Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If that's the case, better not be much value going back AZ's way.

You need to give at least a decent offer because AZ is under no obligation to move DHop out.

If the Bills can get DHop for a 3rd and restructure his contract, that would be a huge get IMO.  Remember when we traded a 1st for Diggs?

Just now, mrags said:

This———^

Yep, this isn’t something that is totally out of our control. It’s not like Hopkins is a FA and has a choice to where he goes. This is all about negotiations and working the cap. This falls squarely on Beane to make this happen. It will be a major L if he loses to KC’s GM. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That doesn’t work.  Sure if there was a conclusion maybe, but new info easily gets buried many pages back you gotta keep going back pages to find.  I mean I just did it in this thread earlier this morning where like 8 pages back I found some posts that were new since I last saw updates.  

If you're that particular, you'll just have to wade through like a picker at a swap meet.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You need to give at least a decent offer because AZ is under no obligation to move DHop out.

If the Bills can get DHop for a 3rd and restructure his contract, that would be a huge get IMO.  Remember when we traded a 1st for Diggs?

Yes, the rumor at least was compensation would probably be closer to the Cooks deal in Dallas. It's worth a third, though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

If you're that particular, you'll just have to wade through like a picker at a swap meet.

Yes, the rumor at least was compensation would probably be closer to the Cooks deal in Dallas. It's worth a third, though.

It ultimately depends on what KC and other teams are offering. I mean would anyone really care if we sent a 2nd if it meant we win a super bowl next year with Diggs + Hopkins? 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

More like I’m that busy, but all good

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

It ultimately depends on what KC and other teams are offering. I mean would anyone really care if we sent a 2nd if it meant we win a super bowl next year with Diggs + Hopkins? 

After the fact, of course not. Before then, folks will think that's too much.

• Agree 1

I’m sorry friends,

But seeing how Beane operates with trades (we either hear nothing or we get whispers right when it’s imminent), I feel the longer this goes the less likely it is to happen. 

Honestly, if this was to happen it would’ve already, and I’d be willing to bet Beane is pissed DH’s camp leaked this. 

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’m sorry friends,

But seeing how Beane operates with trades (we either hear nothing or we get whispers right when it’s imminent), I feel the longer this goes the less likely it is to happen. 

Honestly, if this was to happen it would’ve already, and I’d be willing to bet Beane is pissed DH’s camp leaked this. 

Yes because figuring out how to structure a contract doesn't take any time...

Just now, Dr. Who said:

After the fact, of course not. Before then, folks will think that's too much.

I’m super confident we win a super bowl if we land Hopkins. It’s impossible to double both Diggs and Hopkins, so somebody is going to eat, even if that means Davis or Shakir feast. This is the missing piece of offense. I’ve been saying it since Davis failed to breakout. I honestly don’t even care if we give up a 1st (if that is what it takes), it shouldn’t but I’m willing to do it. Not only does Hopkins provide another solid 1B option opposite of Diggs, he is a solid backup in case we run into injury issues with Diggs. We land Hopkins, nobody is stopping us. 

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’m sorry friends,

Honestly, if this was to happen it would’ve already, and I’d be willing to bet Beane is pissed DH’s camp leaked this

Unless he wanted to identify moles w/in the organization or drive the price up for other players like the Chiefs.

IF/SHOULD we sign Hopkins, Thats it! Super Bowl!

His addition would give us 2 All Pro WR’s, 2 All Pro S’s, an All Pro QB,  All Pro DE, All Pro LB, Pro Bowl LT, Pro Bowl C, Pro Bowl G, Pro Bowl TE, a great PK, great Kick Returner, and competent and LS.

This is a larger collection of talent than any previous team -including those who made the SB 4 straight years! 

Dammit, Brandon! Get it Done!

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m super confident we win a super bowl if we land Hopkins. It’s impossible to double both Diggs and Hopkins, so somebody is going to eat, even if that means Davis or Shakir feast. This is the missing piece of offense. I’ve been saying it since Davis failed to breakout. I honestly don’t even care if we give up a 1st (if that is what it takes), it shouldn’t but I’m willing to do it. Not only does Hopkins provide another solid 1B option opposite of Diggs, he is a solid backup in case we run into injury issues with Diggs. We land Hopkins, nobody is stopping us. 

I'm guessing you lose a lot at poker. 

I'm totally on board with acquiring Hopkins. You don't have to pay that much.

If it doesn't happen, I doubt it's a compensation issue.

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What if trade for Juedy has similar cost as DeAndre? 

one is cheaper and on the rise, one is expensive and skowing down..,

🤔

The higher the cost on Hopkins, the more Jeudy becomes an option, imo, though they lost a key wr to injury so I'm not even sure he's still on the table. Also, to be honest, I have more faith in Hopkins, so there's that.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Agree 1

I'm guessing you lose a lot at poker. 

I'm totally on board with acquiring Hopkins. You don't have to pay that much.

If it doesn't happen, I doubt it's a compensation issue.

Honestly no, I’m pretty good at poker and win a fairly good amount of times. I’m not saying to come right out and offer a 1st, I’m just saying I would do it if that is what it took to solidify the trade. I’m not saying you should pay that much, but if it is necessary to do what we need to do to win a super bowl, you do it. 

