Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’ve already made the ultimatum a week ago. It’s Hopkins or else. His entire job this offseason should have been prioritizing another weapon for Josh. We are in an arms race with KC/Cinci. If Beane doesn’t realize that’s, then I don’t want him as our GM. 

I fully agree with you that offense needs more.......but everyone has to agree. 

So if Hopkins doesn't work out and Beane ends up getting (for ex.) Jeudy instead...I assume since for you it's Hopkins or else ,in your opinion he should still be fired.?

16 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Let me get this straight. 

You posted about liking Breece Hall and Tariq Woolen on a message board and that makes you infallible in comparison to a NFL executive of the year winner. 

The self-assured hubris you display is unparalleled. 

I would have drafted them. So tell me, who would you rather have on the Bills right now. 

Hall and Woolen    OR

Elam and Cook

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I fully agree with you that offense needs more.......but everyone has to agree. 

So if Hopkins doesn't work out and Beane ends up getting (for ex.) Jeudy instead...I assume since for you it's Hopkins or else ,in your opinion he should still be fired.?

I can accept Jeudy as a consolation prize, at least it means Beane understands the issues. 

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Right. Problem around here is certain people feel like they do know these things, and if this deal can’t or won’t happen it’s because Beane’s a loser, or he’s incompetent, or lacks killer instinct, or any other number of baseless insults. 

Yeah I know right...Lol, I guess Beane should just put a gun to their temples and make it an "agree or die" situation

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mrags said:

Nastiest sounding car imo. Should have bought one about 6 years ago. The prices have only risen since. 

Right!  I thought prices were crazy when low mileage ones were in the 30s.  

*Still think the 2-valve sounds better though 

March Madness update for those who can't get away from this thread.

San Diego St. just knocked Alabama out of the tournament. Miami has Houston on the ropes.

Could be no one seeds left in the Elite Eight.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nosejob said:

The new Cards Gm is still decorating his office and figuring out where the crapper is. Relax people....sheesh.

It's down the hall on the left. Go check your voicemail Cardinals GM.

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

you have an unrefined ear then ?
Like the Band Green Day i suppose ?

JK 

:)

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Could trading for DeAndre Hopkins get the Bills to the Super Bowl ?

Add him now. Help out Allen. Figure out how to move money around later.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/could-trading-for-deandre-hopkins-get-the-bills-to-the-super-bowl

The writer has come to the same conclusion as me. Make it happen. But, like everyone on this board, I am not Brandon Beane and have no say in the matter.

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I found one back about 2017ish in Rochester for 18k. I can’t remember the mileage. It was sick though. All black. Loved it. I wasn’t ready to buy at that point yet. I should have just pulled the trigger. The same car now goes for over 25-30k

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I can accept Jeudy as a consolation prize, at least it means Beane understands the issues. 

Be my preference.

sorry to offend anyone
 Hopkins is an answer.
I feel Jeudy MIGHT be a better addition. In a holistic perspective of course.
 Hopkins might be the guy to get us SB which most are rightfully clamoring for

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We aren’t getting DHOP Steve Tasker said it himself and if there’s a guy connected to the Bills organization it’s him. 
Beane is too busy getting the marching band together to try to woo 37 year old Calais Campbell which is more his speed 

if I recall, Tasker’s words were “nobody has told us anything” 

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I would have drafted them. So tell me, who would you rather have on the Bills right now. 

Hall and Woolen    OR

Elam and Cook

Looking quickly… on a per attempt basis Cook and Hall were nearly identical. PFF liked Cook better than Hall as a runner and receiver. Cook also didn’t tear his ACL. Considering we don’t run the ball often, not too bent out of shape about it.  

All that being said, I’d rather spend my RD1 pick on a premium position like a CB. Especially knowing Hall and Cook produced similarly on a per snap basis and we don’t run the ball. 

Look, you got those guys right. You deserve credit for that… let’s just try a sample of humility and realize being right about a pair of guys you read about on the internet and watched play a few times in college doesn’t mean you’re some talent evaluation savant. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I found one back about 2017ish in Rochester for 18k. I can’t remember the mileage. It was sick though. All black. Loved it. I wasn’t ready to buy at that point yet. I should have just pulled the trigger. The same car now goes for over 25-30k

do you agree the two valve motor is the better choice ?

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Looking quickly… on a per attempt basis Cook and Hall were nearly identical. PFF liked Cook better than Hall as a runner and receiver. Cook also didn’t tear his ACL. Considering we don’t run the ball often, not too bent out of shape about it.  

All that being said, I’d rather spend my RD1 pick on a premium position like a CB. Especially knowing Hall and Cook produced similarly on a per snap basis and we don’t run the ball. 

Look, you got those guys right. You deserve credit for that… let’s just try a sample of humility and realize being right about a pair of guys you read about on the internet and watched play a few times in college doesn’t mean you’re some talent evaluation savant. 

