Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’d be perfectly fine tossing in a 2024 Conditional pick as well

There's a good chance AZ ends up having to cut him for nothing and they still have to eat 8M of deadcap. I wouldn't throw them a bone that isn't needed and I don't think it's needed.

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Only thing I would love more than this is going from 27 <-> 34, and 91 <->105 (for them taking on some of his contract). If they need next years 6th as well I’d throw it in for sure.

You’re saying you’d want to move back  twice instead of giving them a 3rd? Idk. I think I’d rather just give them the 3rd. You could always move back with the 1st and gain a 3rd or 4th and still keep your current 3rd. 

wouldn’t be against it though I guess. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

You’re saying you’d want to move back  twice instead of giving them a 3rd? Idk. I think I’d rather just give them the 3rd. You could always move back with the 1st and gain a 3rd or 4th and still keep your current 3rd. 

wouldn’t be against it though I guess. 

I just wonder if there's much of a market for a trade back at 27.  If there's not, might as well just offer the swap to Arizona and take whoever you value the most at 34, while keeping six picks in your pocket. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

he called the Edwards signing

he also said we’d be signing an LB very soon and Klein was signed the next day.

Sal C follows him now. 

He could just be lucky of course. 

but, he hasn’t been proven wrong yet

I can say "the Bills will draft a WR this weekend" and then look like a genius when they do. Why didn't he just say AJ Klein?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I just wonder if there's much of a market for a trade back at 27.  If there's not, might as well just offer the swap to Arizona and take whoever you value the most at 34, while keeping six picks in your pocket. 

Yeah. I agree. The more I think about it the more I’d be happy with it. Instead of losing a pick you just move back 2 spots. I like it. But I also am not sure it’s needed to move the 3rd back or if it will be enough. I’m sure someone with more knowledge of the draft point system could figure that math and give us an understanding what the 27th to the 34th would be worth and what the 3rd round move back would be worth (likely not much value to that one). 

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This guy may just be a master troll, but for those who follow his words here you go.

You know how many are following these guys? And this kind of candy click bait these guys always do?

less than 1k followers... 

Click Candy

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

There's a good chance AZ ends up having to cut him for nothing and they still have to eat 8M of deadcap. I wouldn't throw them a bone that isn't needed and I don't think it's needed.

Then you're competing with a handful of teams trying to sign him as an UFA and we'd never be able to compete money wise.  Why not just swap 27 for 34 for a cash retained and restructured DHOP?  Then take you MLB, DT or OL at 34. Makes a ton of sense - we get DHOP and the new ARI GM saves face

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah. I agree. The more I think about it the more I’d be happy with it. Instead of losing a pick you just move back 2 spots. I like it. But I also am not sure it’s needed to move the 3rd back or if it will be enough. I’m sure someone with more knowledge of the draft point system could figure that math and give us an understanding what the 27th to the 34th would be worth and what the 3rd round move back would be worth (likely not much value to that one). 

Well, maybe I am confused on what the multiple swapping of picks scenario presumes. I think the fella is proposing 27 for 34 to acquire Hopkins and 91 for 105 to get the Cards to eat some (more?) of Hopkins' contract. I don't know if the latter is necessary. I suspect the initial swap would include AZ retaining some contract. If they don't get a taker and release him, it costs them 8M for nothing. If I'm Beane, I begin by expecting AZ to take that much.

6 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Then you're competing with a handful of teams trying to sign him as an UFA and we'd never be able to compete money wise.  Why not just swap 27 for 34 for a cash retained and restructured DHOP?  Then take you MLB, DT or OL at 34. Makes a ton of sense - we get DHOP and the new ARI GM saves face

Fella I was responding to was advocating adding a conditional 2024 pick to the 27 for 34 swap. I'm for the latter. I'm saying you shouldn't have to add to it. 

Edited by Dr. Who

I know it works out pretty well value wise for the Cards (3rd round) for us to drop from 27 to 34 for Nuk, but man......that seems like too much of a dream scenario for us.  To get a top 10 WR without giving up an early round pick would be amazing.  Even if it costs us an additional late rounder this year or next, who cares.  To think you could come out of this draft with Hopkins and still be able to draft Campbell (or whoever your choice is at LB) at a better value in the 2nd round and still have another 2nd round pick for a OL or DT seems insane.  But if it's on the table, I just don't see why we wouldn't do something like that.  The money can be figured out even if they don't help with the contract.

With all the smoke around this it's going to be pretty disappointing when it doesn't happen!  HA!

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I know it works out pretty well value wise for the Cards (3rd round) to drop from 27 to 34 for Nuk, but man......that seems like too much of a dream scenario for us.  To get a top 10 WR without giving up an early round pick would be amazing.  Even if it costs us an additional late rounder this year or next, who cares.  To think you could come out of this draft with Hopkins and still be able to draft Campbell (or whoever your choice is at LB) at a better value in the 2nd round and still have another 2nd round pick for a OL or DT seems insane.  But if it's on the table, I just don't see why we wouldn't do something like that.  The money can be figured out even if they don't help with the contract.

With all the smoke around this it's going to be pretty disappointing when it doesn't happen!  HA!

I don't think the money can get figured out if Arizona doesn't eat a bunch of it.   

D-Hop could have a great comeback player year but he's not been a top 10 WR since 2020 and his trajectory matches guys like Julio and AJ Green who have flamed out in their early 30's after some injuries,  recently.    There is A LOT of risk with taking on a receiver who isn't a style fit with Josh Allen(who is averse to throwing jump balls and prefers his receiver open) and who has a $19M salary this year and who has struggled with injury and PED suspension past 2 years. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

For any of you who thought the Bills were actually building a stadium in Dunkirk, here’s the latest information from an NFL “insider.”