If KC is offering a 2nd, then you offer a 1st, you have to keep DHop out of KC. I’m sure Beane realizes that Hopkins in KC is a disaster and we must do what we can to stop that. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

🤔

With Juedy you have to hope that it has been QB production that has been holding him back.

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m super confident we win a super bowl if we land Hopkins. It’s impossible to double both Diggs and Hopkins, so somebody is going to eat, even if that means Davis or Shakir feast. This is the missing piece of offense.

I mean… we ARE the Bills…

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Honestly no, I’m pretty good at poker and win a fairly good amount of times. I’m not saying to come right out and offer a 1st, I’m just saying I would do it if that is what it took to solidify the trade. I’m not saying you should pay that much, but if it is necessary to do what we need to do to win a super bowl, you do it. 

If KC is offering a 2nd, then you offer a 1st, you have to keep DHop out of KC. I’m sure Beane realizes that Hopkins in KC is a disaster and we must do what we can to stop that. 

We'll see how it plays out. I think your desire for Hopkins on the team is writing checks above what is necessary. Maybe I'm wrong . . . 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

you don't acquire a player so another team doesn't

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What if trade for Juedy has similar cost as DeAndre in terms of pick asked? 

one is cheaper and on the rise, one is expensive and slowing down..,

🤔

Too late, we're already committed to Hopkins, I mean look. We're 97 pages into this, we can't start over!

• Haha (+1) 1

We'll see how it plays out. I think your desire for Hopkins on the team is writing checks above what is necessary. Maybe I'm wrong . . . 

Maybe I am over analyzing the situation, but for me the choice is obvious. We have an elite QB and if he gets another elite WR option, I just don’t see how other teams can stop us. Now teams can double Diggs and neutralize Davis and we stall out at times. You can’t do that with Diggs and Hopkins. 

WRs like Hopkins and Evans would completely bulletproof our offense and it’s exactly why I’ve been so adamant about these two WRs. They are exactly the type of WR we need to free up Diggs and vise versa. 

Hopkins has put up fantastic numbers even without having an elite WR playing next to him, imagine what Hopkins is going to do if he can’t be doubled as much as he has been in the past. Dude is going to absolutely change us to an unstoppable force. 

Working against--As far back as Bryant Johnson the only TBD thread like this that has ever worked out with the player coming to the Bills was Mario Williams...and his 5 day visit with his crazy then-girlfriend....

Working for-This feels like a Mario Williams kind of deal....😃😍😉

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Billsy or not, we win a super bowl with Hopkins, sig it.  You aren’t stopping Diggs + Hopkins with Allen throwing the ball. With good WR depth like Davis and Shakir eating if teams focus on both Diggs and Hopkins. 

You do understand that you could put Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson out there and it doesn't mean jack spit if your QB is getting swarmed before he even hits his drop?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

You do understand that you could put Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson out there and it doesn't mean jack spit if you're QB is getting swarmed before he even hits his drop?

I didn't think so....

Which is why I want to trade for Hopkins and totally dedicate the draft to the oline and a LB. 

Go get Avila and a RT. Maybe a Drew Sanders for MLB. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

🤔

Hopkins really hasn't shown signs of slowing down. When he returned from his suspension for PED's last year (which he most likely took to help recover from an MCL tear he suffered in 2021) he averaged more yards per game than his career average. He did so with back up's/back up's throwing him the ball. His 2021 year was cut short by actual injury, which was the only such time in his career that happened. Prior, he started 126 our of a potential 128 games. He is a year and half older than Diggs and is basically a lock to get to 13,000 yards receiving which starts to form the argument that he has no right to be excluded from the hall of fame. If anything the time off the last two years likely adds tread on the tires. This is a HOF WR that can give us around peak output for a couple years. While he recognized as being very good, I just don't think many give him the level of respect he deserves as in thinking HOF caliber. His stats say as much, he has just been stuck playing for two horrible organizations that nobody likes or cares about.  

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

You do understand that you could put Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson out there and it doesn't mean jack shlt if you're QB is getting swarmed before he even hits his drop?

I didn't think so....

Quit injecting ***** logic into this.....load up on everything but pass protection and let Josh get hit mercilessly 

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

IF/SHOULD we sign Hopkins, Thats it! Super Bowl!

His addition would give us 2 All Pro WR’s, 2 All Pro S’s, an All Pro QB,  All Pro DE, All Pro LB, Pro Bowl LT, Pro Bowl C, Pro Bowl G, Pro Bowl TE, a great PK, great Kick Returner, and competent and LS.

This is a larger collection of talent than any previous team -including those who made the SB 4 straight years! 

Dammit, Brandon! Get it Done!

Can you give a more specific and current assessment of those OL you mention?

1 minute ago, Simon said:

You do understand that you could put Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson out there and it doesn't mean jack spit if you're QB is getting swarmed before he even hits his drop?

I didn't think so....

Please correct me if I'm wrong but there's no O-Lineman of Hopkins' status available for a trade, much less a presumable cheap-ish trade. 

Just because you have deficiencies in one position group doesn't mean you shouldn't take a golden opportunity to massively increase another.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Which is why I want to trade for Hopkins and totally dedicate the draft to the oline and a LB. 

Go get Avila and a RT. Maybe a Drew Sanders for MLB. 

On my admittedly brief dive into interior OL in the draft Avila seemed like a good fit who we could get in round 2. What do you like about him?