

9 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

No. Tua would need a non-contact practice with football activities and a full-contact practice. Tomorrow is the final full-contact practice before gameday. He would have had to practice today and tomorrow to clear protocol. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think there would be huge league repercussions if that somehow ever happened.

McDaniel literally said today that doctors haven't cleared him to resume football activities.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

There are plenty of sneaky snakes among the NFL head coaching ranks (what up Bill B). I’m sure if someone thought it could be done, long ago they would’ve tried the “yeah, so and so is ruled out…..PSYCH!” thing already. 

Edited by jimmy10
typo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.