FWIW this guy is making ***** up and getting the hopes up of Bills fans.  it’s gonna be glorious when the deal doesn’t go down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

For any of you who thought the Bills were actually building a stadium in Dunkirk, here’s the latest information from an NFL “insider.”

FWIW this guy is making ***** up and getting the hopes up of Bills fans.  it’s gonna be glorious when the deal doesn’t go down

It sounds like you like to prove someone wrong more than you like winning if that’s the case. We should all hope that goes down. That’s exactly the value that should be given to Hopkins.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Real NFL Insiders have more than 1k followers. just saying.. 

11 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I think he’s just reading what I wrote lol

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

Seems likely we MAY be in on him, and I’m all about it. But this guy is definitely a troll looking for attention. 

Or he listens to the Locked On Bills podcast. I believe the host, Joe Marino, executed this exact trade in the Locked On Network mock draft. 

It’s actually a pretty good trade idea. AZ can pretend they got a third round value (which it barely is on the JJ chart) for Hopkins and sell that to their fans. Meanwhile the Bills can draft a similarly rated player at 34 as they would’ve gotten at 27. It would make taking a LB a little easier to take. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

He’s reading this board then making up crap.  I’m surprised he hasn’t worked in Davis and Oliver yet.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

It sounds like you like to prove someone wrong more than you like winning if that’s the case. We should all hope that goes down. That’s exactly the value that should be given to Hopkins.

Winning?  Hopkins eats cap, gets hurt, gets suspended for PEDS and has never won anything.

• Eyeroll 2

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He’s reading this board then making up crap.  I’m surprised he hasn’t worked in Davis and Oliver yet.

I don’t know if he’s reading this board but he’s following the coverage and guessing.  It’s funny when that he champions two of his “predictions”

1. David Martin signing despite the fact it was reported he visited Buffalo on a FA trip.  How hard is it to guess that he would sign.

2. AJ Klein signing.  He said the Bills would address the LB situation.  Klein was signed in a move predicted by other media already (Joe B) and he takes a victory lap.   Not really sure that’s addressing the LB situation either

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What about a benford for hop trade? We still have Elam tre Dane and taron. 

Arizona is looking at a reset/rebuild.  They want draft picks…not players.  Besides what would Benford command?  A 5th round draft pick?

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t know if he’s reading this board but he’s following the coverage and guessing.  It’s funny when that he champions two of his “predictions”

1. David Martin signing despite the fact it was reported he visited Buffalo on a FA trip.  How hard is it to guess that he would sign.

2. AJ Klein signing.  He said the Bills would address the LB situation.  Klein was signed in a move predicted by other media already (Joe B) and he takes a victory lap.   Not really sure that’s addressing the LB situation either

If I had to bet anything I valued, I'd guess that fella is a fraud. However, I don't think all the smoke out there is fake news bouncing around an echo chamber. I suspect the Bills are a real possible destination for Hopkins.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So he’s going to Baltimore.

You like to make definitive pronouncements without argument or explanation. It's kind of annoying. If you're guessing, say so. If you think you have a basis for that judgment, explain your warrant.

I’ve figured it would be KC all along. Lost JuJu, etc and KC is a better run franchise. Meanwhile, beane will sit on his hands and let them win another SB all because he won’t be willing to give up a 3rd rounder in a crappy draft. Can’t wait until we waste a pick on Bryan Bresee and then draft another Bernard in the 3rd round with the pick he won’t give up. We are in a SB window and Beane doesn’t act like it. 

• Eyeroll 4

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I’ve figured it would be KC all along. Lost JuJu, etc and KC is a better run franchise. Meanwhile, beane will sit on his hands and let them win another SB all because he won’t be willing to give up a 3rd rounder in a crappy draft. Can’t wait until we waste a pick on Bryan Bresee and then draft another Bernard in the 3rd round with the pick he won’t give up. We are in a SB window and Beane doesn’t act like it. 

you should take a step outside today

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Not being able to make the massive salary work with our almost entirely filled cap does not equal "sit on his hands".  Classic short-sighted NFL fan commentary. As if you or I EVER have any idea how hard they try to make certain things happen.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsFanInRaleigh said:

you should take a step outside today

Maybe where he's at it's like this.

image.thumb.png.08a2a12e7b1f0bd70623c3d26822a6ab.png

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

Not being able to make the massive salary work with our almost entirely filled cap does not equal "sit on his hands".  Classic short-sighted NFL fan commentary. As if you or I EVER have any idea how hard they try to make certain things happen.

I think folks surmise that if the trade talk has any legitimate basis, then a financial path to make it work has been figured out. I agree on the surface it looks difficult, but I don't conclude from that that it is impossible. I agree that it is irrational to suppose that if it doesn't work out it means Beane is clueless or not diligently pursuing every available option to better the team.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Maybe where he's at it's like this.

image.thumb.png.08a2a12e7b1f0bd70623c3d26822a6ab.png

I think folks surmise that if the trade talk has any legitimate basis, then a financial path to make it work has been figured out. I agree on the surface it looks difficult, but I don't conclude from that that it is impossible. I agree that it is irrational to suppose that if it doesn't work out it means Beane is clueless or not diligently pursuing every available option to better the team.

It isn’t impossible.  The question is whether the cap mess you have to create to fit a 31 y.o., recently injured, recently suspended receiver under the cap is the right move.  I don’t think it is, even if they could get him for a 4th or later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

It isn’t impossible.  The question is whether the cap mess you have to create to fit a 31 y.o., recently injured, recently suspended receiver under the cap is the right move.  I don’t think it is, even if they could get him for a 4th or later.

It might not be. I am unclear if AZ can be induced to eat some salary given they would lose 8M if they simply end up having to cut him. That could ameliorate some of the cap mess and make a trade more appealing.