Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I don't remember a rumor about Von to Buffalo,  it just happened..

I feel like we were all thinking to be in on Chandler Jones and then he goes to the Raiders and out of nowhere it's announced that evening that Von is signing with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I posted this because I feel like Schrager is foreshadowing something.

Hope it's a Hopkins or Jeudy signing. I personally prefer Jeudy for his potential, age and $ cost but to go all-in for a SB this year, Hopkins is the more proven option 

Either signing today may make me lose control of certain bodily fluids. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I don't remember a rumor about Von to Buffalo,  it just happened..

No rumor since he was an UFA.  It was meeting with several teams and then deciding.  We all thought he'd choose elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I feel like the more this is being reported the more unlikely it is.  You hardly ever see things about Buffalo being true

This kind of reminds me of the hype with Mario Williams. The Bills did get him.

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

I would agree...if they hadn't signed Von last year.

With Sanders and Miller all we knew was they tried to trade for them before. There wasn't much info or discussion about interest before signing. With Miller everyone was pissed about missing out on Chandler Jones who we were rumored to be the front runner on. Then boom "is 40 open?"

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I feel like "The Bills are trading for Big Name Receiver X", followed by "Breaking News: Big Name Receiver X has been traded to not-the-Bills" has become a yearly tradition.

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Man, people around here have a def hard on for trading Oliver.  

Probably because if the Bills dont trade him its going to end up like Edwards... Either pay more than he is really worth and find the money to do it or let him walk for pretty much nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I feel like we were all thinking to be in on Chandler Jones and then he goes to the Raiders and out of nowhere it's announced that evening that Von is signing with the Bills.

I thought most of us were thinking/hoping we would be in on a stud pass rusher last year.   And it happened.

This year the majority of the intelligent posters have been hoping for OL help and another stud playmaker on offense (while realizing that to accomplish this there would need to be a movement of resources from the defense to the offense).

Getting to far into the weeds is a fools errand.  But so far so good on the overall plan.  And a D Hop move insanely good.

7 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

With Sanders and Miller all we knew was they tried to trade for them before. There wasn't much info or discussion about interest before signing. With Miller everyone was pissed about missing out on Chandler Jones who we were rumored to be the front runner on. Then boom "is 40 open?"

I believe the Bills inquired about Hopkins during the 2020 off-season.

• Like (+1) 1

The more I think about Hopkins the more I don't like the move. Giving up draft capital and taking on the cap hit longer term for a soon-to-be 31-year-old receiver who has been hurt the past two seasons. I get how elite he is but I would rather look elsewhere either on the trade market or via the draft. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 6

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The more I think about Hopkins the more I don't like the move. Giving up draft capital and taking on the cap hit longer term for a soon-to-be 31-year-old receiver who has been hurt the past two seasons. I get how elite he is but I would rather look elsewhere either on the trade market or via the draft. 

This is the type of move that can get the Bills over the hump.  There would be no more excuses for the offensive side of the football.  If they still cant get it done then either Josh isnt good enough or this coaching staff isnt good enough.  They have the roster.

You should like this move IMO.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 4

On 1/10/2023 at 4:53 PM, NeverOutNick said:

The Score's Jordan Schultz reports that the Cardinals plan to trade DeAndre Hopkins this offseason.

i’ve been telling my buddies for the last month that if we could just get DeAndre Hopkins to be our 1b to Stefon Diggs 1a we would be set at receiver next year. Gabe Davis can then flourish as the third guy like he used to. And we know DeAndre Hopkins has some of the best hands this league has ever seen.

Then the draft would be Offensive line galore with a sprinkle of secondary help 

If somehow the Bills could acquire Hopkins....I don't think the top 2 draft priorities are OL and DB.....would be MLB big hole there) and WR (still). Bills have signed 2 guards and supposedly re signed Quessenberry.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

MCL tear was 2 years ago and last year was a knee "flare up" the last two weeks of a meaningless season for the Cards.

Edited by The Wiz