I thought it was more like reminiscing about the past than braggart , knowing the poster somewhat :)

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We aren’t getting DHOP Steve Tasker said it himself and if there’s a guy connected to the Bills organization it’s him. 
Beane is too busy getting the marching band together to try to woo 37 year old Calais Campbell which is more his speed 

I’m gonna go ahead and assume you misheard/misinterpreted Tasker.  

He and Chris Brown were 100% talking about the possibility and mentioned how  nobody has told them anything and it’s been extremely quiet… followed by “and then usually when stuff happens”. 

Also, why would Tasker be more connected than anyone else?   Because he’s a former player, Beane is giving him text messages updates?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

I'm just here to make @Alphadawg7 wade through another post while discovering nothing happened. 

😂 Nice, this literally made me laugh, touché 😂  

But you ain’t lying…like 20-30 pages of the same people debating the same things from the first 80 pages while we all scour for any kind of tweet or rumor of new info lol

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Beane is one of the most respected NFL GMs around. He's won awards for his professional work.

I'm pretty sure he's able to multi-task.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Exactly 

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Beane is one of the most respected NFL GMs around. He's won awards for his professional work.

Yes much like Von last year begging Josh Allen to recruit him 

5 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Exactly 

Yes much like Von last year begging Josh Allen to recruit him 

So... you're saying Beane can't multi-task?

53 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Ian Rapaport who is as full proof as you can get just said 3 days ago that talks were heating up and now "no one else is interested"? Come on man. A trade is gonna happen. It might not be to the Bills or Chiefs but that is complete nonsense 

It doesn't say a trade is out. It says no one is in right now.

Which one could easily read as things were heating up, teams were calling, and Arizona countered with more than anyone was offering and no one is interested anymore at that price.

It was said by Dan Fetes from WHAM13 Rochester in a video posted today that the sources he talked to said we were interested "for the right price". Which falls in line with that.

Very easily we could be in a situation right now where we made an offer, they want more, and Beane is sticking to his guns - as is the rest of the league.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Exactly

oh shoot, you’re right. Beane does need to run everything he does through Tasker. If he hasn’t asked Taskers thoughts then it surely isn’t happening. Shut down the thread boys, nothing else to see here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

Good grief this topic grew like 40 pages since yesterday. Could someone start a thread just for the social media stuff so it’s easier to follow instead of scanning through over a 100+ pages. 

AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A FAN!!!!!????

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

Good grief this topic grew like 40 pages since yesterday. Could someone start a thread just for the social media stuff so it’s easier to follow instead of scanning through over a 100+ pages. 

Maybe you could 

19 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

do you agree the two valve motor is the better choice ?

I thought it was more like reminiscing about the past than braggart , knowing the poster somewhat :)

No I don’t. Everything put together in the Terminator was built for massive power. Nothing can come close (at the time at least)  to the power that the Termi could handle. People were getting 1,000hp out of a stock motor. Was listed as 390hp stock but was closer to 420hp realistically. Ford for their ***** slapped because the 01 Cobra was falsely claiming the HP output and people were taking them to the Dyno right from the showroom floors and weren’t getting anything close. So they safely underrated the HP on the 03-04 Cobras. 

as far as sounds? Idk. Anyone getting a new edge mustang would most likely be putting on an exhaust anyway. Basani, Pypes, Magnaflow, or my favorite Borla Ataks. 

the thing that makes me go crazy is the SC whine though. You know it’s a Termi from a far ways away. Once you hear it, you know that sound. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10069916-report-cardinals-broncos-waiting-for-leverage-in-deandre-hopkins-jerry-jeudy-trade

It seems this isn't going to go away anytime soon. I know we all got excited and it seemed like "things were heating up". But reading the tea leaves today, it seems Arizona is in no hurry and is playing hardball.

They could be waiting until after the Draft and trying to squeeze teams that missed out on WR's like Addison, JSN, and Johnson that need another solid WR for everything they can get.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

so listening to Greg Thomsett right now, the bills have to absorb that full contract hit this season for a split second to take thew contract and then they can restructure. But the direct trade the Bills need that full cap hit to even make the trade and then they can immediately restructure. The Cooks trade was the work around - you get better picks for paying part of the bonus if you pay $10 million you can have a 4th rounder instead of a 6th. The cap gymnastics Beane has to do is be able to work whatever is left on that contract based on what AZ would pay to make it fit for that instant before they can do anything else....

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

so listening to Greg Thomsett right now, the bills have to absorb that full contract hit this season for a split second to take thew contract and then they can restructure. But the direct trade the Bills need that full cap hit to even make the trade and then they can immediately restructure. The Cooks trade was the work around - you get better picks for paying part of the bonus if you pay $10 million you can have a 4th rounder instead of a 6th. The cap gymnastics Beane has to do is be able to work whatever is left on that contract based on what AZ would pay to make it fit for that instant before they can do anything else....

Wouldn’t you just be able to have his deal restructured with Arizona before the trade? Or is there a reason that can’t happen?

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not if they get Arizona to keep some of the money. Obviously that would increase the cost to the Bills.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1